Bulldogs close in on ambitious triple swoop as fresh Suaalii link emerges: Jimmy Brings

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t believe we are on the verge of singing 3 spine players??

Since when did we ever get this feeling ? It’s been years in the making

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Penrith won't release Burton out of spite .. They'll rather have him playing reggies then playing first grade tearing up at the Bulldogs considering he's probably on jack all $$ at Penrith atm
I think you’re wrong,tb and ivan have a super relationship

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2 games of note.
Just 1 more year. Under different coach. If he doesnt produce, probably just another myth.
To be honest guy is a winger. He is a poor mans Rona, but can leap, can catch the high ball and should be given more attacking kicks when we are in the red zone. For some reason the club tried its heart out to play him at centre (which he isnt that great at) his best season was outside hoppa and I dont think we had that combo much if at all this year.

All the tries he scored were classic winger trys this year. Yet up until the last games he still ran out with 3 on his back.

Fair enough if a player has ambitions, but do you think in the storm system if he said im a centre bellemy would be like yeh fair point, and move him. guy lacks acceleration and play making. His trys have come from out leaping, backing up/supporting or taking an intercept/picking up a kick and motoring 100m. None of that is what a centre is in the team for.

Hoppa Reimis, with Cotric and Carr on the opposite side would be immac. Surplus is Zelezniak. If storm want to release Carr then we shold offer Zeleniak and we can chip in 100k (zelezniak will do well at the storm). You dont get to chose a player of your liking when your player wants to leave (look at us with barba, klemmer, hannant, I think the only thing we got back was 1000 tickets to a broncos game between the 3 of them).

Hope the board, barret and the CEO can get us Carr and get rid of DWZ. For the price Smith can still do well as a winger, but if we will play him at centre with Hoppa at the back then id rather he goes. It should be pretty simple Smith = Wing, Hoppa = Centre, Cotric = Centre. Zeleniak = Rubbish, okunbor = injured. Fullback is the biggest problem and we either put meaney there and Averillo on the bench or throw jake there without a second of exposure there first grade (which again is a blight on pay and gerogallis to not try him there when we had no hope of making the 8, which was after the 3rd game of the season).

Liking what our roster is looking like moving forward. Shame the old board didnt see it through because a lot of this is coming off the back of the appointment of Barrett and his vision. Doubt pay would be thinking Burton or Flanagan, he seemed like a Benji, Josh Reynolds and Tolman type.

Last edited:

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Even if it’s a rumour and not rubber stamped yet, it’s pretty exciting hearing we are at least in for players of this calibre.

These 3 are huge ins and upgrades on what we have.

Reimis will not be missed...and his lazy shit won’t be tolerated by CB...

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If we sign those 3 I will have huge faith in the new powers to be.

I can see remis going well at storm too. He’s got the talent and maybe Bellamy unlocks it.

Still if it gets us addo carr do it ffs!!!

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Something like this. IF......IF we pull a rabbit out the hat and sign all three of the sneaky skilled fucks

1. Averillo - Has to be the FB, would be wasted on the wing. Meaney's days are done, sorry kid it's a new era at Belmore
2. JAC
3. Hoppa
4. Cotric.
5. DWZ
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Thompson
9. Katoa
10. Toomaga
11. RFM
12. Waddell
13. Jackson

14. Elliot
15. Napa
16. Ogden
17. Hethrington

Curash

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Averillo
JAC
DWZ
Hoppa
Cotric
Burton
Flanagan
RFM
B. Smith
Napa
Elliott
Thompson
Jackson

To'omaga
Ogden
Waddell
JMK

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't get the Addo Carr thing, he'll want too much to play as a winger and the truth is he'll probably be wasted on our team for a year or 2 and IF we get Burton and Flanagan we should be looking at putting Averillo at 1.