Official Round 18 - Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Discussion Thread

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I know Joey johns is a bit of a tosser but he did say when averillo partnered Wakeham in the halves earlier this year against the cowboys they actually combined well and looked good .
I didn't watch the game but recently just saw the highlights didn't show much .it did have DWZ dropping the easiest ball then getting 10 in the bin.what happen to this guy he was a breath of fresh air last year.absolutely terrible this year.wont catch anything, plays the ball backwards.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It defies belief that he is persisting with Hoppa at fullback.

I think its his best position but we have struggled din the centres all year and he is a decent centre. Surely the best move for the team is Hoppa to centre and Meaney back to fullback. DWZ on the wing.
I agree. There is a distinct lack of speed at the back. I would prefer DWZ at the back.
I know he makes some mistakes, but he is better than the incumbent.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tom Turbo expected to be back for Manly. I have a feeling that this game will be the biggest loss of the season..

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently one of our changes is going to be Wakeham on, Averillo centre, DWZ to wing and Okunbor to prop..
Who was the last team who had a winger sub on at prop without mass injuries hahaha

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched Avo play 6 in CC this year and he didn't get any ball because Cogger got 95% of it. I don't know if that was by design or whether Cogger was overruling him but he hardly touched the ball. In the limited time he played at 6 on the weekend the same thing happened with Lewis (who is even more of a hog).

Avo needs to grow some balls and find his big boy voice and tell the prince to get his fucking hands off the ball. The only people that want to see Lewis hog the ball again are Manly fans and Broncos fans - because if he does we will lose. The more Avo touches the ball the more likely we'll be to do something in attack

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It defies belief that he is persisting with Hoppa at fullback.

I think its his best position but we have struggled din the centres all year and he is a decent centre. Surely the best move for the team is Hoppa to centre and Meaney back to fullback. DWZ on the wing.
Meaney can't do any hard yards. So he stays on the wing.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
At least Montoya and Holland were finally dropped. Hoppa should be in the centres though with Reimis on the wing and Meaney at fullback..

I hope Okunbur shows us something. And I'd love to see Averillo have a good game in the halves but he'll have to go looking for the ball and be vocal as Lewis will be dominating the touches.
Spot on once again everyone knows it except sg

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Making drastic changes every week gives no time for combinations to build, hope it works because nothing else has.
Focus on defense fuck everything else.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom Turbo expected to be back for Manly. I have a feeling that this game will be the biggest loss of the season..
He’s not playing this week and hasn’t been named. The Turbo on the bench is the younger brother Ben

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read an article in the Telegraph a few weeks back when Hoppa was returning from injury. In that article Hoppa was quoted as saying he prefers to play FB and wants to continue in that role. So it’s pointless saying he should be in the centre’s when he’s said he has referees playing FB and to be honest he hasn’t done anything to say he should be declared playing in another position. So we can put to bed who’s are long term FB if he remains injury free.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom Turbo back? I saw a report the other night he was gone for the year. Biggest comeback since Lazarus and no I’m not talking about the brick with eyes.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom Turbo back? I saw a report the other night he was gone for the year. Biggest comeback since Lazarus and no I’m not talking about the brick with eyes.
As said prior not named in 21 so can’t play

Back next week

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney can't do any hard yards. So he stays on the wing.
It’s harder to make yards on the wing because they box you in. He gets dominated heaps more on the wing coming out of trouble than he did at fullback

It’s fullback or not in side

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey at least he’s trying something different there’s a chance we could score a try maybe maybe not
This backline could score 3-4 trys but could easily let in 8 or 9 trys.
It's a lose lose every week

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Joey johns is a bit of a tosser but he did say when averillo partnered Wakeham in the halves earlier this year against the cowboys they actually combined well and looked good .
I didn't watch the game but recently just saw the highlights didn't show much .it did have DWZ dropping the easiest ball then getting 10 in the bin.what happen to this guy he was a breath of fresh air last year.absolutely terrible this year.wont catch anything, plays the ball backwards.
We actually looked like we had a clue in attack when Lewis got hooked and Averillo and Wakeham combined.

Unfortunately, like every good combination in our team, it wasn’t developed further.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avo doesn't have a good passing game from what I've seen. He better just focus on his running game and support play. Would love to see someone step up and be that Terry Lamb type player that is always on the ball and supporting players. Its non existent in this team. Meaney to FB, and hoppa to centre and Smith to the wing so dwz doesn't have to deal with bombs, and this is the best we can do with the cattle we have.
I think Avo has got a good passing game it’s just a little too sharp for the current support players