News Hooper: D-Day looms for Pay as Dogs to decide coach’s fate in next 48 hours

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sign willie mason and Reni Maitua as coaches. They will do a way better job than Barrett

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this sums it up nicely:

Manly with Barrett (2018): 15th.

Signed: Hodkinson, Elliot, Elgey, Garrick
Lost: Brown, Hastings, Kelly, Lane, Uate, Winterstein, Wright x2

Manly with Des (2019): 6th.

Almost as sideways as it comes. Unless there is a top coach available Pay should be our coach next year.
Fuck me mate, Pay is gone! Learn a new tune to whistle!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sign willie mason and Reni Maitua as coaches. They will do a way better job than Barrett
FMD make for an interesting mad Monday???? We’d be on the front page of every rag from here to Greenland

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We wont have $3M worth of extra talent next year, simply because we are going to have to pay overs even if we only sign fringe players which is all we can hope for.
Yes, I've been on the overs train for almost one year now. Glad some of you are finally starting to see it.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes so with the same squad (actually losing two good players in Kelly and Lane) Des went from 15th to 6th. I'm helping my case massively actually.
The difference is Turbo was injured for most of the season, a lot like now. Manly lost again this week without him. You’re a dumb ****, give up fool!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The difference is Turbo was injured for most of the season, a lot like now. Manly lost again this week without him. You’re a dumb c***, give up fool!
Turbo played 12 games last year and 22 games in 2018 you fool. If you want to hate on every post I make at least start doing some research first.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The Wane rumour has been around for a while and you do bring up an interesting point. They did spend a lot of time in England so what the hell where they doing there? I really hope it is Wane.
I've always felt the club would cut Pay loose for 2021 and looking outside the NRL for a club like us makes a lot of sense...won't get my hopes up under the current mob but it does feel like one of the more obvious plays. Griffin is the other option though his team's have always been reliant on individual brilliance and that's not exactly something we have a lot of.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay needs to go , but you don’t replace a dud with an even bigger dud . Barrett is worse than pay. He had a talented manly side , pathetic win rate and came 15th (don’t forget pay outcoached him that season ).
For him able to attract pplayers lol. No player bags the coach also I think it’s bs to attribute riff success to Barrett. They brought in api , have settled halves combo (Cleary not playing any different to last year ) and the riff attack still centres on either giving it to kikau or using him as decoy .

you would go for a rookie coach before Barrett. Anyway Griffith , Toovey , Henry are good coaches.

anyway as I said why replace a dud with a confirmed worse dud

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
None of our current predicament should be put on Dean Pay. He’s played and bled for our club and it was always expected that once Des and the previous board were kicked out we were going to be facing a number of tough years right up until the end of 2020 when we would put most of the previous boards mistakes behind us. We need to shed a number of players NOT the coach. We have 11 off contract and of those the only one I’d re sign is Adam Elliot. Foran has to GO as he was a previous board signing, is past his best and would free up a shit load of money. Borderline players that are off contract, in other words 50/50 if we keep the or not, would be Cogger, RFM, Harper & Wakeham. I’d let Tolman go, to slow for the NRL. Holland is having a bad year so should be told he can look around as are a few others off contract who should be let go.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What makes me laugh is these blokes are prepared to put their loyalty to pay before what’s best for the club and we’re not real fans.... apparently lol
What makes me laugh even harder is you and Bilal following me around the forum like a pair of degenerates. Has the Mrs stopped sleeping with you? Surely there’s a more productive way to utilise your spare time? PM me if you wanna get the ball rolling on your football club membership.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Folks on the silvertails want us to sign Barrett..... that can't be good.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack Cogger, Adam Elliott, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Kieran Foran, Morgan Harper, Kerrod Holland, Marcelo Montoya, Sauaso Sue, Isaiah Tass, Aiden Tolman, Brandon Wakeham

11 players off contract.

Foran, Montoya, Sue, Tass, Tolman and Holland should all be moved on for starters.

Elliott from that list should be the only player re signed and the rest in that list given the option to look around or be given a 1 year extension.

I’d also allow Napa to shop around as he was and is a terrible signing for our club.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Barrett isn't the right choice. One of Griffin, Wane, Lam or Fitzgibbon if available would be better choices.

I think Barrett is a very good assistant and attacking coach but struggles to handle the top job and the pressure/politics that comes with it as evidenced at Manly.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add ogre to that he been in the roosters system last couple of years he would add something to the side both O’Meley and Mason coached nsws 18s I think they must have some kind of coaching knowledge if they got that gig

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What makes me laugh even harder is you and Bilal following me around the forum like a pair of degenerates. Has the Mrs stopped sleeping with you? Surely there’s a more productive way to utilise your spare time? PM me if you wanna get the ball rolling on your football club membership.
would you like to place a bet on that ?

asking for a mate...