Kerrod Holland to quit NRL

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to Kerrod on playing the game in the toughest league in the world. He always gave his best & sure, he made his share of mistakes, but which player hasn’t? Easy to say you never made a mistake, but that just means you never tried or took risks. Good luck to him in the future, he has been a credit to himself, his family & this club. Of course the
knockers will come out & bag him. But then, they have probably never laced on a boot at NRL level.
Well said Jordzilla. All the best in your future endeavours Kerrod thanks for your services.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Welfare check for @Nasheed
Nasheed here,

I'll make a statement shortly on this.

I'm just gathering my thoughts at the moment. The last few hours have been a bit of a whirlwind.

At the moment, everything is numb. Yes this could be the meth, but at the moment I feel like I have received a punch to the gut, with the pain, but without the pain. Hard to say.
The many emotions that have gone t he high my mind the last hour alone feel like a hailstorm of pain and confusion. There are some predictable emotions, such as sadness, anger, panic, betrayal or a sense of loss.
Yet, in the array of feelings that hit so hard, there are some emotions that I just never expected to feel.
Hope;
There is a sense of hope knowing that if he impresses in his farewell games, there is still a chance for us, for him, for me, for al of us. Kerrod May change his mind. Barrett May reach out with an olive branch. On a less satisfactory level, there is a strong chance that Newcastle hold the hand of opportunity and make room for him.
Acceptance;
Regardless of his career, unless you're Cameron Smith, you always know the end would come some day.
Yes we all thought that he would be going in until around 34 years of age, but I always knew he had dreams of going to England to play. The culture, the vineyards of south France, the grapes of Georgia, triple distilled Vodka of Kyiv, mountains of Switzerland, castles of Luxembourg. All that.
Basically, when I think about it, he only really had one 3 year contract in him at age 28 anyway.
We forget he debuted as a mature age student. Despite his youthful looks, blue eyes and smile, and also gameplay on the field, we do forget at times he's already much older than the NRL rugby player.

Spite;
I just can't help but feel like the Club has just scored an own goal here. I feel like they sort of deserve to be in the hole they are in at the moment. I'm kind of laughing at the thought of the spoon.
I just don't understand why a match winning player, capable of sparking attack from nothing, as we have seen MANY times, was passed around like a Burwood slut from side to side and position to position. Dropped one day, pop up at hooker the next, then to wing, left centre, right centre. You name it. We needed attack. We needed points. All we had to do is let Kerrod settle in either his right side centre or preferred Fullback position, and we would have been fine.
I mean, He HAD his breakout season, 2018. When he led the NRL for line breaks, one of the most potent try scorers and assists compared to matches played. He still remains the most profilic try scorer in the club sort from Reimis in terms of matches player even now.
We had our rockstar, our saviour, our spark in the night, our Orifin and Australian rep, and we ruined him! Beat the life out of him. I shouldn't say 'we', because that would imply us fans helped, but we always knew who he was, it was the club. The stupid club. They tried to do it to Cook, Finucane and a few others, and they have Finished it with Holland. Took him in, cheque's hin up and spat him out, kept him as a caterpillar in the egg thing instead of letting him fly like the butterfly he is.
Even with that, we would still seee glimpses of the natural brilliance. Just look at the Canberra try 3 days ago.
I don't think he's a Dufty, Matt Cooper or Josh Morris level defender by all means, and he has had defensive lapses, but remember he has been outraged best defensive centre this year.

It's just all BS, it's surreal. Why does our club do this? Why the self hatred? I am not a particularly a big Kerrod Holland fan personally but I just don't get it. It didn't need to be this way.

It's just not fair. What a shitty bday present. Nasheed.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

I'm just gathering my thoughts at the moment. The last few hours have been a bit of a whirlwind.

At the moment, everything is numb. Yes this could be the meth, but at the moment I feel like I have received a punch to the gut, with the pain, but without the pain. Hard to say.
The many emotions that have gone t he high my mind the last hour alone feel like a hailstorm of pain and confusion. There are some predictable emotions, such as sadness, anger, panic, betrayal or a sense of loss.
Yet, in the array of feelings that hit so hard, there are some emotions that I just never expected to feel.
Hope;
There is a sense of hope knowing that if he impresses in his farewell games, there is still a chance for us, for him, for me, for al of us. Kerrod May change his mind. Barrett May reach out with an olive branch. On a less satisfactory level, there is a strong chance that Newcastle hold the hand of opportunity and make room for him.
Acceptance;
Regardless of his career, unless you're Cameron Smith, you always know the end would come some day.
Yes we all thought that he would be going in until around 34 years of age, but I always knew he had dreams of going to England to play. The culture, the vineyards of south France, the grapes of Georgia, triple distilled Vodka of Kyiv, mountains of Switzerland, castles of Luxembourg. All that.
Basically, when I think about it, he only really had one 3 year contract in him at age 28 anyway.
We forget he debuted as a mature age student. Despite his youthful looks, blue eyes and smile, and also gameplay on the field, we do forget at times he's already much older than the NRL rugby player.

