Andrew Webster (SMH)

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used Elliott as an example because he is "one" which disproves the "no one" claims, one that is hard to argue hasn't improved even for the whinging negative nellies. I can easily put up my opinion of those that have improved in my view, for example RFM and To'omaga I see improvements in many aspects of their games. Just like CHN, he was much improved for us last year over his form previously, if only he'd kept his dick in his pants we might have seen even more improvement this year. Wakeham is another, he's coming along very nicely and was promoted at probably the right time for him to show it. IMHO Meaney is much better on the wing than he was when he came on board. I'd agree with you on JMK, tries his guts out every week, plays himself to a standstill, can't knock his effort. Hopoate, is well Hopoate, solid reliable hardly ever plays a bad game, I don't think anyone would say that he has regressed.

I don't think we can escape the reality that we have a lot of players that simply don't have any improvement in them, they have plateaued. Ogden is my prime example of that, he occasionally show promise but then his training and conditioning discipline lets him down. Jackson I don't think has regressed as a player, I think he just suffers from the burden of being captain. I don't think he has been the playing at the same level since he took over the job. Some people thrive when they are made captain but to me it looks like an extra weight that he has to carry.

All just my opinion of course.
Go Dogs
RFM went backwards also - He was not good last year.
He has been great this year but again it was a contract year and his improvement this year has paid off.
Wakeham was terrible against the tigers but yes, I agree had his best game last week..
Hoppa has always been a good player, he hasnt regressed, but he hasnt improved whereas I think he would have elsewhere.

Ogden is a disappointment - Showed promise and I believe would kill it under Bellamy or Robinson.
I do think Jackson has regressed as a player and whether or not that is due to the captaincy (Which I happen to agree with you), then the coach should recognise that and take action.

Therefore, I feel the net result is regression.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what an idiot would say but it's up to you.
Hahaha really?
Mate, I just know when someone doesnt have the common sense to see it for what it really is.
I have better things to do that to go around in circles explaining it to you.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hahaha really?
Mate, I just know when someone doesnt have the common sense to see it for what it really is.
I have better things to do that to go around in circles explaining it to you.
You're not explaining anything to me because you're wrong and not going to change my mind so it's probably for the best, yeah. I do think it's weird two people can have completely opposite opinions. Both people adamant that the other is delusional. It's weird how that works.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah, you just proved my point. Thanks.
Come back to me next year. Tell me what I said was wrong. I'll tell you I'm arrogant, you don't need to prove that.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We've only been flogged three times this year. Two of those were against top four sides (Manly aren't anymore with Turbo out). We were competitive against the Roosters (premiership favourites, difference in rosters night and day) after the first 25 minutes. The Tigers game was disappointing but it was self inflicted (e.g. errors that lead straight to tries). We're 1/8 but we're not going as bad as we should be imo. Eels, Cowboys, Sharks and Rabbitohs (without Hopoate) were all winnable games. We also flogged the Dragons. That's pretty good for what's expected from us and the cattle we have.
We are stone cold motherless last man!!

We can’t literally go any lower

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We are stone cold motherless last man!!

We can’t literally go any lower
How about you tell me what you disagree with from my post. Break it down sentence by sentence.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come back to me next year. Tell me what I said was wrong. I'll tell you I'm arrogant, you don't need to prove that.
What point have you actually made for me to call you out on next year though?
All you've contributed is pointless dribble and now that several people are calling you out on it, you are getting salty.
Let me know if I missed something though cause I get bored when I read your replies now so I tend to just scan them instead of reading them properly.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
RFM went backwards also - He was not good last year.
He has been great this year but again it was a contract year and his improvement this year has paid off.
Wakeham was terrible against the tigers but yes, I agree had his best game last week..
Hoppa has always been a good player, he hasnt regressed, but he hasnt improved whereas I think he would have elsewhere.
Ogden is a disappointment - Showed promise and I believe would kill it under Bellamy or Robinson.
I do think Jackson has regressed as a player and whether or not that is due to the captaincy (Which I happen to agree with you), then the coach should recognise that and take action.
Therefore, I feel the net result is regression.
On Ogden, he appears to me to be somewhat like a Kasiano (in miniature), he needs bulk to make an impact but then he is a big liability in defence with very poor lateral movement. That improves when he looses the bulk but then his impact goes out the door with it. Even Bellamy couldn't fix Kas.

With regards to the net result, we can debate that down to the 30th player. I truly believe there would be a huge jump in many players if we can add 3 or 4 strike, gun, quality players for next year, they will lift those around them. But I think I proved my point, there are players who have improved which is what I was all about, refuting the "no one has improved" bullshit that many sprout.

