News Dean Pay pleads for Bulldogs fans' faith as club eagerly seek roster improvements

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
upload_2020-6-29_12-29-4.png
16th - 5 wins - -220

Gains: Ese'ese, Griffin, Guerra, Heighington, Lillyman, Moga, Pearce, Ponga, Watson
upload_2020-6-29_12-30-19.png
11th - 9 wins - -193

Gains: Gavet, Glasby, Hunt, Klemmer, Lee, Lino, Mann, Ramien
upload_2020-6-29_12-33-48.png
11th - 10 wins - -37

Gains: Brailey, McCullough, Shibasaki, Tuala
upload_2020-6-29_12-36-27.png
5th - 4 wins - +49

The first year Nathan Brown had top eight expectations was in 2019. Brown failed to meet expectations and he was sacked because of it. Brown also lost the dressing room. No top coach would touch Knights until they had "the roster" which was in 2019.

Whereabouts are we? I'd say the Knights 2018. We don't have a Ponga or Pearce either. We also have a lot more salary cap going into one season to spend.

Last edited:

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who the heck is making the decisions at the club? "Young guys"? Stop with the "young guys" nonsense. They are all adults. Three years and who has Dean Pay developed? No-one by yesterday's performance. In fact players have gone backwards. Buy some quality players? Much of the squad has come in since this clown was made the ringmaster. And we get thoroughly out played and well beaten by a bog average squad who haven't featured in finals football for some years. How did the decision makers let the captain of our SG Ball team play a key role in beating us yesterday playing for Wests? Who let Holbrook slip through the net and become coach of the Gold Coast? From his post game media performances is Dean Pay even literate? Pay is a coach who keeps telling the world his players are no good. Great motivation and support for the team hey coach? Talk about lack of loyalty. Certainly a lack of coaching acumen 101. 3 years!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Whereabouts are we? I'd say the Knights 2018. We don't have a Ponga or Pearce either. We also have a lot more salary cap going into one season to spend, probably more than the Knights did in 2018, 2019 and 2020 combined.
I think you may be overestimating, our 2020 side would struggle to beat Kniggits 2017 side. Definitely couldn't beat their 2018 side.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who the heck is making the decisions at the club? "Young guys"? Stop with the "young guys" nonsense. They are all adults. Three years and who has Dean Pay developed? No-one by yesterday's performance. In fact players have gone backwards. Buy some quality players? Much of the squad has come in since this clown was made the ringmaster. And we get thoroughly out played and well beaten by a bog average squad who haven't featured in finals football for some years. How did the decision makers let the captain of our SG Ball team play a key role in beating us yesterday playing for Wests? Who let Holbrook slip through the net and become coach of the Gold Coast? From his post game media performances is Dean Pay even literate? Pay is a coach who keeps telling the world his players are no good. Great motivation and support for the team hey coach? Talk about lack of loyalty. Certainly a lack of coaching acumen 101. 3 years!
Elliott looks better than any year previous...but its contract year and he has visions of grandeur that he'll get Chricton/Radley/Jurbo money from someone else.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think you may be overestimating, our 2020 side would struggle to beat Kniggits 2017 side. Definitely couldn't beat their 2018 side.
If that's the case than why are people getting upset and blaming anything other than the current players (even that is probably unfair) and past board that we're not winning games.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ese'ese, Guerra, Moga, Pearce, Ponga, Watson, Glasby, Hunt, Klemmer, Lee, Mann, Brailey, McCullough, Shibasaki, Tuala

vs

Meaney, Cogger, Sue, CHN (lol), Crichton, Napa, DWZ, Stimson, Britt, Katoa

Even this isn't comparable.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Elliott looks better than any year previous...but its contract year and he has visions of grandeur that he'll get Chricton/Radley/Jurbo money from someone else.
Elliot is better this year I agree - but he is not an elite play - good luck to him if he can big money buti hope the Dogs are not paying it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Young guys is just a weak excuse that they can come up with.

Pathetic.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Fuk mate, we knew 3 years ago we needed the signings. Remember we got rid of all those players so we could??

You fukin bore me!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd also just like to say I don't buy the young squad. Pay's just saying that to protect players. Pay can't come out and say I have a bunch of average or below average players that aren't good enough, especially when he knew this was going to be the case when he took the job.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fuk mate, we knew 3 years ago we needed the signings. Remember we got rid of all those players so we could??

You fukin bore me!
That wasn't why we got rid of all those players. We got rid of all those players so we'd be cap complaint and able to recruit for 2021 (it could of been a lot worse). Don't come at me unless you know what you're talking about. We lost all of our best players and replaced them with: Meaney, Cogger, Sue, CHN (lol), Crichton, Napa, DWZ, Stimson, Britt, Katoa. We have to spend at least 95% of our salary cap.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'd also just like to say I don't buy the young squad. Pay's just saying that to protect players. Pay can't come out and say I have a bunch of average or below average players that aren't good enough, especially when he knew this was going to be the case when he took the job.
But by saying we need 4 players is indirectly saying our players are shit.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that's the case than why are people getting upset and blaming anything other than the current players (even that is probably unfair) and past board that we're not winning games.
Cos the coach isn't helping anything with his selections, interchanges or tactics. The players aren't helping with their football stupidity, lack of backing up, lack of effort getting back to marker.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
That wasn't why we got rid of all those players. We got rid of all those players so we'd be cap complaint and able to recruit for 2021 (it could of been a lot worse). Don't come at me unless you know what you're talking about. We lost all of our best players and replaced them with: Meaney, Cogger, Sue, CHN (lol), Crichton, Napa, DWZ, Stimson, Britt, Katoa. We have to spend at least 95% of our salary cap.
What are you smokin? Who the fuk "came at you"? You'd fukin know it if I was mate.

We were told that players had to go to be compliant and to free money for signings on the horizon. That horizon is here and we're linked to shit and pathetically enough players we already let go. Now we will spend the money upgrading contracts of the reserve grade team we have so we can be 95% because no **** wants to play for us.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What are you smokin? Who the fuk "came at you"? You'd fukin know it if I was mate.

We were told that players had to go to be compliant and to free money for signings on the horizon. That horizon is here and we're linked to shit and pathetically enough players we already let go. Now we will spend the money upgrading contracts of the reserve grade team we have so we can be 95% because no c*** wants to play for us.
No, we had very little to spend until 2021 (that's evident on who we've actually signed for 2019 and 2020 and having to spend 95% of our salary cap, most if not all our re-signings were for 2021 on wards). I agree with all the re-signings maybe bar Lewis (at the time I did). We still have Elliott and Wakeham to come. I just showed you the Knights and you're still saying players won't come play for us, what are you smoking? You don't speak any facts and just dribble myths.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No, we had very little to spend until 2021 (that's evident on who we've actually signed for 2019 and 2020 and having to spend 95% of our salary cap, most if not all our re-signings were for 2021 on wards). I agree with all the re-signings maybe bar Lewis (at the time I did). We still have Elliott and Wakeham to come. I just showed you the Knights and you're still saying players won't come play for us, what are you smoking? You don't speak any facts and just dribble myths.
We haven't been linked to shit either, Cotric and Bateman are two of the best players in their positions.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I wasn't even responding to you in my first post. Know idea what your floating on about as I didn't read your posts.... Exclude me from your rant atm please.