Flanagan consolidated thread.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It’s not about winning comps for us though and it’s a improvement on what we have especially for next year.
It should only be about winning comps. I don't want to sign Flanagan to a 3-4 year contract.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It should only be about winning comps. I don't want to sign Flanagan to a 3-4 year contract.
There’s no point saying it should only be about winning comps when we won’t be in contention or even close to contention next year. A 3-4 year deal doesn’t make much sense you’d do a 2 year deal with the Chooks picking up a bit on 21.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
There’s no point saying it should only be about winning comps when we won’t be in contention or even close to contention next year. A 3-4 year deal doesn’t make much sense you’d do a 2 year deal with the Chooks picking up a bit on 21.
So real life is that easy? Flanagan would agree to a 2 year deal and the Roosters will agree to pay some of his 2021 salary? Is it really that easy?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So real life is that easy? Flanagan would agree to a 2 year deal and the Roosters will agree to pay some of his 2021 salary? Is it really that easy?
Who said anything about it being easy? If they want to offload him then they’d have to come to the party.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I'm impartial on this. The kid is solid, does the main things right and he's safe. But probably a bit too safe. The word boring comes to mind. On the other hand, it means he has a good head on his shoulders and seems reasonably collected for his age. Maybe over time he'll eventually come out of his shell...?

I'd be more happy to take him if we had a 6 with a bit of flair alongside him.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Roosters will probably try to clone Cooper Cronk in a lab somewhere I'm sure Uncle Nick can afford to pull it off

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For those wondering why Hill is openly acknowledging that we are going after him but didn’t come out and say that about previous recruits

Perhaps it’s because the Andersons are gone and he got more flexibility to do his job [emoji38]

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Averillo
2. Smith
3. Cotric
4. Hopoate
5. Okunbor
6. Benji 1 year 2021 -THEN- Burton 2022 onwards (unless they release him for 2021, then no Benji)
7. Flanagan

9. The Mystery Spine man & the missing piece of the spinal jigsaw puzzel???

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Never seen him do anything good except goal kick.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Get off the ice pipe you fool. U want to compare Wakeham to this guy?? Dope
He's shown nothing in a roosters side that are back to back premiers you banana.

You really think any other young player wouldn't be able to step into his spot, at the roosters, with players who know what they are doing, with players who are amongst the best in the game, with a coach who has actually trained the side (vs derpa derpa Pay).

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I know it won't be popular but I'm worried if we sign him. I don't rate him as highly as others on here.

He is a goal kicker and Keary's assistant but that's about it.

Also the Roosters never release good players IE Crapa and Smith come straight to mind.