Bulldogs close in on ambitious triple swoop as fresh Suaalii link emerges: Jimmy Brings

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Something like this. IF......IF we pull a rabbit out the hat and sign all three of the sneaky skilled fucks

1. Averillo - Has to be the FB, would be wasted on the wing. Meaney's days are done, sorry kid it's a new era at Belmore
2. JAC
3. Hoppa
4. Cotric.
5. DWZ
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Thompson
9. Katoa
10. Toomaga
11. RFM
12. Waddell
13. Jackson

14. Elliot
15. Napa
16. Ogden
17. Hethrington
Now thats a top 8 team

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If this were to eventuate where does Averillo play? I think to save $ we could do without JAC and have Averillo at the back or alternately no Flanagan and Burton and Averillo in the halves? with JAC at the back.
Think Burton is a must.
This i agree with. I know everyone deserately wants us to sign superstars, but with those 3 purchases we still dont have a hooker. We would be better off deciding what position Averilo will play long term, and then deciding whocto buy thereafter.
I have always said 8 think JAC is surplus to requirements, regardless of how awesome a player he is.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Averillo to me is a keeper by any means. I'd like to see him roam in the backline as a benchie. If we sign these rumored players we then might have the luxury of carrying Averillo in a similar way bellamy used papenhausen until he was absolutely ready for a run on gig.
He would be our best utility without doubt!

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely if JAC is Redfern destined, the release of Roberts hasn't piqued any interested in Storm as a pick up "like-for-like"?
Question: who would Souths propose as swap then?

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Avo

6. Burton
7. Flanno

9. Wakeham

I wonder if that would work (providing we don't sign a hooker)
Not sure Wakeham has the running game required for hooker. If Burton comes early and flanno signs i don’t think we’ll see Wakeham again until injuries strike

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reimis is a great athlete but he needs to play in a better system. He would be great under Bellamy. I'd only take JAC is we can offload DWZ. We simply can't have them two on a combined 1.3 million and expect to still have enough room for a quality hooker.

Flanagan and either Burton/Averillo would make a great halves combo, Flanagan is a genuine playmaker whilst Avo/Burton are running halfs.

Really hope we can still nab one of the young Melbourne hookers.

1. Averillo
2. JAC/DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Hopoate
5. Okunbor/Smith
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Thompson
9. B.Smith
10. To'omaga
11. RFM
12. Elliot
13. Jackson

14. Napa
15. Waddell
16. Hetherington
17. JMK

18. Ogden
19. Stimson
20. Wakeham

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are closing in on an ambitious triple swoop that would hand incoming coach Trent Barrett some significant attacking firepower.

Bulldogs
are closing in on landing the key signatures of Melbourne’s grand final winger Josh Addo-Carr, Sydney Roosters halfback Kyle Flanagan and Penrith’s Matt Burton.

And grand finalists the Melbourne Storm are looking at Bulldogs winger Reimis Smith as a possible replacement for State of Origin winger Addo-Carr.

While the Wests Tigers initially looked in the box seat to secure Addo-Carr for next season, the Bulldogs have now emerged as the most likely home for the NSW and Australian winger.

The Bulldogs will ramp up their pursuit of Burton as of November 1 when they can officially get the Panthers young gun to sign a contract for 2022.

Then it will be up to the Panthers whether they decide to release the Dubbo product one year early.

The Flanagan deal is expected to get rubber-stamped in the next 24 hours. Add Addo-Carr and Burton and all of a sudden the roster goes from below average to a decent side.

That's only part of the list :grinning:

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t believe we are on the verge of singing 3 spine players??

Since when did we ever get this feeling ? It’s been years in the making
Its great news, but we are still a good hooker away from being a threat.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure Wakeham has the running game required for hooker. If Burton comes early and flanno signs i don’t think we’ll see Wakeham again until injuries strike
These players being spoke about are being brought in for immediate success.
I'm a big fan of Wakeham and Averillo, they have a tonne of upside, but they need some more time to develop imo.
In all fairness those two should've been our reserve grade halves this year, and so long as there is some clear succession planning going on, then these blokes should be playing for mounties to start 2021, give them some time to build up their game.
I'd like to see Averillo play fb in reserve grade as he's come thru the grades as a running half, time out of the spotlight to develop would be most beneficial for both of them, rather than throwing them into first grade, out of position and expect results.