BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully all you chat ***** pick up your hygiene game after coronavirus

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think nsw will have out break soon,to many Mexicans crossed the boarder
3 new cases in the ACT today...here it comes - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-08/act-records-three-new-coronavirus-cases/12434772

Three Canberra residents from the same household have tested positive for coronavirus, a month after the last known positive case in the territory, ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr has confirmed.

All three cases are linked to the outbreak in Victoria, where more than 100 new cases were recorded today.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well life for me here in Melbourne is back to where we started sadly.

People were taking the piss by the end of it with protests, security guards fucking corona people in isolation etc.

I dont mind personally. I've enjoyed this new life.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well life for me here in Melbourne is back to where we started sadly.

People were taking the piss by the end of it with protests, security guards fucking corona people in isolation etc.

I dont mind personally. I've enjoyed this new life.
Some people were practicing social distancing before social distancing was a thing :tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
3 new cases in the ACT today...here it comes - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-08/act-records-three-new-coronavirus-cases/12434772

Three Canberra residents from the same household have tested positive for coronavirus, a month after the last known positive case in the territory, ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr has confirmed.

All three cases are linked to the outbreak in Victoria, where more than 100 new cases were recorded today.
They could have just nuked Victoria. Now it's too late.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Serious question, anyone here been tested for corona? How long do the results take?

My professors say it's not needed but my GP is pushing for me to do it. Does he get paid per test?

Can't see why else he would want to override Professors.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Serious question, anyone here been tested for corona? How long do the results take?

My professors say it's not needed but my GP is pushing for me to do it. Does he get paid per test?

I have not been tested despite work extending the offer.

There are a few different test modalities, @ASSASSIN ...
Turn around time (TAT) should be no more than 24 hours (for the majority of samples) from the time the swab reaches lab.
Actual testing time could be from minutes for the antibody assay (result indicates whether you have been infected, not whether you have the virus) to 3-6 hours for the viral genome workflow. Delays are likely due to inconclusive results were clinic requests a re-test rather than releasing false-positive or false-negative.

I believe there are also diagnostics implementing CRISPR tools which are likely much more rapid (a quick search reveals yes - https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01402-9).

Very much doubt anyone would receive monetary incentives to test, your GP is probably mindful of medical malpractice more than anything - pushing anyone with sniffles to get tested.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I have not been tested despite work extending the offer.

There are a few different test modalities, @ASSASSIN ...
Turn around time (TAT) should be no more than 24 hours (for the majority of samples) from the time the swab reaches lab.
Actual testing time could be from minutes for the antibody assay (result indicates whether you have been infected, not whether you have the virus) to 3-6 hours for the viral genome workflow. Delays are likely due to inconclusive results were clinic requests a re-test rather than releasing false-positive or false-negative.

I believe there are also diagnostics implementing CRISPR tools which are likely much more rapid (a quick search reveals yes - https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01402-9).

Very much doubt anyone would receive monetary incentives to test, your GP is probably mindful of medical malpractice more than anything - pushing anyone with sniffles to get tested.
Thanks for the info sis.

If I showed even a mild case of one of the symptoms I'd get tested.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ban international flights asap, let no one in.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info sis.

If I showed even a mild case of one of the symptoms I'd get tested.
That's the way Mr! Glad to hear you're fighting fit and not drinking the bleach :grinning:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

I haven't been tested for Corona but I've tested a few Coronas during the pandemic :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.