Adam Elliot Injury - Out for the season

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you took it with a grain of salt. Unless you heard it from Mrs Elliott or his manager, it's likely just rumours. He'll either extend his contract with us or sign with another club. I don't concern myself with what players are supposedly getting paid.
Source is extremely reliable.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nope period. You don’t overpay. There’s a reason why the top clubs are contending they haven’t and don’t overpay.
We have to overpay to bring players to the club. Ideally you want to re-sign players you already have for value (sometimes you need to meet half way with a rival's offer). From all reports Elliott has been low balled tho (at least imo from the figures coming out). Elliott's still our best forward (Thompson is yet to show he's better, he's very solid, I think he's about to explode thp) I don't want to see him at another club next year personally.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have to overpay to bring players to the club. Ideally you want to re-sign players you already have for value (sometimes you need to meet half way with a rival's offer). From all reports Elliott has been low balled tho (at least imo from the figures coming out). Elliott's still our best forward (Thompson is yet to show he's better, he's very solid, I think he's about to explode thp) I don't want to see him at another club next year personally.
See being our best forward is hardly a glowing endorsement you know. I disagree anyway there’s better forwards we have.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Adam is on less than 200k this year, i know that as fact. Im not sure what he may have earned previous years. Players salaries are grossly inflated by the media

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Elliott deserves to get paid by someone but I'm glad the club isn't trying to get into a bidding war for him. I'd rather they spent the 500k or so he's looking for on someone else.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope period. You don’t overpay. There’s a reason why the top clubs are contending they haven’t and don’t overpay.
Well we lett jt leave for a club paying “overs” at the time and the cows let poinga go as well so your theory aint totally correct,some players you do pay overs to land

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well we lett jt leave for a club paying “overs” at the time and the cows let poinga go as well so your theory aint totally correct,some players you do pay overs to land
Agree, but Elliot as much as I like him is not one of those players, elliot wants to stay wouldn’t need to upgrade his deal too much to secure him

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just been told the dogs have offered Elliot less than his current contract. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me, considering he’s twice the player he was when he signed the current contract and even then he took a lesser deal to help the club.
That would be fair to be honest for mine. He signed for overs his last contract. I know that for a fact. When you look at his record off the field. The club stood by him after the furore of Mad Monday. And the recent video of him. For mine he’s an average footballer. He will never progress to origin. If he wants to chase the money, you can’t blame him if he leaves. I’m not fussed if we lose him.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I like Adam Elliot, and he's a tryer... but he's akin to Josh Reynolds... you can't fault his effort... but somehow whatever he, and Adam Elliot try, they are mostly miss rather than hit.

I'd like to keep him, but if he goes, it might be a blessing in disguise.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neither deals were overs. Ponga’s deal especially was just about right for a fullback.

Malla

Reaction score
Agree, but Elliot as much as I like him is not one of those players, elliot wants to stay wouldn’t need to upgrade his deal too much to secure him
Yeah you dont break the bank for Elliot.

He easily replaceable.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a fullback it’s not it’s about par. You are picked to play fullback you are getting north of 500k
Meaney isnt on that. Ponga was paid overs based on potential to lure him to Newcastle.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
For a fullback it’s not it’s about par. You are picked to play fullback you are getting north of 500k
So we're going to offer Albert Hoppa 500k+?!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Neither deals were overs. Ponga’s deal especially was just about right for a fullback.
At the time they were both overs in hindsight you can say its not but at the time they both were otherwise they would still be at both clubs