Flanagan consolidated thread.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What's this "Flanagan Consolidated Thread" shit?

I demand at least 3 seperate threads so we can jump between each one making the same comments and observations, with different people. It's the only way I'll be able to win an argument ....

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sign Flanagan and then give Benji a 1 year deal. That's much better than watching Lewis and Wakeham run around next year..
Someone said that Benji is odds on to sign with the Rorters. Can't remember who?

However, I 100% agree with you that this would be a great way forward! Would love to see that happen.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a few thoughts.
How would Burton go at hooker if we we were to get him of course.
As for Flanagan, I've seen many players who were snubbed by their club and use it as motivation, then go to another club and become super stars.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I think we have to wait until November for Burton since Panthers don't want to lose him.
No. What the Panthers want is for him to hang around and see if they can bulk him up and move him to lock. If the Dogs nab him, this will then force there hand. It's not like the Panthers don't have others coming through the ranks in that position as well. If he is getting offered halves money as a prospect, it would be hard to knock back our offer. Especially if he sees a pretty free run to a starting position. At that point it's easy to force a contract break at the club. And Panthers don't really want anyone who doesn't want to play for them, and they will need the cash to secure some of the other talent coming through. Just need his signature first to get the ball rolling. 2 more weeks until we can do anything.

What I would like to hear is that we are going after a hooker, even if it's just a prospect coming through that we can develop in rotation with JKM with a view to them taking that role. Still going to be a long year next year, but I'd like to see that spine fixed so we can see the future.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Just a few thoughts.
How would Burton go at hooker if we we were to get him of course.
As for Flanagan, I've seen many players who were snubbed by their club and use it as motivation, then go to another club and become super stars.
Burton hooker no. With his big boot, you want him to be the main kicker if possible. Even if we got Flannagan as well.

As for Flanagan, his game didn't develop as much as the Roosters would have liked, well not fast enough for them anyway. But then you look at Cleary, and he was the exact same player in a way, but came on in leaps and bounds this year. I'm sure if we got him, one of the focuses will be ensuring he gets the support to develop his game as thats how Barrett can be successful in this role.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Theres a bit of hesitancy with Barrett. He has promised not to steal any Panthers.
He has Hetherington, and now wants Burton. The Panthers will not be pleased.

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
Once this season is over, Baz is going to go mental on raiding the Panthers i reckon, they have to resign up to 11 players , their players will demand big money, they need to off load a couple of backs also , they cant keep them all

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Theres a bit of hesitancy with Barrett. He has promised not to steal any Panthers.
He has Hetherington, and now wants Burton. The Panthers will not be pleased.
Hetherington was expendable, as they have gun props coming through. All clubs need to rotate there roster to a point each season. Hopefully with Cleary and now May signed long term, Burton sees the writing on the wall, and needs to move on to fulfil his dreams. Ultimately, footy careers are short, and if you don't put yourself in a position to have a go, you might never get that opportunity. I have no doubt the Panthers will release him if he signs. There is zero upside to them holding onto him for another season if that is the situation.