Official Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera statement

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Steeliz could you pls clarify.

Have I misunderstood your posts?

You started out saying CHN happy to come back. All ok.

Then you've muddied the waters again with this "more behind the scenes" we aren't privy to.

Would appreciate any further clarification you can give.
By 'behind the scenes' I mean how the club treated the players.

Seems the consensus in this place is you can only show support if it is in the papers and that anything that happens without publicity just doesn't matter.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Next time he comes into my business I'll ask him for a update and get back to you. You know him personally I assume?
Ok you do that.

Make sure you get it on video so you can prove once and for all what actually happened.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Who care, dragons still stuck by him. Dogs didn't do shit, could've sacked them very early on or supported them but done neither, instead they sat back and failed to once again make a decision. Incompetent gronks.
Is it the same though? De Bellin's is still up in the air, innocent until proven guilty. I thought CHN/OK were pretty cut and dried and admitted their guilt. They didn't try and fight for their innocence by denying the claims. (maybe the circumstances behind the claims should have been pushed harder)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate why would they he gave them no choice i was proud the club took the stance they did why should they back them after what they did carrying on like porkchops if all clubs took the stance we did maybe these bellends would think twice about there actions.
Hopefully he acts like a man admits his wrongs and hooks in for the club.
The stance they took? The club did fucking nothing. The bunch of fucking nobodies at the club done fuck all and waited for the NRL to make the decision for them.

Bunch of fucking ***** keep talking about the old days and the "family club" rubbish, well where the fuck was the family club there? No where. Bunch of fucking *****.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was in the article James hooper put out on fox league.
Three rivals circling sacked Dogs star after shock decision throws a spanner in the works
BULLDOGS

• July 13, 2020 7:06pm
  • JAMES HOOPER
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

Corey Harawira-Naera is likely to hit the open marketSource: News Corp Australia
The Bulldogs have a conundrum on their hands after sacking Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor over the Port Macquarie schoolgirl scandal only to sensationally have the decision overturned at the independent NRL Appeals Committee.

While Canterbury-Bankstown attempted to make a strong statement after the duo made headlines during the pre-season the revised punishment now means Kiwi Test backrower Harawira-Naera is available for selection as of Round 11.

Okunbor will be available as of Round 15 and the pair have been reinstated to Canterbury-Bankstown.
The Bulldogs now have three options.

Re-instate the duo and have them back playing over the course of the next month.

Sack them for the second time and risk legal action for unfair dismissal.

Or negotiate with rival NRL clubs and allow them to go and play somewhere else.

There is a feeling Kiwi Test backrower Harawira-Naera is fuming at the Bulldogs’ initial decision to tear up his contract and could opt to ask the club for an immediate release.
Fair enough. Haven't read that one.

Seems a bit vague. Who has that feeling?

Doesn't say that he has stated it to anyone, let alone the reporter, just that their is a feeling.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is it the same though? De Bellin's is still up in the air, innocent until proven guilty. I thought CHN/OK were pretty cut and dried and admitted their guilt. They didn't try and fight for their innocence by denying the claims. (maybe the circumstances behind the claims should have been pushed harder)
The same? No? Doesn't make a difference imo. The accusations against JDB were very serious and carry a hefty prison sentence...meanwhile our boys didn't even do anything illegal. Club handled the entire incident like a bunch of amateurs, wouldn't see the Roosters failing to protect their brand.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
By 'behind the scenes' I mean how the club treated the players.

Seems the consensus in this place is you can only show support if it is in the papers and that anything that happens without publicity just doesn't matter.
So you are not alluding to this notion that there was further incriminating actions or something of that nature that has been mentioned.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The stance they took? The club did fucking nothing. The bunch of fucking nobodies at the club done fuck all and waited for the NRL to make the decision for them.

Bunch of fucking c*** keep talking about the old days and the "family club" rubbish, well where the fuck was the family club there? No where. Bunch of fucking c***.
Your acting like there kids mate, there grown fuckin men the Bulldogs are not a kindergarten they shouldn't need to "Support" dickheads.
Your right we are the Family Club so how would it look if we came out and supported two blokes who chatted up a couple of school girls.
All im saying mate is that if they come back they should be humble and see out there contracts.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So you are not alluding to this notion that there was further incriminating actions or something of that nature that has been mentioned.
Not at all.

What I am saying is just because it wasn't in the papers and on 2GB it also doesn't mean the club threw them on the scrap heap either.

A

Alexander the Great

So they appeal and won the case. Who would have thought @DinkumDog

Whoever instructed the club to tear their contracts up is a real genius :joycat::joycat:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Your acting like there kids mate, there grown fuckin men the Bulldogs are not a kindergarten they shouldn't need to "Support" dickheads.
Your right we are the Family Club so how would it look if we came out and supported two blokes who chatted up a couple of school girls.
All im saying mate is that if they come back they should be humble and see out there contracts.
Look this has been done to depth already. I'm just really fucking pissed off right now at the fact that we once again look like coming away from this as the big losers. Lost our best strike player, didn't sign a replacement, didn't nail down a sponsor, now potentially losing that best strike player to a rival club, still no fucking sponsor.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fair enough. Haven't read that one.

Seems a bit vague. Who has that feeling?

Doesn't say that he has stated it to anyone, let alone the reporter, just that their is a feeling.
Yeah hopefully its more hooper rubbish personally I hope he comes back with a point to prove and the feeling that he owes it to the fans and his team to put in.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
ladies and gentlemen

we have found the stupidest post for 2020

round of applause for whorse
You should have look through his back catalogue.. there is heaps of contenders..

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im sure you’d be stoked if a couple of your employees cost you major sponsorship dollars through sheer selfishness and stupidity.

I’m sure you’d be stoked if said actions also adversely impacted the performance of a team of colleagues that were on the cusp of a new project they’d been working towards for months.

I’m sure you’d also choose not to self-report if you had the chance to before it inevitably did the rounds on social media before inevitably hitting the headlines.

I’m sorry that you feel Price should’ve been baby sitting grown men around the clock, who knew full well what’s right and wrong conduct.
The lack of rapport & commercial relationships & simply no one no one good enough to get the deal done cost the cub the major sponsorship; plain & simple. To blame the players is a cop out & easy target.
Like it or not, ensuring these incidents don’t happen is exactly what Price’s role is/was.
Tell me, just what has Price brought to the table?
Hill/Price/Lynne keep degenerating the fabric of this club & pelicans keep blindly defend them!
The only momentum they gather is f**k up after f**k up...

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don’t see how they didn’t support them though and no one is yet to show me otherwise? Did people expect the club to high five them and condone their behaviour?
They tore up thier contracts without waiting for the NRL'S decision

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck I hope they come back I’m past the point of morals cannot afford to let any more talent slip away it will kill me to see chn go win 3 comps for the chooks

A

Alexander the Great

The lack of rapport & commercial relationships & simply no one no one good enough to get the deal done cost the cub the major sponsorship; plain & simple. To blame the players is a cop out & easy target.
Like it or not, ensuring these incidents don’t happen is exactly what Price’s role is/was.
Tell me, just what has Price brought to the table?
Hill/Price/Lynne keep degenerating the fabric of this club & pelicans keep blindly defend them!
The only momentum they gather is f**k up after f**k up...

Sponsors should have been signed way before this incident. Its a cop out and we all know it.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul Kent was basically demanding they be sacked and now he says the club didn’t stand by them. He’s a total fucking dropkick

I knew this is how it would all unfold