Sponsor

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They would have had a monetary value in mind including this season and probably got pretty close to that by upping the total value per annum whilst offering this year as a "freebie".

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So making money is better than losing money, thanks scoop, if only it was that simple.

So if us making a "profit" comes at the cost of us investing money back into the club are you okay with that? Because that is what has happened.
Firstly your original reply to me was 'who cares if we made a profit' so for you it must be a scoop.

Secondly how are making a profit and investing it properly mutually exclusive? Again no proof from you just a statement.

And how am I ok with that? Again just assuming what I think to advance a ridiculous argument to push your own bias by making sh!t up.

I won't hold my breath for your next reply because it will just be another monologue with no evidence, just more written diarrhea.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Firstly your original reply to me was 'who cares if we made a profit' so for you it must be a scoop.

Secondly how are making a profit and investing it properly mutually exclusive? Again no proof from you just a statement.

And how am I ok with that? Again just assuming what I think to advance a ridiculous argument to push your own bias by making sh!t up.

I won't hold my breath for your next reply because it will just be another monologue with no evidence, just more written diarrhea.
Oh God, bless your soul.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without making a profit (whether a grant from the Leagues Club grant is involved or not) the club just wouldn't exist.

In a year where the Leagues club has been forced to be shut, the Football Club making a profit has been more important than ever.

That is not spin. It is the realities of existing in a free market economy.

Glad you aren't letting your prejudices against the board get in the way of the truth.
It’s political spin, bullshit for want of a better term. The business is RUGBY LEAGUE, with the objective being to improve on performance from year to year.
Is it my prejudice that we are running last in 2020 after finishing 12th in 2019 & 2018?

Is it my perception that in April 2019 this administration extended Pay’s contract for 12mths only to sack him mid season 2020 (which in itself was disgraceful management)why? Because they couldn’t attract a credible candidate.

Is it also just my perception that the Club is more fractured & acrimonious than when, in February 2018 Lynne post election victory claimed “ what happened there is gone, we ALL come together now”.

The majority of true Bulldogs supporters couldn’t give a flying f***k about the Football Club profit & would gladly & justly focus on on-field performance.
The Football Club returning a profit seems pertinent only to a select few. I would rather the focus be a formidable Bulldogs NRL team instead and that success be replicated to the lower grades.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s political spin, bullshit for want of a better term. The business is RUGBY LEAGUE, with the objective being to improve on performance from year to year.
Is it my prejudice that we are running last in 2020 after finishing 12th in 2019 & 2018?

Is it my perception that in April 2019 this administration extended Pay’s contract for 12mths only to sack him mid season 2020 (which in itself was disgraceful management)why? Because they couldn’t attract a credible candidate.

Is it also just my perception that the Club is more fractured & acrimonious than when, in February 2018 Lynne post election victory claimed “ what happened there is gone, we ALL come together now”.

The majority of true Bulldogs supporters couldn’t give a flying f***k about the Football Club profit & would gladly & justly focus on on-field performance.
The Football Club returning a profit seems pertinent only to a select few. I would rather the focus be a formidable Bulldogs NRL team instead and that success be replicated to the lower grades.
Actually you are almost right.

It is a business. Money comes first in any business. 2nd priority is rugby league.

Without money the club would not exist to create a rugby league team. Ask Uncle Nick and the hundreds of millions he has poured into the Roosters to make them a success.

Ask the Magpies or the Steelers how they fared when they didn't have money. What about Newtown or North Sydney. I am sure they were all saying money doesn't matter we need to concentrate on our team. Profit is GOD in a free market economy.

I agree with you on Pay. As for the club being fractured I am now far enough removed from the club to not know what goes on behind closed doors.

The portrayal in the papers is that we are very fractured. What also seems to be causing the fracture is the remnants of the old board trying to regain power with Coorey and his mates sticking the sword in for personal gain. How the board deals with it will go a long way to deciding the future not only of the current board but also of the club.

I have written many times on this forum that I have not made up my mind on this board as yet.

What I do know is that when they were elected they said it would take 4 years to clean up the mess left behind. Well those 4 years are up next year. Then I will decide if they have failed or not.

How they deal with the team performance is a part of it. How they deal with this insurrection is another. Financial matters, recruitment & retention and public perception will all play a part in whether they will win the Feb 2020 election.

If they don't get it together then I will be more than happy to see the back of the failures.

If they succeed then happy days and we can all go back to toasting our success.

