Nasheed in charge. how things would be handled.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Alot of forum members have called for myself to step into a coaching or management position. There is little doubt i know my stuff.

So i thought i could speak directly to the fans here, just us,. and have a bit of a truth and honesty session mixed with a Q and A. Just us around a campfire really.

A few things i would do if i was the coach.

Recruitment:
This is very important. Nothings happening without the right player and atm we have it wrong.

The first thing i will do is do something that should have been sorted last week. The Cotric contract.

Right now we are playing the tighter than teenage thai pussy game and trying to not pay overs for premium talent and offer non monetary desires like playing centre.
i can easily sort this out.

I will upgrade his contract offer from 1.8 mil over 3 years (600k,600k,600k) to a 1.9 mil offer of (700k,600k,600k). It is unlikely we will be filling caps next year and hit all our recruitment goals so we can afford overs for a season. Think of it as a sign on bonus. Young dumb men like Nick are short sighted and would jump at that offer. Fixed! took me 1 minute.

I will then scour the earth for a hooker. I'll watch the Harry grant thang play out but i would also be keeping a really close eye on Daryl Clark from england. The brst in the biz over there and as quick as Cook. With the salaries being slashed over there there may be an opportunity to get he ass tempted for 700k a year.

Speaking of England, Imma be all up the ol' dart. This is where you find talent, not random islands in fiji, and atm theres no footy, half of them are dying of Corona, and with the salary situation at knifepoint we should be up in there.

id give a big contract to walmsley to be the enforcer. The only one that rivals Thommo. We now have outr pack sorted. I'll then resign key playas like holland and Elliott and way we go.

Gameplay:
Id essentially replace hard working potato pellett players with aggressive hard running line benders and get rid of little snots like Wakeman.
RFM HAS to move into the prop position and 'run hard and fast'. Pay wasnt wrong in that thought, he just didnt have him in the middle where he is effective

We are still missing a gun FB but thats the price I had to pay to realise my recruitment mission.

my 2021 team thereby:

1 Meaney
2 Smith
3 Hoppa
4 Cotric
5 DWZ
6 Averillo
7 Foran/green
8 Walmsley
9 Clark
10 Thompson
11 Jackson
12 CHN
13 Elliott
14 Holland
15 RFM
16 Ogden
17 Napa

Strategy:
Now i have my team in place the strategy is bash up the middle with support yo. Holes punched and flying little men in the middle to capitalise. There will be Straight out aggression from the poms and Ennis style niggle. itll all be about FTW and Bankwest or Belmore will be indoctrinated by siege mentality, fans and players alike.

AMA- Ask me anything? Nasheed.

Last edited:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You have been thinking about this a lot. Do you have Lynn’s number? Might be worth a call
#Nasheedforcoach2021

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So as the coach you have $3m to spend and that’s squad you would have with 80% of that awful team existing from this year? For us to get off the bottom 20% stays and even that’s being kind.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d replace Napa with To’omaga on that line up.

Also we need some more changes, but that line up is a good start.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
So as the coach you have $3m to spend and that’s squad you would have with 80% of that awful team existing from this year? For us to get off the bottom 20% stays and even that’s being kind.
I'll answer this on two levels.
The blunt ground level truth is they are on contract. Cant do much, i dont want to pay other teams to take our players.

The secondary level is our players arent that bad. As first graders they are fine, but they need to be amongst higher caliber players to be effective. All the problem is that our team is full of fringe first graders when other teams have a mix of marquee,solid and fringe. ive corrected this balance. In 2022 ill go after a fullback after some backs are off contract or train holland for the role.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d replace Napa with To’omaga on that line up.

Also we need some more changes, but that line up is a good start.
I am open to this. With injuries theyll all get a run.

i should mention that by reducing minutes, I am hoping Napa rediscovers his edge. He was the definition of enforcer 4 years back.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'll answer this on two levels.
The blunt ground level truth is they are on contract. Cant do much, i dont want to pay other teams to take our players.

The secondary level is our players arent that bad. As first graders they are fine, but they need to be amongst higher caliber players to be effective. All the problem is that our team is full of fringe first graders when other teams have a mix of marquee,solid and fringe. ive corrected this balance. In 2022 ill go after a fullback after some backs are off contract or train holland for the role.
Then let’s be blunt and tell those players under contract they are free to seek another deal cause they are not wanted. They have had more than enough time to prove there are up to NRL standard. If not leave them out of FG team until their contracts expire. Sick and tired of seeing Holland, Smith and co mentioned in future teams. FFS they are not part of a future where we win a premiership.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Then let’s be blunt and tell those players under contract they are free to seek another deal cause they are not wanted. They have had more than enough time to prove there are up to NRL standard. If not leave them out of FG team until their contracts expire. Sick and tired of seeing Holland, Smith and co mentioned in future teams. FFS they are not part of a future where we win a premiership.
Smith needs man management.
Someone like DWZ will need to be reminded that at contract expiration his futures on the line and im taking notes.

but i dont want to do the move you said necause like what happened in 2013, it demoralises the players i want to get the best out of.

You catch more flys with honey than saliva kinda thing.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why do you rate holland so highly?

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am open to this. With injuries theyll all get a run.

i should mention that by reducing minutes, I am hoping Napa rediscovers his edge. He was the definition of enforcer 4 years back.
He has ready rediscovered his edge...

aww-aww-yeah-imgflip-com-image-tagged-in-dylan-napa-nrl-scandal-49538614.png

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do you rate holland so highly?
I dont think i do?

I think though he is underrated, can bust lines, kick goals and is versatile and if managed better and in a better team, would be a rep FB/Centre. I dont know if he would be a tedesco or a Turbo but certainly a Michael Gordon in his prime or a Gutherson or moylan even at the least.

Last edited:

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You don’t think you rate him highly and you consider him a rep player? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] You’re either joking, completely in love with him or insane.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You don’t think you rate him highly and you consider him a rep player? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] You’re either joking, completely in love with him or insane.
atm hes not in the best headspace but he has the talent to be.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Good bowling Nasheed. Keep working that Doosra.