News Foran. Canterbury bulldogs withdraw offer.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For everyone saying Foran is delusional for wanting 3 years, just remember that people said he was delusional for aiming to get back from that ankle injury last year in six weeks, and he did it, and then people said he was delusional saying he would play this season after the shoulder injury playing for NZ, and yet here we are.

I'm not saying Foran should get 3 years, or that he can play another 3 years. But it is interesting that Foran has said stuff before and been called delusional, and yet he proved himself. I wouldn't put it past him doing it again, he is that competitive and professional.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Foran was so confident his body could hold up for three seasons and if he really wanted to stay and repay the faith the Dogs have shown him, why wouldn't he back himself and sign the deal?

I know why!! Because he knows he can't. It is purely a security contract for when he breaks down. Thats fair enough but we don't need or want a player who will be a week to chance of playing. Bye Bye Foran.
Absolutely spot on, If he really believes he can do three years go one year at a time to repay the club who invest6ed so much both salary and rehab wise.

Scary part is Lewis and Wakeham are now the only signed halves for next year, it will be a big step up for Avo if he is to move into the halves.

Btw well done to the club for not mucking around too and pulling the offer.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been a big fan of Foran for years, loved it when he signed, but have been disappointed his injuries have meant we have never seen his best, or have we[emoji848]
For mine, he would be a good signing for only 1 year at 350-400, but that's it, 3 years is crazy and he would know that.
So its bye bye Kieron and no more games in blue and white, we need to use guys that will be here next year.
Thanks Kieron but all the best, elsewhere

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not saying it a bad way (as Foran is clearly our best player and very much key for us to do anything) but he’s not dominate reallt. We are ducking 2 wins this year. No it’s not all him but he certainly hasn’t dominated any game.

I still would take him for a 1 year deal at the 300k and 100k extra in incentives due to his experience and ability. He is tough as fuck and very smart with football.

I’d even consider a second year with that in favour if he stays healthy and plays “x” games.

Though 3 years he’s delusional.

I’m sorry I don’t trust him to hold out next game. Every time he’s hit I worry. Let alone 3 more off seasons.

While he is clearly unlucky the bloke can sure find an injury.

Ideal world. We sign burton. Foran takes a 2 year deal that the second year is only
Activated if he plays “x” amount of games
In the first. 300k with 100k in incentives. Fair for all.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thank you for your service and off you go. For the remainder of the year I would like SG to no longer pick players that won’t be with us and get more games under the belt for the guys we have signed up. What’s the point playing guys that won’t be in our future plans

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At this stage I'm a bit tired of hearing about this. Either sign a deal or piss off and let us focus on other targets. I see no credibility to the facts and figures tossed out by the media anyway. Guessing his manager is trying to fuel some interest if anything. But as usual the lack of direct quotes leaves me thinking that this is just another filler story.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For everyone saying Foran is delusional for wanting 3 years, just remember that people said he was delusional for aiming to get back from that ankle injury last year in six weeks, and he did it, and then people said he was delusional saying he would play this season after the shoulder injury playing for NZ, and yet here we are.

I'm not saying Foran should get 3 years, or that he can play another 3 years. But it is interesting that Foran has said stuff before and been called delusional, and yet he proved himself. I wouldn't put it past him doing it again, he is that competitive and professional.
No doubt he can play on for another 3 years, though them 3 years will be broken up into 8-10 games a season if he’s lucky.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score

And in two of the games he’s played since coming back this year he’s come off injured because even he is unsure of his body. Don’t need a guy that needs bubble wrap around his limbs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

The only reason he didn't miss many games this season is because Covid caused the comp to pause for several weeks. If that never happened, Foran would have missed an extra 6-8 games.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll go against the grain and say I'd be happy to have him @ $300k plus incentives for 3 years.

I like him, and I think he still one of our better players each time he takes the field.

I think he could offer a lot more under Barrett assuming Barret gets us going forward.

He's a too line half when he's not injured, and I think he'd be even better under a better coached team.

For me it's chump change for a good half.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Wish him all the best at his next club
If Foran was so confident his body could hold up for three seasons and if he really wanted to stay and repay the faith the Dogs have shown him, why wouldn't he back himself and sign the deal?

I know why!! Because he knows he can't. It is purely a security contract for when he breaks down. Thats fair enough but we don't need or want a player who will be a week to chance of playing. Bye Bye Foran.
Need Best Post button back.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the deal offered was more than generous. If he took the 1 year potential $400k deal and stayed injury free, hed be in a better position to be re-signed by either us or someone else mid-end next season. He sais his best footy is in front of him. Fine, earn it.
I dont see why we need to resign him, the clubs had ample time to get their shit sorted and sign quality players. Maybe they have, who knows.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

There’s truth in some of the stuff you say but,if u were running a business would u pay good $$,for someone to work 2 days a week instead of 5,and getting left short again,let the knights or tigers have him,they can pay the 500+ he’s chasing.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Surely if we’re able to pull the offer then that means Baz has someone on the way for next season (fingers crossed its Burton) I doubt he starts next season with Wakeham & Lewis in the halves. In saying that Foran 2 years ABSOLUTE MAX 350. Im a Foran guy but he fkn owes us!