John Bateman

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can’t see Bateman coming here

Any father on here would sympathise with him needing to be back with his daughter (and especially if the money at Wigan is comparable) it’s a no brainer

He has nothing to prove as a player in the NRL seeing he was influential in getting the Raiders to the GF and Dally M second rower of the year

He’s still got plenty to prove as a father by the sounds

Chuck the fkn bank at Fifita

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Any father on here would sympathise with him needing to be back with his daughter (and especially if the money at Wigan is comparable) it’s a no brainer

He has nothing to prove as a player in the NRL seeing he was influential in getting the Raiders to the GF and Dally M second rower of the year

Why would Ricky blast Moses today if he was leaving to go back home on compassionate grounds? What would that have to do with an agent? That’s a family thing with the player
Just seeing him react today tells me Moses got into Batemans ear and got him a better deal at another NRL. To me, that will be the only thing that would get Ricky pissed at a player agent

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Why would Ricky blast Moses today if he was leaving to go back home on compassionate grounds? What would that have to do with an agent? That’s a family thing with the player
Just seeing him react today tells me Moses got into Batemans ear and got him a better deal at another NRL. To me, that will be the only thing that would get Ricky pissed at a player agent
Tend to agree.

He would surely of just said unfortunately we can’t blame John for returning back to his family it’s hard to live on the other side of the world to his daughter etc.

Sounds like Bateman is just getting paid before he does go back like he kinda said his desires earlier. Capitalising on his prime years. Like someone else said he could get 3 years good money in nrl. Head back to uk paid and get another good deal home.

While I agree it seems selfish/money hungry: I actually said when he came out with that all earlier that I respect him for saying it not playing smoke and mirrors like klemmer did. He actually said when I’m retired and busted which club is going to come
And say here’s 200-300k for the kids study etc.

Also let’s be serious, if you have kids (I do) I would also want to be paid as much as I can to be away from them for a few years.

Don’t blame him.

Stevo316

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

bulldog Richie said because of some problems in England now that he can not make that kind of money in England at the moment.
so we could be a chance to get him

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol I swear dude you should have been a rapper.
Y'all acting like this Bateman brutha Is here in chains yo.
He came on free will! A lot of this '4 my kid' thang is just playing it up for PR.

You best believe that.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you calling done deal then?
Not done deal because of the dragon element, and we as a club are fighting with Moses. But I don't think he's going back to England.

Firstly, everyone is dying of Covid over there.He won't be able to do much because all the pubs are closed and shopkeepers dead etc
Secondly, the ESL is a bit unstable right now.
Thirdly, he's already here.
Fourthly, The daughter thing is more PR. Remember he left her originally.He was comfortable over there.
Fifthly, he has a bitch, and unless he low key hates her, she is a a reason to stay. Guy loves pussy.
Sixthly, Wigan can't fit him as a marquee next year. Burgess has another marquee year to go on contract. If he waits a year the offer will increase.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol I swear dude you should have been a rapper.
I am one.
'EB18 he be hatin on the bitch rapin dragon slayin st George club. He gettin that Rub, and tug, from the wife of they main *****, Da little runt, Ben Hunt, who dropped that punt, in the grand final. This song available on vinyl."

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we are truly the "Family club" then that's the deal breaker. That's what we did better than others once upon a long time ago.
are you suggesting we also sign his Dad on a package deal? Great hands and strong defender apparently
Could slot in at 6
Known as Master Bateman

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
do hope we get him but also good on ricky for speaking his mind and giving moses a spray, the blokes a germ

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
$2 Mil for 3 years is a steal but I find it hard to believe that it’s accurate. Reigning Dally M back rower of the year right? From a team that nearly won the Comp to the cellar dwellers with speculation around the coach. Something doesn’t add up.
His idiot manager that is now banned fucked it raiders offered him $750k a year but retracted it the way his manager carried on so we are offering him $770k

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Can’t see anyone WANTING to coming here, with this coach an Board,unless it’s sorted out real quick. It’s a rabble , and that is an understatement at the moment.!!

Last edited:

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not done deal because of the dragon element, and we as a club are fighting with Moses. But I don't think he's going back to England.

Firstly, everyone is dying of Covid over there.He won't be able to do much because all the pubs are closed and shopkeepers dead etc
Secondly, the ESL is a bit unstable right now.
Thirdly, he's already here.
Fourthly, The daughter thing is more PR. Remember he left her originally.He was comfortable over there.
Fifthly, he has a bitch, and unless he low key hates her, she is a a reason to stay. Guy loves pussy.
Sixthly, Wigan can't fit him as a marquee next year. Burgess has another marquee year to go on contract. If he waits a year the offer will increase.
Classy mate ( I’m being sarcastic if you even know what that means )

I find it a bit rich that you of all people are judging the ESL of being “unstable” take a good hard look in the mirror on that one.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Classy mate ( I’m being sarcastic if you even know what that means )

I find it a bit rich that you of all people are judging the ESL of being “unstable” take a good hard look in the mirror on that one.
im just stating straight fact.
The whole thang may collapse due to Corona, or salaries reduced.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just don’t know about Fifita hey...
Last time we made someone who was talked about as the best forward we’ve ever seen our marquee and highest paid player, he caught a plane on a Wednesday night to France. Dogged us. His manager pulled those strings too. Sounds like this bloke’s manager is a scum bag too.

anytime a forward is made a marquee and not a playmaker, they realize they can put the talent around them over the line and start to throw the toys out of the cot because the club can’t afford a lot of the blokes who help make them look as good (halves)
Taumalolo excluded....

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just don’t know about Fifita hey...
Last time we made someone who was talked about as the best forward we’ve ever seen our marquee and highest paid player, he caught a plane on a Wednesday night to France. Dogged us. His manager pulled those strings too. Sounds like this bloke’s manager is a scum bag too.

anytime a forward is made a marquee and not a playmaker, they realize they can put the talent around them over the line and start to throw the toys out of the cot because the club can’t afford a lot of the blokes who help make them look as good (halves)
Taumalolo excluded....
Fifita isn’t coming. He was never coming. Just to get him away from the Broncos the Titans have had to publicly state that they’d offer him $5mil over 5 years and would also go $10mil over 10 years if that’s what he wanted. Imagine what it would take to get him away from his family and the gold coast / Brisbane life style... over $1.2 mil a season easy and plus the rest. He was never coming and won’t be coming.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
honestly have we ever been linked to fifita