News I don't want you Barrett bombshell bulldogs snub

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree. But just who do they have in mind to replace him? Just cannot find a suitable replacement at the moment.
Maybe one in the UK. With AFB gone from Manly, he would be a good replacement for them.
Seems AFB is another pangai.. were up shit creek in front row I reckon.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett must have someone lined up unless we are planning on playing Jackson in the middle. Maybe he is happy with Napa, Thompson, Ogden, Elliot, Jackson and toomaga as our middle forwards?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Tolman is so valuable, where are all the offers from rival clubs? That's probably why his manager felt the need to speak to the media again and rehash the article that was already published a while back..if Des doesn't sign him, no one will
Fact is he was on the market as at 1 November last year and he's still unsigned, goes to show other clubs just aren't interested in this style of player.

I get that he has his positives and he's been at the club for a long time. Every team needs reliable workhorses which do a basic job, issue is we just have too many who fit that mould.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
As others said great career for a average footy player.

Don’t mean to be harsh. I have been wishing him gone for years. Though dude has a huge heart, motor, fitness but fuck me he is just not nrl prop anymore. The game evolved past him and his type.

He played outstanding for us last week and clearly was fired up for the bunnies game for Jackson’s 200th no doubt but I’m glad his time with us is up. Not to
Mention he is likely on 600k+ it’s just scary to really think of that.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Barrett must have someone lined up unless we are planning on playing Jackson in the middle. Maybe he is happy with Napa, Thompson, Ogden, Elliot, Jackson and toomaga as our middle forwards?
Could also be players in mind for 22 and he thinks he just needs to make do with who he has next year. Signing Tolman for even another year will tie up money and you never know who hits the market in the preseason or during next season.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
As much as we rip into him for frustrating the shit out of us, I don't really hate the bloke. His effort and attitude cannot be questioned, unlike many other flops we've had over the years.

Sorry Tolman but the game has surpassed you in terms of power, skill and athleticism.
Thanks for your services and the best of luck.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
fan favourite lol ok
Any player that's laced up the boots for the NRL will have generated at least a few people who regard them as their favorites. Including guys like Lichaa, Montoya, Holland, Ben Czislowski, Chrighton etc. People don't all have the same criteria for selection of their favorites. I've personally got a huge amount of respect for Tolman. I don't have a particular favourite player right now. But Tolman is among my group of favourites. I'll be sad to see him go if we don't retain him. He's one of the few players that has never let the side down because he's had a lazy day.

Malla

Reaction score
Any player that's laced up the boots for the NRL will have generated at least a few people who regard them as their favorites. Including guys like Lichaa, Montoya, Holland, Ben Czislowski, Chrighton etc. People don't all have the same criteria for selection of their favorites. I've personally got a huge amount of respect for Tolman. I don't have a particular favourite player right now. But Tolman is among my group of favourites. I'll be sad to see him go if we don't retain him. He's one of the few players that has never let the side down because he's had a lazy day.
So every player in the NRL is a fan favourite?

Ok

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Tolman isn't in some tiny group of forwards that runs the ball on the forth tackle. It's a frequent thing for forwards to do. But as is often the case, once enough people criticise a player for something here it gets ridiculously exaggerated.

Tolman isn't a monster forward. He's a workhorse and a bloody good one. All this crap about him padding his stats is rubbish. He's a workhorse and will frequently take more runs than lazier players.

While he's not the most exciting player, I will miss having him at the club if he's actually moving on. There are more exciting players we might get, but he's ultra reliable, durable and at times we might miss that.
Outstanding post mate.

Those who claim he’s a ‘stat padder’ have no clue about the game. Tolman’s all about effort and that is something to be admired. Do the same people who complain about him turning up in attack also complain about him always turning up to make a try saving tackle in cover defence or clean up a kick in goal as he has on so many occasions?

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Heart and Desire are things you can’t coach and Tolman isn’t lacking either of these things.
Nobody could say he doesn’t give 110% every moment he is on the field in that blue and white jersey, though sometimes those two things actually bring him undone. Unfortunately his impact and skill set is lacking for a prop in this day and age. Thanks for your service Tolman but it’s time to move on.
I hope who ever replaces him has that Heart, Desire and passion that Tolman possesses.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Outstanding post mate.

Those who claim he’s a ‘stat padder’ have no clue about the game. Tolman’s all about effort and that is something to be admired. Do the same people who complain about him turning up in attack also complain about him always turning up to make a try saving tackle in cover defence or clean up a kick in goal as he has on so many occasions?
Like I said, he did a lot of that clean up stuff that we will miss LAST year, he has not been doing it this season.
I would never criticise his effort, but the fact that he just has no impact in the modern game and no one can deny he gets in the way and kills momentum. If you don't think he does, then you just don't get league or you dont watch our games enough.
Outstanding clubman and I thank him for that but I am not so upset if his time is now up.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Barrett and the club actually communicated with Tolman with anything like the tone of this article it would be a severely bad day for the club, and I highly doubt they did. Junk journalism at its junkiest.

Tolman deserves to leave our club in a respectful and honoured manner. Not many have pulled on the blue and white as much as he has, and he has consistently worked hard for his team mates game in game out. I'm included in the fans who have a joke about Tolman and the fourth, but I'm only going to joke about it, the vitriol some have for Tolman is daft. As has been said many times on here, if they didn't want it to happen the coach and the halves could change that play. In fact only in the most recent game if you watch Tolman's hitups you will see several times when a teammate is drifting sideways and just hands it off to Tolman when he was back on his heels expecting the play to go elsewhere. He ran it up each time anyway. Something perhaps not pointed out so much is that every team has a middle forward or two whose play the ball they run their plays off of, the half shovels it to them to do a hit up while organising the next play. So when Tolman is gone the likelihood is there will be someone to take his place in doing a hitup and dropping quick in order to try and get a fast play the ball. It is clear that this has been one of his roles in the team, and him going isn't going to remove the need for a forward to run a hitup while the team organises.

In terms of defense, Tolman covers a lot of ground, he has been a key part of our scramble defense, he turns up at places where Ogden and Renouf simply don't. Thompson showed a bit of that against the Buns, so hopefully he can step up that part of his game, but I hope we don't end up missing Tolman's work in defense too much in the next few seasons.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should replace him with Welch. Would be a massive upgrade for us