Opinion Fastest, Toughest, Smartest, Most Talent, MVP, Bulldogs Ever.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something positive to talk and reminisce about.
List your best Bulldogs of all timein your opinion.
Since my only recollection can begin from the 80’s my selections start from there.
There are plenty of others and there is no definitive answer but this is what I went with.

Fastest: Rod Silva
Toughest: Steve Folkes
Smartest: Steve Mortimer
Most Talented: Ben Barba
MVP: Terry Lamb

Have fun with your selections.
Fastest - Ben Barba
Smartest - Steve Mortimer
Toughest - Mark O'mearly / Peter Kelly / David Gillespe /Chris Mortimer
Most Talented - Steve Mortimer
MVP - Terry Lamb
1601448754393.png1601447995348.png1601448571750.png1601448214132.png1601448351429.png1601448080940.png1601448954958.png1601448137525.png

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Fastest - BARBA
Toughest - BUPA (Should’ve played in the 80’s)
Smartest - SHIFTY
Most Talented - BARBA
MVP - BAA

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Fastest - Brett Dallas
Toughest - Jason Hetherington
Most Talented - SBW
MVP - Terry Lamb

Slowest - Adam Perry
Weakest - Aaron Woods
Dumbest - SBW
Least talented - Michael Lichaa
LVP - Tony Williams

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something positive to talk and reminisce about.
List your best Bulldogs of all timein your opinion.
Since my only recollection can begin from the 80’s my selections start from there.
There are plenty of others and there is no definitive answer but this is what I went with.

Fastest: Rod Silva
Toughest: Steve Folkes
Smartest: Steve Mortimer
Most Talented: Ben Barba
MVP: Terry Lamb

Have fun with your selections.
Been watching the dogs for over 45 years. Seen all our greats except Les Johns.
Fastest: Steve Mortimer & Jonathan Davies. They even look and play similar.
Toughest: Terry Lamb & David Gillespie
Smartest: Steve Mortimer & Terry Lamb. Statistically the best halves combination of all time despite what today's "experts" think. They played 5 seasons together, made 4 GF and won 3 of them. Incredible 60% premiership strike rate. The only other halves that comes close is Sterlo and Kenny. 13 seasons together, made 5 GF and won 4. 31% premiership strike rate which is half of Mortimer and Lamb. Head to head in the years they played against each other its Mortimer/Lamb 3 GF wins- Sterlo/Kenny 1.
Most Talented: Steve Mortimer (13 seasons), Jonathan Davies (1 season) and Ben Barba (2012 only).
MVP: Steve Mortimer - our only player to lead us to 6 GF and win 4 of them. Best player I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fastest - Brett Dallas
Toughest - Jason Hetherington
Most Talented - SBW
MVP - Terry Lamb

Slowest - Adam Perry
Weakest - Aaron Woods
Dumbest - SBW
Least talented - Michael Lichaa
LVP - Tony Williams
Hahahaha Slowest, weakest, LVP etc Hahahaha excellent.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I had forgotten about Mannix
We’re both showing our age lol
You might be, I only saw highlights...
OK, I lie :-).
Max wasn’t around that long (1-2 years) but
I remember watching him on the hill at Belmore as a young fella and damn he was quick. I was there the day he dropped the ball over the line...

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Fastest - Ben Barba
Toughest - Mark O'mearly / Peter Kelly / David Gillespe /Chris Mortimer
Most Talented - Steve Mortimer
MVP - Terry Lamb
View attachment 17291View attachment 17282View attachment 17289View attachment 17287View attachment 17288View attachment 17283View attachment 17293View attachment 17284
Hi Blue & White Blood.

Hard to disagree with your list.

I haven't posted for a while because season 2020 has given me the sh!ts big time, but I wanted to commend you on your footy card collection. I can see you are a fan from a long way back. I have several of the same cards myself!

Re Peter Kelly being tough, a mate sneaked me into the 1986 ANZAC Day game Dogs v Souths at the SCG. We were sitting right next to the tunnel and Kelly coat hangered some guy in the first tackle. He got sent off and he came right past us as he walked off. He had the craziest eyes like he would have killed you if you said a word to him. Opposition players didn't want to go near him.

Dogs played basically the whole game a man short and absolutely towelled Souths up that day. A unforgettable day all in all.

Cheers from RookieDog

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hi Blue & White Blood.

I haven't posted for a while because season 2020 has given me the sh!ts big time, but I wanted to commend you on your footy card collection. I can see you are a fan from a long way back. I have several of the same cards myself!

Re Peter Kelly being tough, a mate sneaked me into the 1986 ANZAC Day game Dogs v Souths at the SCG. We were sitting right next to the tunnel and Kelly coat hangered some guy in the first tackle. He got sent off and he came right past us as he walked off. He had the craziest eyes like he would have killed you if you said a word to him. Opposition players didn't want to go near him.

Dogs played basically the whole game a man short and absolutely towelled Souths up that day. A unforgettable day all in all.

Cheers from RookieDog
Spot on mate. Kels was as hard as nails.
Came from that Jets team with Tommy Raudonikis.
He was almost my pick for ‘toughest’ in this thread but I went with Cement for being tough and an overall better player in my view, but Kels should not be underrated, he was another along with Chris Mortimer I was disappointed to see leave Belmore to become a Chocolate Soldier in the late 80’s.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Blue & White Blood.

Cheers from RookieDog
Thanks Rookie dog for sharing that great memory with us. Yes Kelly with those scary snake eyes certainly was one very tough Ombre, who can forget that scrum in the 1985 GF when he hit Graham Wynn nearly knocked him out with one punch & we got the penalty which led to the wining Try.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fastest: Brett Dallas
Toughest: Mark O'Meley (could knock out opposing players even when running the ball) I remember a game when he took on the whole Warriors forward pack by himself virtually first game back from a broken jaw
Smartest: Phil Gould
Most Talented: Ben Barba / SBW
MVP: Terry Lamb (never saw him play a bad game)

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brett Dallas was fast
Turvey smartest
MVP lamb
Toughest hard one Gillespie Britt folkes robbo Peter Kelly to name a few

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember watching him on the hill at Belmore as a young fella and damn he was quick. I was there the day he dropped the ball over the line...
I remember watching that game on TV as a kid, what year was that?

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats why he was fast he had 4 feet!