News Bulldogs reportedly set to target Nick Cotric, Harry Grant as part of club overhaul

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a string of disappointing seasons, the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are looking to overhaul their roster, with Raiders winger Nick Cotric and Tigers hooker Harry reportedly their main targets for 2021.

The club has already shown their intent to transform their squad, recruiting English international Luke Thompson, who has already joined the Bulldogs after receiving an early release from St Helens.

“They had a board meeting on Tuesday that got a lot of airtime…one of things they talked about at that meeting was recruitment and retention and they identified some targets,” he told Triple M Rocks Footy.

“Nick Cotric is the latest one to come on their radar. He’s off-contract at the end of the year, he wants to play in the centres and that’s a sticking point for Canberra because they have Jarrod Croker and Curtis Scott on pretty good money.

The talk is that he wants around the $600,000 mark and I don't think Canberra are willing to go that far because they see him as a winger.

“Canterbury need centres and they have money to spend so they have reached out to Nick Cotric’s management this week and there is a definite interest in him to help out their backline."

The Bulldogs have also been heavily pursuing Raiders backrower John Bateman, who has been given permission to negotiate with other clubs.

Whilst Bateman has indicated that he will likely head back home to England if he decides to leave the Raiders, Read suggests that the Bulldogs are eager to keep the premiership pair on the same team.
“Johnny Bateman is the other guy that they are keen on, they have been a three-year offer to Bateman. The Raiders are under siege from Canterbury and I think they have a real fight on their hands to keep if not John Bateman but definitely Nick Cotric,” he said.

Along with this, the Bulldogs look set to swoop in on Tigers hooker Harry Grant if he opts out of his deal with the Storm.

Grant is currently on loan at the Tigersand has an option on his deal that allows him to enter the open market if Cameron Smith decides to play on in 2021.

However, the Tigers are set to be met with fierce opposition from the Bulldogs, with Read revealing that they have been targeting the 22-year-old for the past two seasons.
However, the Tigers are set to be met with fierce opposition from the Bulldogs, with Read revealing that they have been targeting the 22-year-old for the past two seasons.

“Everyone assumes that if Cameron Smith goes around again, then the Wests Tigers will go in hard for Harry Grant and he will stay there,” he said.

“Canterbury have actually tried for the past two years to sign Grant and they obviously haven’t had any luck but there is still interest in Harry Grant.

“If Cam Smith decides to go around next year and Grant is able to use that get-out clause in his contract, the Wests Tigers won't have it their own way and Canterbury will come in very hard for Harry Grant."

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wants an needs are different, but we both want and need these two.. so much so it will be a fairy tale pipe dream.. won’t believe anything I hear until it is.. signed/sealed and delivered.!!!!!

to have a better chance for these two, the board needs to get rid of pay, get a proven coach. And show them this club is moving forward and in a good direction for success.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Can we give Lewis to the Storm in exchange for Grant?
I mentioned this on Facebook and someone replied saying the was Lewis has played he's played himself out of any interest haha. Hopefully Bellamy is still keen lol

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nab all 3, get in on Burton. Keep Foran for 2 year 2nd in our favour for power fee then we are starting to look decent...

Averillo
DWZ
Hoppa
Cortic
Smith
Burton
Foran
Thompson
Grant
To’Omaga
Bateman
Jackson
Elliot

Wakeham
RFM
Tolman
Napa

money permitting I’d be sniffing around either of the 3 Coates, Rona or Koroibete too

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, huge news if we can snag some of those names.

I feel theres definitely talent in our roster, we just don't have the staff to get the best out of them.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sign grant and cotric then we have addressed two issues for fucking years.
Cotric isn’t and nor will ever be a centre
He’s a rubbish centre
Very good winger
Furthermore 600k bahahahaha
We are desperate but not that desperate
Cotric barely knows how to pass

grant and bateman I’m all for but cotric I’ll pass
Jason Saab
Nick Hynes
Isaako as a winger only
Herbie Farnworth
Tesi niu if still avail

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we sign cotric which i doubt, we still need to sign another centre.

Our main targets should be.
1 grant
2. Burton
3. Bateman
4. Cotric coates moga aitken hiku etc

remis would not be a starting winger at any other nrl club let alone centre

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on dogs, don't think about it, just do it.
Cotric is not a centre, is demanding ridiculous money.
According to Read, we’ve targeted Grant on several occasions- why would our next attempt be successful? Given he’d rather go on loan as part of player swap than sign with us?
Bateman? One position we’re well stocked in is edge forwards given he’s having a shoulder surgery- move on........another demanding $$$$$ overs

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cotric is not a centre, is demanding ridiculous money.
According to Read, we’ve targeted Grant on several occasions- why would our next attempt be successful? Given he’d rather tho on loan as part of player swap than sign with us?
Bateman? One position we’re well stocked in is edge forwards given he’s having a shoulder surgery- move on........another demanding $$$$$ overs
What edge forwards do we have that are actually good?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cotric isn’t and nor will ever be a centre
He’s a rubbish centre
Very good winger
Furthermore 600k bahahahaha
We are desperate but not that desperate
Cotric barely knows how to pass

grant and bateman I’m all for but cotric I’ll pass
Jason Saab
Nick Hynes
Isaako as a winger only
Herbie Farnworth
Tesi niu if still avail
Isaako is overrated as is Niu. Cotric is a centre though who's done what's best for the team playing wing. I for one thought he was very good in his few games at centre before he got injured. Your allowed to not like him but he's not a rubbish centre... Remis Smith now that's a rubbish centre

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we sign cotric which i doubt, we still need to sign another centre.

Our main targets should be.
1 grant
2. Burton
3. Bateman
4. Cotric coates moga aitken hiku etc

remis would not be a starting winger at any other nrl club let alone centre
It's looking like Averillo will be our fullback long term, Hopoate short term. When that swap happens we don't need a centre anymore (obviously after we sign one for next year - Cotric hopefully). Regardless, Hopoate won't be a long term fullback.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Isaako is overrated as is Niu. Cotric is a centre though who's done what's best for the team playing wing. I for one thought he was very good in his few games at centre before he got injured. Your allowed to not like him but he's not a rubbish centre... Remis Smith now that's a rubbish centre
You’ve called niu overrated after 2.5 nrl games
I don’t need to say more About that

I agree with your last sentence though 1 million percent

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You’ve called niu overrated after 2.5 nrl games
I don’t need to say more About that

I agree with your last sentence though 1 million percent
Well everyone here shits on Dufty and he's shown lots of talent and scored many great tries but he's shit... Im saying Niu is overrated because some on here have gone on like he's the next best thing ... Recall hearing similar about Corey Allen lol. Anyways I'm glad you didn't fight the Isaako is overrated because he's pure shit... Played like ass last season too, but everyone forgot about that because he played 'so well' in that shitty world nines

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Either way Grant or Smith will be happy to be first choice hookers... Throw the bank at either.
I hope the board are reading this