News EXCLUSIVE: Andrew Johns and Brad Fittler reveal plans for fixing broken Bulldogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Here we go...

I’m sick of hearing about us having to pay overs because I think it’s bullshit

We just need astute signings. Of coarse money talks but I don’t see us having to pay more than any other club and I think it gets floated by player managers. At the end of the day if you don’t want to play for the bulldogs...fuck of we don’t wAnt you
So how do you sign a player another club that isn't 16th wants that's also offering more money? Unless you want more Meaney, Britt, Katoa, etc. signings (unwanted players which 99% of the time translates to not good enough for the NRL). We're in panic stations now and can't afford to wait for "budget buys".

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know we're pretty ordinary but if we picked up all of them (take burton over green) chn stayed, then I can't see how I rebuild is going to take 5 years before making finals.. you'd expect that team to get pretty close in year 1!
I thought we'd be competitive/top eight next year tbh but I didn't think it'd be this hard to pull the cheque book out and start signing players. It starts to look like the people running the club don't know what they're doing, I hope I'm wrong tho.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how do you sign any player another club that isn't 16th wants that's also offering more money? Unless you want more Meaney, Britt, Katoa, etc. signings.
Because with the salary cap not every clubs is in the market at same time...we don’t need to sign superstars in every position. For example why would we have to pay overs for a guy like Green. I think he would be a decent signing but I don’t believe we have to pay him overs just as an example

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm interested to see how Tom Starling from the raiders goes tonight.

5/8 should be avo.

Centre Cotric.

And well FB. Fuk if Meany doesn't fill the gap. Who the fuk knows. Albert Hoppa has had 2 knee recons, so yerrrrrrr
Starling would be a good cheap option.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Because with the salary cap not every clubs is in the market at same time...we don’t need to sign superstars in every position. For example why would we have to pay overs for a guy like Green. I think he would be a decent signing but I don’t believe we have to pay him overs just as an example
So not one other club in the NRL is going to offer what we want to offer Green (I don't want Green either, but that's for another day). Is he really good enough then? I do think we need some superstars and best players in their position.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Dufty/sailor
3. Cotric or moga
6. Burton
9. Watson or friend
10. Tamou/welch
If no chn keegan hipgrave

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ben Hunt is on $1m at the Dragons and he has now nailed the hooker spot. McInnes has been forced to play lock

Storm will have either Cameron Smith or Grant playing hooker next year and Brandon Smith will continue to be played at lock

It's an absolute NO BRAINER that the club must get into the ears of McInnes and Brandon Smith. One HAS to stick.

You pay "overs" for either one of them and not a winger from Canberra who says he can play centre - Hello Remis Smith!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's not much talent left for 21 which is a big problem. If the new coach can't start with the club straight away or at least have some input into 21 it will be a problem.

I don't know who our talent scouts/recruitment manager are but they should be looking at lower grades and super league but I've got no confidence in that happening.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see someone not just bagging the club, but coming up with some good ideas

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's not much talent left for 21 which is a big problem. If the new coach can't start with the club straight away or at least have some input into 21 it will be a problem.

I don't know who our talent scouts/recruitment manager are but they should be looking at lower grades and super league but I've got no confidence in that happening.
I agree not much for 2021 but with the way contracts work these days that could all change pretty quickly.

The knights got Pearce at the end of 2017 when Cronk went to the roosters. The eels got Matterson in the offseason when he had a dummy spit

All you have to do is approach a player with a better offer. All of a sudden the club has a disgruntled player and the move is made.

I would like some more signings but i am glad they are not rushing things

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
basically what we already know, its another 5 year wait to be a competitive side again

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree not much for 2021 but with the way contracts work these days that could all change pretty quickly.

The knights got Pearce at the end of 2017 when Cronk went to the roosters. The eels got Matterson in the offseason when he had a dummy spit

All you have to do is approach a player with a better offer. All of a sudden the club has a disgruntled player and the move is made.

I would like some more signings but i am glad they are not rushing things
I think COVID has thrown these type of signings off for a couple of seasons as no lower grade comps this year will hurt depth and players coming through and clubs will hold on to more players . Bad timing really