Official Round 17 - Bulldogs vs Titans - Discussion Thread

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Barrett doesn’t get us to a GF over the next 3 years we need look no further in signing Holbrook on as coach.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for this weekend it’s mind numbing after seeing the squad picked to meet the Titans. Obviously Georgallis doesn’t give a shit now he knows he has no future at the club. To name Montoya and Napa in the starting line up is proof of that. Furthermore he has Averillo, To’omaga, Thompson, Cogger, Smith and Lafai on the bench. Just deflating but I’ve already resigned myself in us getting the spoon this year. This year can’t end quick enough.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remove Lewis and tolman out of that side and I totally agree with you.
I agree, but I was demonstrating that even with them in the team, a better one can be chosen.

Ideally they’d never play first grade for us again.

Reactions: GDR

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We can only hope. I’d only wished we held off signing Barrett as soon as we did Holbrook was then signed to a long term deal with the Titans as his current contract was due to expire this year. He was a local back in his junior days having come through the Milpera Colts. Has been successful in the Super League with St Helens and his signing has seen some BIG name signings for next season, none moreso than David Fafita. Herman Ese’ese from the Knights has also signed with them on a 2 year deal along with ex Bulldog and Tigers winger/fullback in Corey Thompson. Know of some ex NRL players who were coached by Holbrook at St Helens say that he’s the best coach they’ve played under and one of those players won a NRL GF a few years back.
But yet our dumbass bored chose to keep Pay and not sign Holbrook when they had the chance. :rage::rage:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Georgalis can't be that poor on purpose could he?

Probably picking the team on the theory that ...
I'm gone anyway. Stuff em.

Give the players off contract, precedence.

We made roster suggestions and got ignored or overruled.... but I will highlight the crap roster that the Board gave Dean and me to work with by simply picking them.

It's obvious to anyone at all that a better combination could be picked that made more sense.

But no the Football Manager/Board (whoever) allow this unwanted unsigned, fill in Asst Coach to thoroughly run us down even further with inept selections.

Thats where we are :grinning: You gotta laugh.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But yet our dumbass bored chose to keep Pay and not sign Holbrook when they had the chance. :rage::rage:
How do you know that?? I'd say the Gold coast job offer was massive compared to the one coming out of Belmore..

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Georgalis can't be that poor on purpose could he?

Probably picking the team on the theory that ...
I'm gone anyway. Stuff em.

Give the players off contract, precedence.

We made roster suggestions and got ignored or overruled.... but I will highlight the crap roster that the Board gave Dean and me to work with by simply picking them.

It's obvious to anyone at all that a better combination could be picked that made more sense.

But no the Football Manager/Board (whoever) allow this unwanted unsigned, fill in Asst Coach to thoroughly run us down even further with inept selections.

Thats where we are :grinning: You gotta laugh.
yep my thoughts exactly. It defies belief that they, the club / board, can allow the incumbent coach to have his say on who is and isn’t going to be there in 2021 when he’s being paid as an assistant coach at another rival NRL club in Penrith. I understand the club had to make an announcement about its future by way of who was going to be coach next year and beyond but he should not be allowed to have had any say on the future of the Bulldogs until he had cut ties with Penrith. This seems remarkably similar to what happened when Des was announced as our new coach. At least Des had a good coaching record before he came to us, something that Barrett has yet prove.

Last edited:

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm the same. Back when we were competitive I used to get really angry after a loss - especially if it's a game we should have won. I'd think abotut it for days. Now I have literally no emotion watching the games anymore - these last few years have sucked the fun out of footy. In fact, my first instinct is to laugh - espeically when the prince does something stupid
That is exactly basically word for word what my feeling towards our team was and is right now, can't help but laugh before getting angry or upset at this rabble of a team

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ò
yep my thoughts exactly. It defies belief that they, the club / board, can allow the incumbent coach to have his say on who is and isn’t going to be there in 2021 when he’s being paid as an assistant coach at another rival NRL club in Penrith. I understand the club had to make an announcement about its future by way of who was going to be coach next year and beyond but he should not be allowed to have had any say on the future of the Bulldogs until he had cut ties with Penrith. This seems remarkably similar to what happened when Des was announced as our new coach. At least Des had a good coaching record before he came to us, something that Barrett has yet prove.
I was whinging about Georgalis wielding too much selection power ...not Barrett :grinning:

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for this weekend it’s mind numbing after seeing the squad picked to meet the Titans. Obviously Georgallis doesn’t give a shit now he knows he has no future at the club. To name Montoya and Napa in the starting line up is proof of that. Furthermore he has Averillo, To’omaga, Thompson, Cogger, Smith and Lafai on the bench. Just deflating but I’ve already resigned myself in us getting the spoon this year. This year can’t end quick enough.
Cheers mate appreciate the kind words
Hi Spoonman84, mate like all of us here on the kennel I'm so sorry to hear about the little one, and I wish It ( Sorry I'm not sure if it male or female ) a speedy recovery & you and mrs take care of yourselves, Please keep us posted on the progress, and my very best wishes to all of you. Good Luck Buddy.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Spoonman84, mate like all of us here on the kennel I'm so sorry to hear about the little one, and I wish It ( Sorry I'm not sure if it male or female ) a speedy recovery & you and mrs take care of yourselves, Please keep us posted on the progress, and my very best wishes to all of you. Good Luck Buddy.
Thanks mate I appreciate it. Thanks to everyone else as well.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm the same. Back when we were competitive I used to get really angry after a loss - especially if it's a game we should have won. I'd think abotut it for days. Now I have literally no emotion watching the games anymore - these last few years have sucked the fun out of footy. In fact, my first instinct is to laugh - espeically when the prince does something stupid
And I thought I was loosing the plot...
It turned out to be I am not alone out there
The rules of the game gets changed more often than changing my underpants
The refs control the results as if they are instructed by the betting industries
To top it all our beloved Bulldogs have forgotten how to play the game !!!
Life goes on...
But don't forget......Gamble responsibly :upset::fearful:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How do you know that?? I'd say the Gold coast job offer was massive compared to the one coming out of Belmore..
Fake news. There was no offer from Belmore. They did not chase him at all.