News Barrett

Bacon_Muffin

Waterboy
Reaction score
Don't want Barrett here at all, we won't improve under him.

He took over from Toovey at Manly after he had them in the finals and was sacked after just missing out in his last year.
Barrett did ok to start but almost got the wooden spoon which I don't think has ever happened at Manly.

He may of blooded the Turbo boys but whoever was the coach would have, they bleed Manly.

Is Brian Smith still around, he seems to do well at rebuilds.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He
correct me if im wrong, but didn't Barrett blood the turbo bothers, and didn't Barrett build the current squad that DES took over. So its barretts team that's excelling at Manly not Des team...
he came after des fucked Them
And bob fulton and barrett fixed manlys cap and they flicked barrett to bring in des again who fucked manly back in 12 with his back ended contracts manly will be in shit again soon enough

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Barrett is the target to help give us an edge in recruiting Penrith players then I'm all for it.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very strong rumours he is signed and sealed but won’t announce it till later. Take it with a pinch of salt as I’m sick to death of so many rumours but if this is true then fuck me. We sign a average coach with an average coach. This board are totally fucked

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about the England coach with Barrett (backs) and Ennis (forwards) as assistant coaches ? Or get Walters with Barrett as assistant then we get some benefits in attracting both young Qld and Panthers players. I can't see Barrett as head coach given his record with Manly.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about the England coach with Barrett (backs) and Ennis (forwards) as assistant coaches ? Or get Walters with Barrett as assistant then we get some benefits in attracting both young Qld and Panthers players. I can't see Barrett as head coach given his record with Manly.
Great idea. But Walters is definitely a attractive coach for players but Barrett’s known to have A ego too

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No incentive for him to leave panthers for another assistant coach gig at other club

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There's no point saying get this person or that person as an assistant, coaches will pretty much want to pick and choose most of it not all of their staff.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Still to busy celebrating pay not being extended to worry about barret but fuck me hasn’t the board smashed the panic button lol
Dumb *****

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Barrett comes across as an Elliott type. The type that loves a drink and a dare. I'm sure he got done for stripping down to his jocks and did push ups in front patrons once upon his playing career lol.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Barrett coming and Nathan Brown as his assistant and Chief face slapper.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Barrett not any better fuck
Get a real coach if ya sacking pay
Yeah I'm skeptical as well. But I have to laugh at these threads...

Anyone else but Moore
Anyone else but Hasler
Anyone else but Pay
Anyone else but Barrett
Anyone else but...?

Lol gotta love this place.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
y
It's wrong to give Barrett credit for the Turbo brothers when they are born and bread at Manly
Its also wrong comparing des recent success to barrets at manly. Lets see how des goes now with no t turbo in his prime at his disposal. Watch the losses start stacking up and des ball set in without his match winner.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I'm skeptical as well. But I have to laugh at these threads...

Anyone else but Moore
Anyone else but Hasler
Anyone else but Pay
Anyone else but Barrett
Anyone else but...?

Lol gotta love this place.
I think Barrett better than pay, we just need a new face an fresh change. Can’t get any worse than pay an that’s a fact.!!!