Spite;
I just can't help but feel like the Club has just scored an own goal here. I feel like they sort of deserve to be in the hole they are in at the moment. I'm kind of laughing at the thought of the spoon.
I just don't understand why a match winning player, capable of sparking attack from nothing, as we have seen MANY times, was passed around like a Burwood slut from side to side and position to position. Dropped one day, pop up at hooker the next, then to wing, left centre, right centre. You name it. We needed attack. We needed points. All we had to do is let Kerrod settle in either his right side centre or preferred Fullback position, and we would have been fine.
I mean, He HAD his breakout season, 2018. When he led the NRL for line breaks, one of the most potent try scorers and assists compared to matches played. He still remains the most profilic try scorer in the club sort from Reimis in terms of matches player even now.
We had our rockstar, our saviour, our spark in the night, our Orifin and Australian rep, and we ruined him! Beat the life out of him. I shouldn't say 'we', because that would imply us fans helped, but we always knew who he was, it was the club. The stupid club. They tried to do it to Cook, Finucane and a few others, and they have Finished it with Holland. Took him in, cheque's hin up and spat him out, kept him as a caterpillar in the egg thing instead of letting him fly like the butterfly he is.
Even with that, we would still seee glimpses of the natural brilliance. Just look at the Canberra try 3 days ago.
I don't think he's a Dufty, Matt Cooper or Josh Morris level defender by all means, and he has had defensive lapses, but remember he has been outraged best defensive centre this year.

It's just all BS, it's surreal. Why does our club do this? Why the self hatred? I am not a particularly a big Kerrod Holland fan personally but I just don't get it. It didn't need to be this way.

Fuck, for a Souths troll you sure do put in a lot of effort in your posts. While I dont agree with most of them, especially this one, kudos for this post
Love the Burwood slut line....that was nice

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As much as he has played shit, he has busted his ass for us. Not his fault coaches keep.picking him. So thank you for your service and good luck in whatever he decides to do...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So we swapped out Holland for Cotric... Who are these stupid people running the club??

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very brave move by Holland to potentially cut 2 or 3 years off his footballing career.
In his defence he's clever to acknowledge that his potential future earnings in football would go south. From all reports he has looked at expanding his education and self development with speaking engagements and now this news of becoming an electrician.
He's young enough to start a new career path. He feels this is his calling.
Good luck to the guy. I found him to be a good back up player. Honest trier with occasional flashes of being exceptional. Sadly consistency was his enemy.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Very brave move by Holland to potentially cut 2 or 3 years off his footballing career.
In his defence he's clever to acknowledge that his potential future earnings in football would go south. From all reports he has looked at expanding his education and self development with speaking engagements and now this news of becoming an electrician.
He's young enough to start a new career path. He feels this is his calling.
Good luck to the guy. I found him to be a good back up player. Honest trier with occasional flashes of being exceptional. Sadly consistency was his enemy.
He actually doesn't want to be a sparky. If you listen to him he said he doesn't want to be one, just leverage of that trade somehow.
At that point I sensed sadness at how the club treated him after Des.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He actually doesn't want to be a sparky. If you listen to him he said he doesn't want to be one, just leverage of that trade somehow.
At that point I sensed sadness at how the club treated him after Des.
Bulldogs fan here: unfortunately he is a scapegoat for how shit this club has been! A it like you nasheed.....

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Hope;
Acceptance;

Spite;

You call Holland "our rockstar, our saviour", talk about him ad nauseam and then you say you're not a particularly a big Kerrod Holland fan? Next you'll say the Pope isn't Catholic.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
in all seriousness good on the bloke for the future. If it were me i'd be reminding my mates how i made it and played a stack of games
End of an era for a Bulldogs fan favourite - Channel 9
sign him on overs u reckon?