News Harawira-Naera reportedly released

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Any breach of contractual obligations is potentially a sackable offence....especially if it isn't the first one. I won't miss the prick and at the end of the day, it's better he isn't at the club.....but it's sickening that he actually benefits from his poor behaviour and this club has to stop sending the message to players that is they aren't happy at the club, they can throw a tantrum and get a better deal elsewhere. This fuck wit is going to play finals this year after bailing on his teammates and that is not right.
Exactly! The **** is lucky I'm not the Boss otherwise he would be looking forwards to not even playing reggies for the rest of this year. He would be isolated from the team and waiting his fate and losing value. The only way I would release him would be a win/win scenario with a swap from another club. If that didn't happen this year then I would let the prick out of his contract for 2021. All he had to do was own his mistake and move on.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes we free up cap space for this year but not much. The season is half way over. As I said I was happy to see him go at the end of the year because then we could find a replacement.

Brent Read actually said last night that we were holding out for either a player swap or cash but we got neither. If this was no chance to happen then why would the club even mention it ??

I just felt we could have held out for at least few weeks. So what if he wanted to go to the Raiders ?? We dont owe him (or them) anything. Another club might have come in with an offer.

Look at Saab for the Dragons. He has asked for a release about 10 times but they keep saying no because they need him. Normally when players move clubs mid-way through the year its because they are not in the clubs top 17 and they are unwanted (like Lafai). When a top player is disgruntled they keep them until the end of the year because then they have a chance to use the cap money for next year on a player that wants to be there (i.e. Matterson).

We let players like Woods and Mbye go mid-year but thats because we were over the cap. We actually had CHN on a great deal so we were in the driving seat.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree
No disagreement here.

I am genuinely interested why so many people are calling for player swap or transfer fee. Both are very rare in the NRL.

As for CHN, he would free up some where about $400 - $500K in next years cap. For me, this year is a write off. So why not bank the $200K we still owe him for this years pay instead of paying him to do nothing but rubbish us to other players and in the media. That could just be the accountant coming out in me, but when clubs have lost so much money this year that would definitely help relive some financial pressure.

That $400 - $500K is a decent FG player or can be used to upgrade some of the young plaers we have have with potential., so it is not insignificant.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes but that is not a sackable offence, nor should he of been deregistered by the nrl
I agree 100%.

But if he had followed the Code of Conduct he would not have put himself in a position for Greenburg to use him as a sex toy.

The Code of Conduct exists to protect the Club AND the players.

He left himself exposed and Greenburg got him.

Reactions: J_B

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No disagreement here.

I am genuinely interested why so many people are calling for player swap or transfer fee. Both are very rare in the NRL.

As for CHN, he would free up some where about $400 - $500K in next years cap. For me, this year is a write off. So why not bank the $200K we still owe him for this years pay instead of paying him to do nothing but rubbish us to other players and in the media. That could just be the accountant coming out in me, but when clubs have lost so much money this year that would definitely help relive some financial pressure.

That $400 - $500K is a decent FG player or can be used to upgrade some of the young plaers we have have with potential., so it is not insignificant.
I see it from both sides. Would have been nice to get something in return. But if they're going to let him move on it might as well be while we still have time to source a decent replacement. I'm not doubting that he's getting released, but I still have the view that until the club announce it, it isn't a done deal. Still no direct quotes from anyone close to the situation yet. So entirely possible that the media has jumped the gun.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No disagreement here.

Yep fair enough . I just thought they could explored a few more options

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are we still talking about this c***? Too much baggage, hes moved on and isnt irreplaceable. We got cap space in return, who knows what that can turn into. Win for all parties involved. c*** was never a Bulldog.
He still has his Penrith quilt cover on. Fuck him

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has the club released a statement on the release of CHN?

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont get how Canberra can fit him in the cap unless I missed something.
Werent they saying at the beginning of the year that they had salary cap issues which is why Rapana went to rugby?
Since then, they have re-signed Rapana and now CHN who are both internationals.
I don't recall them letting anyone go?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont get how Canberra can fit him in the cap unless I missed something.
Werent they saying at the beginning of the year that they had salary cap issues which is why Rapana went to rugby?
Since then, they have re-signed Rapana and now CHN who are both internationals.
I don't recall them letting anyone go?
They got some compensation for Bateman being injured in rep footy

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They got some compensation for Bateman being injured in rep footy
Sure but by all accounts, he is on less than $450k at present, and the relief is less than half of that, so I still cant figure it out.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sure but by all accounts, he is on less than $450k at present, and the relief is less than half of that, so I still cant figure it out.
The Roosters probably lent them a few hundred k out of their sombrero

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Let him go and play for the Raipers... at least then he will be match fit for Mad Monday ;)

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont want him at the Club, he should be made to sit the season out.
What the Board and NRL did is rewarded him by letting him go from wooden spooners club to one that could win the premiership. He is the winner. A Complete Joke

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Has the club released a statement on the release of CHN?
Nothing yet, either they are negotiating a player swap or too embarrassed to announce we got fucked with no lube again.

I'm guessing its the latter...

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing yet, either they are negotiating a player swap or too embarrassed to announce we got fucked with no lube again.

I'm guessing its the latter...
CHN gone. Okunbor Staying. Just released