Official Round 18 - Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Discussion Thread

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe it's nearly the end of the season and we still can't get combinations or selections correct or consistent.

Surely it's not just us who can see it should be
1. Meaney
2. Reimis
3. Hoppa
4. Dwz
5. Knockonbur
6. Avo

I know dwz is no centre but I actually think reimis is even worse as a centre.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So we have:

1. Centre
2. Fullback
3. Winger
4. Winger
5. Winger

1 player in our backline is playing in their best position.

Also, interesting to see Tui Katoa named as a reserve.
This is my only gripe because the fact is our squad is shit. Play players to the strenghs by playing them in their natual positions. Just once....

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Better line overall to last week except for Foan missing. Lafai must be in SG badbooks

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reimis and DWZ in the centres, YUCK.
Wakeham on the bench, YUCK.
Better then Montoya and Holland wouldnt you agree? Where else in the backline would okunbour and Meaney play? I guess Hoppa could move to centre. That might even be better.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So we have:

1. Centre
2. Fullback
3. Winger
4. Winger
5. Winger

1 player in our backline is playing in their best position.

Also, interesting to see Tui Katoa named as a reserve.
Exactly, plus it doesn't help when we are chopping and changing every week so players aern't even getting any type of consistency in their quasi-position.

When was it decided that Reimis Smith & Montoya were centres??? I understand that we are currently lacking first grade quality centres but then it begs the question of why let go of Morgan Harper then? (Who is certain to have a blinder against us). But I guess it's okay cause we're signing another winger next year to play centre.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Avo doesn't have a good passing game from what I've seen. He better just focus on his running game and support play. Would love to see someone step up and be that Terry Lamb type player that is always on the ball and supporting players. Its non existent in this team. Meaney to FB, and hoppa to centre and Smith to the wing so dwz doesn't have to deal with bombs, and this is the best we can do with the cattle we have.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Better line overall to last week except for Foan missing. Lafai must be in SG badbooks
Usually coach favs get picked at the Bulldogs no matter what so I guess that proves the coaches had no say in buying Laf?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avo doesn't have a good passing game from what I've seen. He better just focus on his running game and support play. Would love to see someone step up and be that Terry Lamb always on the ball and supporting players. Its non existent in this team. Meaney to FB, and hoppa to centre and Smith to the wing so dwz doesn't have to deal with bombs, and this is the best we can do with the cattle we have.
It defies belief that he is persisting with Hoppa at fullback.

I think its his best position but we have struggled din the centres all year and he is a decent centre. Surely the best move for the team is Hoppa to centre and Meaney back to fullback. DWZ on the wing.

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Off-subject, but love your avatar. Gary Dowling was my first Bulldog (or Berries) hero as a young bloke. I remember running on after a win against Parra and touching his jersey. Felt like I was touching Thor. He left too soon as we know, but great memories.
I remember doing the same with the great Les Johns. I still remember it like it was yesterday.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Montoya and Holland is addition via subtraction.
I dont like bagging Montoya because he tries hard but last week done my head in. 2 weeks ago Jamil Fogarty got ran down by a front rower. Last week Fogarty ran straight around Montoya. And that was after Holland had dropped a sitter on the first tackle. Everyone on here knew that having those 2 in the centres would cost us the game.

And it did.