Official Round 16 - Bulldogs vs Raiders Discussion Thread

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to know if Georgie is actually making these selections on his own, the board is overriding him, or if Baz is making the calls.

Depending on which Raiders side turns up, this could be the highest score of the round

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Any chance we can win today boys???
I'm hoping for some devine intervention or something as it is two years to the day since my dad passed.

He was blue & white to the core. Went to Canterbury boys high was at the 1967 Grand Final working, selling pies, but managed to watch the game, needless to say the Canterbury supporters lost their appetite after the intercept try.
He was in attendance for the 1984, 1995 and 2004 victories however.

Just hoping we get the massive upset today.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was listening to a matt Johns podcast a few weeks back and he was talking about playing a red hot raiders team down there in the early 90’s. The manager came in to the sheds to get them before the game and said “Time to get out there boys, you ain’t gunna win it in here. “ Matty said he thought to himself “We ain’t gunna fuckin win it out there either”.

I have exactly the same feeling about the dogs tonight unfortunately. Any remote chance was gone with the team selection

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm hoping for some devine intervention or something as it is two years to the day since my dad passed.

He was blue & white to the core. Went to Canterbury boys high was at the 1967 Grand Final working, selling pies, but managed to watch the game, needless to say the Canterbury supporters lost their appetite after the intercept try.

It will be extremely tough but stranger things have happened. I try not to be a lounge expert with the team selections as I don’t know what’s gone on with training, injuries, off field etc. SG has made some interesting calls so let’s so what if anything changes tonight. If we don’t win I want to see a good attitude and the only bonus if we lose is that the kennel tantrums are hilarious

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I really like the part abut Divine intervention.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Surely thompson and averillo late inclusions. If not id like the board to come out and punt georgalis and if potter is in our system appoint him as caretaker. Im sick of the weekly musical chairs, just pick the best fucking team and stick with it. Not rocket science!
There's only 4 games left, what's the point?
And you talk about musical chairs yet you want a 3rd coach within the same season?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t like our chances but Good luck Boys

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Forget this game, our last winnable game is vs Manly.

Manly have been rubbish so they will need to get flogged by the Storm. If they get flogged their confidence will be shot and we will have a chance.

Next weeks game vs Titans they are too strong at the moment and are united under Holbrook.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don’t like our chances but Good luck Boys
If we put on a couple of early tries like last week we might have half a chance if defend better in numbers, will come down to fitness for the 80, we should be fit after the Warriors game.
No speculator passing but not wasting the tackle count either will help.
We look outgunned on paper but the game isn't played on paper.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worst idea ever! Would prefer Monday night considering it makes Mondays better...
I love the time slot actually. Something to watch on Sunday night what else is on?