Go Dogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What point have you actually made for me to call you out on next year though?
All you've contributed is pointless dribble and now that several people are calling you out on it, you are getting salty.
Let me know if I missed something though cause I get bored when I read your replies now so I tend to just scan them instead of reading them properly.
You didn't like this post:
"I'm of the belief that we overachieved last year. If you don't believe that, maybe that's why you think players are going backwards? I'm fine with where Hopoate, DWZ, Foran, Wakeham, RFM and Elliott are at. Reimis has gone backwards, but he went backwards last year. Jackson isn't getting involved for whatever reason. You could say Hopoate and RFM are improved. Wakeham had his best game last week. The rest of the players aren't going to be in the 13 next year. This season is going exactly how it was expected to. I think we're unlucky to not have a couple of extra wins next to our name (those winnable games I mentioned earlier). If we continue to play how we have been (we have lost Hopoate and now Elliott for the season which is massive) I think we'll avoid the wooden spoon which was the objective this season."

Your reply was:
"Okay Brad."

A reply like that accepts defeat in an argument. It shows me that you're unable to break down the points I'm laying out. There are plenty more points in this thread alone so come to me in 2021 and tell me what I got wrong (imo it'd be far less than you).

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You'd kind of hope that a bloke in his 5th year of first grade was showing some type of improvements.

You could be right and Pay bought out the best in Adam this year or he might have finally found his feet in the NRL after years of inconsistent football. He's still got plenty to work on mind you.
Future Origin player??!! Fuck I hope so bwaaaaaa

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You didn't like this post:
"I'm of the belief that we overachieved last year. If you don't believe that, maybe that's why you think players are going backwards? I'm fine with where Hopoate, DWZ, Foran, Wakeham, RFM and Elliott are at. Reimis has gone backwards, but he went backwards last year. Jackson isn't getting involved for whatever reason. You could say Hopoate and RFM are improved. Wakeham had his best game last week. The rest of the players aren't going to be in the 13 next year. This season is going exactly how it was expected to. I think we're unlucky to not have a couple of extra wins next to our name (those winnable games I mentioned earlier). If we continue to play how we have been (we have lost Hopoate and now Elliott for the season which is massive) I think we'll avoid the wooden spoon which was the objective this season."
Yes, but my argument was not that we will get the wooden spoon, my argument this whole time is that in a general sense, players have not improved across the board (minus a small number of exceptions).
When you say that we should come back to you and praise you for being right because you said we will avoid the spoon is ridiculous - You dont have to be Nostradamus to make a tiny prediction that we simply wont finish last.

Also, I don't ever recall you saying we would be 1 from 9 this year and sitting dead last, so its hard to believe that this season is going 'exactly how it was expected to'.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How about you tell me what you disagree with from my post. Break it down sentence by sentence.
Sorry man but you are so deluded with the current ‘reality’ of the club that you are now obsessed with being right

Numbers don’t lie

Last in every important stat category including the spot on the table

But you keep going hard with excuses on how we lost each game

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes, but my argument was not that we will get the wooden spoon, my argument this whole time is that in a general sense, players have not improved across the board (minus a small number of exceptions).
When you say that we should come back to you and praise you for being right because you said we will avoid the spoon is ridiculous - You dont have to be Nostradamus to make a tiny prediction that we simply wont finish last.

Also, I don't ever recall you saying we would be 1 from 9 this year and sitting dead last, so its hard to believe that this season is going 'exactly how it was expected to'.
Realistic expectations: 15th.
Heart: 12th.
I echo'd that all preseason. A lot of you didn't like it. Looks like I was right again tho...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sorry man but you are so deluded with the current ‘reality’ of the club that you are now obsessed with being right

Numbers don’t lie

Last in every important stat category including the spot on the table

But you keep going hard with excuses on how we lost each game
That's another defeat for you. Please don't reply to me ever again.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On Ogden, he appears to me to be somewhat like a Kasiano (in miniature), he needs bulk to make an impact but then he is a big liability in defence with very poor lateral movement. That improves when he looses the bulk but then his impact goes out the door with it. Even Bellamy couldn't fix Kas.

With regards to the net result, we can debate that down to the 30th player. I truly believe there would be a huge jump in many players if we can add 3 or 4 strike, gun, quality players for next year, they will lift those around them. But I think I proved my point, there are players who have improved which is what I was all about, refuting the "no one has improved" bullshit that many sprout.

Go Dogs
Your point on Ogden is fair, though he looked OK last year and was bending the line well in attack, something most of our pack struggle to do.

When it comes to seeing a lift in the team by injecting 4 strike/gun/experienced players, this isnt the coach improving players though, this is the players improving by learning from the experience/talent of these gun players and being buoyed by their confidence, it cannot really be attributed to the coach improving that player's game.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club is a shambles, it's obvious that there is infighting, power plays, and egos out of control. We have become like manly or parra in their worst days.

No decent coach is going to come anywhere near us until the board situation is sorted. It's like trying to win a rowing race with half your oarsmen facing the wrong way.
Until anderson mainly chris is muzzled

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Last week on 360 Reynolds was going to cost us 100k for this season, than hoops writes 400k now it's 300k. Shows every story with the same agenda can't even get that fact straight. So many story's coming out of Belmore something has to give.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't wait to see this forum go into meltdown when Pay gets a 1 or 2yr deal. I will be supporting him. Hopefully the rest of you hand your jerseys in and go support someone else.
Hopefully you choke on deans dick before that happens