Official Round 15 - Bulldogs vs Warriors - Discussion Thread

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I like how Holland is back with Reimis. Late consolation but better late than never. But why not have hoppa as a centre and leave Meaney where he is at fullback. If JO is available we would look more potent with our outside backs combinations.
Thought JMK was useful coming off the bench. He makes a break and has the hookers job his again forever. Tolman scores a try rolling the footy all over his chest and he too is a starting prop again.
Things continue to make no sense every week with these lineup changes.
hes gone for solid with no speed v speed at FB

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Round 15 Team News: Hopoate returns; Doorey and Marshall-King to start

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have made a number of changes for this Sunday's clash with the Warriors at ANZ Stadium (2:00PM AEST).
First amongst them is the return of Will Hopoate to the starting line-up at fullback after recovering from a high ankle sprain picked up in the Round 7 loss to the Wests Tigers at the end of June.

Hopoate will take the place of Nick Meaney who will return to his original position of winger with Marcelo Montoya dropping out of the squad.
In the forwards Aiden Tolman will return to the starting line-up to replace Dylan Napa who will miss one match after taking an early guilty plea for a dangerous contact charge from Sunday's close loss to the Tigers.
In other team news:
  • Jeremy Marshall-King will return to the starting line-up in place of Sione Katoa who goes back to the bench
  • Matt Doorey, who scored a try on debut against the Tigers, will start the game in the number 11 jersey with Luke Thompson coming off the bench
  • Jake Averillo returns to the seventeen after recovering from a hip injury
Match: Bulldogs v Warriors
ROUND 15 - SUNDAY 23RD AUGUST
2:00pm

Venue: ANZ Stadium, Sydney
Match broadcasters:
  • Kayo
  • Foxtel
  • Live Pass

No.PlayerSponsor
1Will HopoateMiramax
2Nick MeaneyCanterbury League Club
3Tim LafaiDaily Press
4Kerrod HollandSydney Freezers
5Reimis SmithRemondis
6Kieran ForanReliable Food Distributors
7Jack CoggerHitachi Cooling & Heating
8Ofahiki OgdenHy-Tec
9Jeremy Marshall-KingUltimate Security
10Aiden TolmanTLH Group
11Matthew DooreyGuardian Venue Management
12Raymond Faitala-MarinerDental on Evaline
13Josh JacksonYour Property People
Interchange
14Sione KatoaM&J Chickens
15Luke ThompsonClassic Sportswear
16Sauaso SueCPe Australia
17Jake AverilloSydney Tools
Extended Bench
19Renouf To’omaga
20Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
21Chris Smith
22Lachlan Lewis
Sorry SG, that's the reason way you got the sack from Trent

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Definitely missed the opportunity for our best centre pairing. Plus hoppa to one with no game time for 6 - 7 weeks. I prefer hoppa n averillo in centres. Good to see Jacko to lock and Doorey gets a start. But in all seriousness wtf what has RT done to get out of the 17. He was out best prop. Still can't get a run and good to see the chop n changing continues. Nothing like stability to fuck your season up.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To me the two big decisions are retaining Cogger over Lewis and moving Jackson to lock, the latter is the biggest. This is a big chance for Doorey. Suspect that it is partly down to the decision to play Thommo off the bench, but a lot of us have been interested in seeing Jacko play more central so let's see how this goes.

Avo on bench as super-sub/backs cover, that's fine.

Realistically either Montoya or Holland were going to make way for Hoppa. It's the winger, so Hoppa FB Meaney to Wing. If Hoppa can't go 80 Meaney shifts back and Avo comes on.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Holland must feel like a superstar being able to hold his centre spot over hoppa and Averillo. And keep zelezniak and Jayden out of the team :p

I would have put hoppa straight into the centre spot. Lacks enough speed to be an elite fullback unfortunately. But glad no Montoya. And I’m hoping holland joins him with Atleast averillo brought back in.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Katoa has been miles better than JMK, not sure why we're switching it up.
Season tradition, rotation policy. Stick with shit players for to long. Give a player a crack, prompt him to start the following week than drop him out of rotation after 3 weeks. Fucking joke of a club. Youth policy but Tolman Jackson Napa stop young progress

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's amazing how much they fuck up the line-up every week.

Yet again our club plays reserve graders ahead of our best youngsters. We've won two games all season, there are only six games left and still they're picking guys like Holland.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly can’t believe what I’m reading. Too much musical chairs....... this season needs to end. How do you give players confidence in a position if we keep changing week to week

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Katoa is pretty unlucky there to be demoted. Good to see Jacko at lock and away from the edge.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Changing Meaney from wing to fullback isn’t got to help his development. If he can’t cement FB he shouldn’t be in the team. I just can’t understand why so many players position keeps getting changed which wouldn’t help their confidence and form.
The shortest and smallest player in the nrl on the wing yeah it’s pretty smart