Flanagan consolidated thread.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
WOW! Didn't expect that. Confirmation from the club. Interesting that we're making this public when all other contract discussions have seemingly been hush hush from the club.
Why come out and announce you are making a play for him? Just sign him and announce when done. This is how we used to conduct business.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Haven’t we learnt after picking up napa from the roosters. The blokes shit and that’s why they are giving him to us. Why don’t they give us keary

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As I have said, I reckon he's been made the scapegoat due to there poor end of the season. The whole team look fried after that bunnies game.
Add to that the fact that on this occasion their coach had no plan B...

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Barrett thinks he's worth it, then thr club should it happen.
The roosters initially saw him as a talent and possibly not everyone can be to their liking. He could feel less overawed in our club and continue his development as a good prospect.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why come out and announce you are making a play for him? Just sign him and announce when done. This is how we used to conduct business.
Don't remember us annuoncing anything with Cotric though? Think all of our previous dealings weren't commented on by the club, which is why I'm surprised with this one.

Makes me think there's definitely something in it and a lot more at play behind the scenes?

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanagan with possibly Burton as well next year or year after (Doubt Burton can afford to waste another year behind Cleary and Luai) and B Smith or Grant although Grant unlikely now with JAC at fullback isn’t too far a fetch at this point now.
1. JAC
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
9. B Smith
Looking pretty good.

TAS

All In
Reaction score
‘Exactly what they need’: Why Dogs and Flanagan are a match made in heaven
Matty Johns believes a potential move to the Bulldogs would be the best decision for Kyle Flanagan’s long-term development.

Flanagan moved to the Roosters from Cronulla to replace Cooper Cronk as the club’s halfback.

However, the club failed to make a third straight grand final and Flanagan has appeared as a potential scapegoat.

Foxsports.com.au revealed on Tuesday that Canterbury’s new coach Trent Barrett is a big fan of the Roosters half, and Johns believes going to the Bulldogs would help further his career.

“It surprised me to pick him up and let him go after 12 months, I think it’s a tough call,” Johns told Fox League’s NRL360.

“He’s still a young player, it’s like the English Premier League when they signed you to go Manchester United. They would say it’s a big ask for young players to go there as opposed to playing at some of the smaller clubs.

“I actually think going to a club like that where the expectation is lower would suit him.

“[Barrett] He’s done a good job with Nathan Cleary [at Penrith] this year.

“They’re a club on the build that’s for sure. The Bulldogs will be good for him.

“For him to go to a club where they’re trying to go three in a row is a big ask because there’s big expectations but he was playing against opposition teams who want to beat the premiers, that’s tough on a young player.”

Flanagan has played just 29 games in his short NRL career and Mark Geyer shared a similar view to Johns that a move for the playmaker makes sense.

Speaking on Triple M, Geyer argued that the move would benefit Flanagan as much as his signing would help the Bulldogs.

“It’s brutal. At the moment it’s all speculation but it’s so brutal on young Flanagan, but unfortunately it’s business,” Geyer said. “The Roosters obviously don’t see him in their long-term plans. Flanagan might not want to be a long-term Rooster either. He could be a Bulldog by November 1.

“He is perfect for them, a goalkicking halfback. That’s exactly what they want. That’s exactly what they need.

“He’s a baby and he’s only going to get better, buddy. He’s only going to get better Kyle Flanagan, I rate him. I rate him a lot.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No thanks. Goes missing in the big moments. Been saying for awhile now that the Roosters wont win the comp with him at halfback and neither will we.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The roosters initially saw him as a talent and possibly not everyone can be to their liking. He could feel less overawed in our club and continue his development as a good prospect.
Rooters don’t have the patience, they want to buy premierships now. Thought they’d easily get the three peat this year. Now need to clear money as their roster is ageing. Probably will go for a Cleary or a Wighton next to make it happen the cheating bastards.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He would be good. In his first year he's miles better than our rookie halves, and is a great goalkicker. Wakeham isn't ready and needs more time in reserves, Lewis can be good but is erratic, Cogger is ok but a backup also imo. If we can snag another half I'm ok with all 3 playing reggies.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't remember us annuoncing anything with Cotric though? Think all of our previous dealings weren't commented on by the club, which is why I'm surprised with this one.

Makes me think there's definitely something in it and a lot more at play behind the scenes?
I agree it is a bit weird how they comment sometimes and other times not.
We will never know the reasoning behind it I suppose.
Would it be correct in saying that Flano has agreed that our club would release a public statement.