Last edited:

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Did anyone hear Mason on his podcast talk about what a shit go it was having no money come in for jersey sponsor this year was basically mates looking after mates. He knows of the plans to change the leadership and would be a good thing..is mason on something or just the new Elias talks like a punch drunk boxer

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He wasn’t sacked, he walked when told they would talk to other coaches for 2021, which based on the results this year what else would you expect them to do? He was smart enough to realise his contract would unlikely be renewed and walked. They gave him every chance to succeed (granted with a below average squad). He didn’t. What do you mean they couldn’t attract a suitable candidate? It took two weeks after Pay walked to have Barrett signed!
The majority of true Bulldogs supporters couldn’t give a flying f***k about the Football Club profit & would gladly & justly focus on on-field performance. The Football Club returning a profit seems pertinent only to a select few. I would rather the focus be a formidable Bulldogs NRL team instead and that success be replicated to the lower grades.
Yes, and why do you think partnerships with Mounties and the Laundy’s are crucial? To ensure the footy club can operate more independently of the league club and allow a strengthening of pathways to the Bulldogs NRL team with strong, profitable partners. You’re right, the average punter cares more about the on-field results but the club that fields the NRL team must be strong to allow this to happen without relying on handouts from its traditional yet politically fraught partner.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wasn’t sacked, he walked when told they would talk to other coaches for 2021, which based on the results this year what else would you expect them to do? He was smart enough to realise his contract would unlikely be renewed and walked. They gave him every chance to succeed (granted with a below average squad). He didn’t. What do you mean they couldn’t attract a suitable candidate? It took two weeks after Pay walked to have Barrett signed!

Yes, and why do you think partnerships with Mounties and the Laundy’s are crucial? To ensure the footy club can operate more independently of the league club and allow a strengthening of pathways to the Bulldogs NRL team with strong, profitable partners. You’re right, the average punter cares more about the on-field results but the club that fields the NRL team must be strong to allow this to happen without relying on handouts from its traditional yet politically fraught partner.
Not sacked?
Dean Pay has paid the price for Canterbury's poor recent form, with the club confirming he will step down as coach effective immediately.
With the Bulldogs languishing in last spot on the ladder with just one win from nine matches, the club has made the decision to move on from the 51-year-old.

The current situation between the 2 Boards is all the FC Chair’s making!
“Reap what you sow”
Quit the political spin & bullshit, you’re losing credibility & objectivity by the defending & attempting to rationalise incompetence & clumsy leadership...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Not sacked?
Dean Pay has paid the price for Canterbury's poor recent form, with the club confirming he will step down as coach effective immediately.
With the Bulldogs languishing in last spot on the ladder with just one win from nine matches, the club has made the decision to move on from the 51-year-old.

The current situation between the 2 Boards is all the FC Chair’s making!
“Reap what you sow”
Quit the political spin & bullshit, you’re losing credibility & objectivity by the defending & attempting to rationalise incompetence & clumsy leadership...
Quoting media is all you have?
‘Step down’ does not equal sacked.
‘Club moving on’ - because they told him they would talk to other coaches. Hill gave and kept his word - ask either of them.
And mate - you’re hardly in a position to suggest others are losing objectivity when you’ve never had it with the current directors.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quoting media is all you have?
‘Step down’ does not equal sacked.
‘Club moving on’ - because they told him they would talk to other coaches. Hill gave and kept his word - ask either of them.
And mate - you’re hardly in a position to suggest others are losing objectivity when you’ve never had it with the current directors.
As for the Pay saga, sacked or stepped down; regardless of how youreyselling it was poorly handled & communicated ultimately by the Chair. Yet another rung down the ladder of incompetence.
I’m not the one defending the indefensible, I’m not criticising the board collectively but there are a couple that just aren’t cutting it & you know it. Defending “them” doesn’t get you rewards..Nor is it of benefit to my Club, the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
As for the Pay saga, sacked or stepped down; regardless of how youreyselling it was poorly handled & communicated ultimately by the Chair. Yet another rung down the ladder of incompetence.
I’m not the one defending the indefensible, I’m not criticising the board collectively but there are a couple that just aren’t cutting it & you know it. Defending “them” doesn’t get you rewards..Nor is it of benefit to my Club, the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.
The Chair and Dean are personal friends, yet you’re suggesting there was no communication regarding his exit. Wrong. I’m not ‘defending the indefensible’ at all. You’re simply making unfounded accusations of ‘incompetence’ for whatever reason you feel necessary. We’re never going to agree so we can leave it there. Let’s see if this agitation results in anything - for now I’m not convinced. Cheers.

The Big Issue

Waterboy
Reaction score
View attachment 16856
This board is just beyond belief... I can understand we are living in tough times but I think alot of these signings etc are to save

Was anyone else going to sponsor us this season ????
This guy is handing over half a million when he doesn’t have to. What’s the benefit to him ?

Might as well let next years sponsor in on remaining 6 rounds (when it was announced). It’s not like we lost money coz no one else was going to sponsor us this year and let’s be honest Rasheys was looking for an out when the shit happened with CHN and okenbur. Yet we don’t rip into Rasheys who abandon us we rip into the guy who had put into our club when times are tough . Good on him I say

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have no issue with zero money for this year but only 500k a year going forward is a rort
From one of the richest sponsorship deals in the NRL to this...lol

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
View attachment 16856
This board is just beyond belief... I can understand we are living in tough times but I think alot of these signings etc are to save face!
Who gives a rats arse about this year? I don't. We could very well get the spoon. Give the hotel the sponsorship for this year free, then next year the big bucks start rolling in:

(A) It's better than having a big white space on our jersey
(B) It's good for business
(C) At least we have a sponsor setup for next year.

What's the big deal if we're not getting money for half a dozen games this year from them?

What did we lose from this?

NOTHING!