'Simmering tensions': Bulldogs players' group unhappy after club tells departing stars to 'clean out their lockers'

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And that’s all you’ve got left.
When you’ve been proven wrong AGAIN you resort to ‘jackals’ and other nonsense. I have no intention of joining the new forum Wendy so go hang out there where it’s all roses and sunshine :-).
Settle down. Stop worrying about what other posters may or may not be doing. There's lots of other sites.

Stick to the subject.

You are getting tired and emotional and irrational.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry mate but if you know Tols you’d know he’s one of the nicest, most humble blokes there is and he simply wouldn’t do that. He’s very grateful for his 10 years at the Dogs and simply doesn’t want to retire yet but accepts reality that the club needs to move on to the next generation. Don’t let your dislike of the player colour your opinion of the man.
You are right I don't know the guy at all, I'm making my assessment of bits and pieces that I've seen. Just because you've spoken with or liaised with him on occasions, does not mean you know the guy either... Granted you may know him better than I, but I've been fooled by "nice guys" in the past as I'm sure everyone has.. no one really knows a person unless they are in ones life..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We are not discussing Weidler being a"useless know it all fuckface", thats a given.

And I am not trying to be shit stirrer (although I do enjoy that past time), but are you saying you dont think Price said anything or you dont think it was poor timing on his behalf considering we were playing the competition favorites the week after handing Soufs their own ass..?
Mate who cares if he told them to ‘clean out their locker’ - which I bet was delivered differently anyway. He’s got a job to do. Why is everyone so offended by this? If he had’ve said ‘Happy to see you go, you didn’t earn your coin here and I can’t see any other club signing you’ - THEN there might be a legitimate gripe - and of course there’s no evidence of that. That’s the problem with society today - they read something on the internet and of course it MUST be true...

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We hardly have anyone worth keeping so who cares let them have a cry and go for all I care.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You are right I don't know the guy at all, I'm making my assessment of bits and pieces that I've seen. Just because you've spoken with or liaised with him on occasions, does not mean you know the guy either... Granted you may know him better than I, but I've been fooled by "nice guys" in the past as I'm sure everyone has.. no one really knows a person unless they are in ones life..
Sorry you’re turning it into something it’s not.
We can leave it there.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest I suppose I am referring to our constant ability to bring attention to ourselves for the wrong reasons, and because of this morons like Weidler and Drunkfield have numerous precedents (which they roll out on cue like the Mad Monday story),which they can refer to when putting the boot into us.

Only we can stop that, starting with the Club Management getting its house in order and playing happy family's for real and then making a concerted effort to address our poor media management and communication with fans and sponsors.

And only Canterbury as a club can put an end to the shit we constantly cop.
Probably coming at it from slightly different angles but the take home message is the same, at now more than anytime in the clubs history we need strong,decisive,unified leadership and we have anything but.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Awww the little babies got their feelings hurt... I’m glad he told them again after the loss as some of the trash can finally fuck off for good

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Not individually elected. Elected with the rest when they used their dirty tactics to oust the last board.
I am sticking to the facts. Is he an ER expert? A lawyer? No. So he has no right to tell players to clear out their lockers. It has nothing to do with him. You can say this is a gee up and media hype but it’s very consistent with everything I’ve ever heard about Price.
Dirty tactics? Please.
They took 6 of 7 seats comfortably.
Who cares whether he’s a lawyer or ER/IR expert - if that was a pre-requisite for the role that’s who would’ve been hired. It’s not.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Price lol
Beast lol
Mate who cares if he told them to ‘clean out their locker’ - which I bet was delivered differently anyway. He’s got a job to do. Why is everyone so offended by this? If he had’ve said ‘Happy to see you go, you didn’t earn your coin here and I can’t see any other club signing you’ - THEN there might be a legitimate gripe - and of course there’s no evidence of that. That’s the problem with society today - they read something on the internet and of course it MUST be true...
Nah mate, you missed what I was referring to. Firstly I am not offended at all just discussing a point which is that Price has chewed on his own foot before so its not "unbelievable" that he said something again. My point is if he did his timing is fucking lousy..

You dont motivate teams by reminding half of them to remember to clear their lockers out on the eve of playing the possible premiers for 2020 and a week after smashing Souths. You are right that he has a job to do, which also makes him accountable, doesn't it?

tomisbester

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dirty tactics? Please.
They took 6 of 7 seats comfortably.
Who cares whether he’s a lawyer or ER/IR expert - if that was a pre-requisite for the role that’s who would’ve been hired. It’s not.
I understand that it’s not. But in order to do the role effectively it needs to be, that’s what I’m saying. The club puts somebody with Prices arrogance and complete lack of experience into a role important as that then it’s a recipient for disaster. It is his arrogance and complete irreverence to 1- the importance of his role and 2- the importance of the ongoing support and welfare of employees (players) that makes him terrible in any administrative role. It happens at every club but he is one very bad example of somebody who never ever should have a role like this. Bring on the EGM.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry you’re turning it into something it’s not.
We can leave it there.
No I'm not really.. you claimed to know someone and more than likely made that assessment from a front that he is paid to put on.. all I'm saying just because you may have had pleasant encounters with someone doesn't mean you know them.

Priests are meant to be pillars of society and put up amazing fronts... Just saying...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Beast lol

Nah mate, you missed what I was referring to. Firstly I am not offended at all just discussing a point which is that Price has chewed on his own foot before so its not "unbelievable" that he said something again. My point is if he did his timing is fucking lousy..

You dont motivate teams by reminding half of them to remember to clear their lockers out on the eve of playing the possible premiers for 2020 and a week after smashing Souths. You are right that he has a job to do, which also makes him accountable, doesn't it?
Agree to disagree Baz. All good mate.
And despite what people say about you, I think you’re OK :-).

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you expect? There's no Mad Monday antics to report so if they don't piss in the troph corrctly let's report that instead.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No I'm not really.. you claimed to know someone and more than likely made that assessment from a front that he is paid to put on.. all I'm saying just because you may have had pleasant encounters with someone doesn't mean you know them.

Priests are meant to be pillars of society and put up amazing fronts... Just saying...
We’ve gone from Tolman to a priest? OK :-).

Last edited:

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I guess they were hoping for a hamper and to have their hands held on their way out. This is a total non-story - 8 players were off contract, 1 has retired, the other is off to Manly and the other 6 weren't offered contracts at 15 other clubs along with the Bulldogs (Or anyone at the ESL for that matter). Danny Widler is pissed off that we did some charity work on Monday and couldn't continue to sink the boot in so came out with this puff piece.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We’ve gone to Tolman to a priest? OK :-).
Yes because I'm making an example of face values.. you discredited my opinion of tolman because he's been nice to you at fan days... I think it's a great comparison... All I'm saying is that I may be wrong, but you are just as likely of being wrong in your assessment of tolman...