Pay to be spared the axe for now... but Bulldogs’ $3m headache remains

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont need stupid inside information. I played under the slug. Good bloke, dud coach. Plays who he likes most not the strongest side. Nothings changed and it never will so go tell some **** who cares bud

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I dont need stupid inside information. I played under the slug. Good bloke, dud coach. Plays who he likes most not the strongest side. Nothings changed and it never will so go tell some c*** who cares bud
You say he likes Lewis so if it'll never change why isn't Lewis in our halves? Blah blah, I can already predict your shitty answer. You just got caught out saying you're backing pay in 2018. Another deluded one.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Because knights recruited well under brown, pay and this board just throw darts. Id take brown over pay anyday of the week. What have we built in our 3 shit years here, nothing ready. Brown built a talented side ready for a better coach to come finish the job. Pay is still picking reserve grade whingers to play centres in first grade when there were 10 better options. Your a clown ill give u that much
Speaking of whingers...:-).
Oh, you meant wingers. Right.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking the Board has put feelers out to Bellamy & Bennett (not just rumours) , now onto Robinson & Stuart.

Surely this decide after another 4 weeks can't be true.

If they all knock us back then it gets harder.

As has been mentioned Wane from England, Walters, Fitzgibbon, Griffin or even take a chance on someone like Ennis.

Otherwise its Toovey, Kearney, Georgallis, Cartwright, Dynmock, other ex NRL FG coaches, Walker Brothers, (tell me I have missed someone in particular, excluding Flanagan & Pay).

In addition other clubs will possibly be looking for new coaches also.

Not too concerned with a pommy adapting as the good coaches have adapted to the new 6 again rule quickly, so if hes any good he will also adapt.

If we can't score one of the top 4, then is a Pommy coach worth a shot?

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just a realist. We'd be the Titans for the next 100 years if some of your opinions were enforced.
hey Bradyk

do you celebrate how well we lose?

chanting like "we were the 2nd best in the match"

or your favourite "we are no.15, we are no.15"

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
hey Bradyk

do you celebrate how well we lose?

chanting like "we were the 2nd best in the match"

or your favourite "we are no.15, we are no.15"
No I don't. I hate losing. I can't wait until next year. It has been a long two to three years. I've seen good signs to suggest we can do something next year so that's what keeps me motivated.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, with no spelling errors this time.

Congrats nasweed, make another thread so the whole forum can laugh at you, seeing that's all you're good for
Bulldogs fan here: you sound like a bitter ex..... did I sleep with your mrs or mum?

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't tell me that being predicted to get the wooden spoon before a ball was kicked and finishing 12th and three points out of the eight isn't overachieving.
I go on about paying overs as there isn't another logical way for a club in our position to recruit top players (and even rejects and opportunists that are wanted by other clubs in a better position than us).
From my perspective there is not an argument (besides nitpicking, which doesn't change the outcome overall) against either of these two points I've made.
I love the passion and energy you put in Brady. The season goes for 6 months though. Some teams improve, some teams get worse, some teams improve then get worse, others get worse then improve. Things happen. You can’t judge each game based on what Sportsbet predicted before the season or what ex-players or “experts” predict and just say we’re not meant to win any games and settle. That’s loser mentality. If anything it should be used as motivation. Otherwise the underdog would never win and sport wouldn’t be worth watching.

Also the game is played on the field, not on paper. You can’t predetermine the outcome of a game based on what team is on paper or what the odds are on a particular game. Way too many variables and again it’s just adhering to the loser mentality if that’s the excuse for not winning. Not the bulldogs way

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I love the passion and energy you put in Brady. The season goes for 6 months though. Some teams improve, some teams get worse, some teams improve then get worse, others get worse then improve. Things happen. You can’t judge each game based on what Sportsbet predicted before the season or what ex-players or “experts” predict and just say we’re not meant to win any games and settle. That’s loser mentality. If anything it should be used as motivation. Otherwise the underdog would never win and sport wouldn’t be worth watching.

Also the game is played on the field, not on paper. You can’t predetermine the outcome of a game based on what team is on paper or what the odds are on a particular game. Way too many variables and again it’s just adhering to the loser mentality if that’s the excuse for not winning. Not the bulldogs way
That's footy. Every game we go into we have a chance of winning, even if it's very small. I don't go into a game saying there's 0% chance we can win. I just set realistic expectations beforehand. For e.g. before the Roosters game started I didn't think we have 0% chance of winning, that was the same when we were down 24-0. Our team and coach has already picked up multiple wins where we were the underdog. A team can be good on paper but that doesn't mean they play well or consistent together (e.g. Dragons, Sharks). I factor all that in. It might not seem like it but I have competitive spirit.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate I get what your saying.but cmon those players you mentioned wouldn’t get picked in any other team.pay took over the job then had players taken away because of the cap situation.he didn’t get a year with the roster that des left behind.he didn’t sign foran.im not saying he has excelled.but to be fair on him he hasn’t had money to go spend on some quality players.lets not forget that korisau was a done deal he changed his mind to play under a coach who he had played under before which is fair enough.had he come to the dogs I think our results this year would have been a bit better.also no Canterbury cup so not like you can pick a player in form from the lower grades.we all knew that this year was going to be a write off.the salary cap that pay was left to work with saw to that.dont also forget madge took a look at our cap and said no thanks.
What does that have to do with one mans ability to coach what is front of him?Nearly three years mate,what would you achieve in that time?So what Madge did was right or the easy way out?
For the players I mentioned they had offers from other clubs and chose to go to the Dogs....Koroisau would have certainly made things better so he should have been made an offer to good to refuse.As for no CC sure that is a problem,but it is a problem every club has at the moment not just ours.
I didn’t know this year was going to be a write off as we finished last year strongly.Did you think the same at the end of 2019?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: you sound like a bitter ex..... did I sleep with your mrs or mum?

God, I hope not. Knowing you had anything to do with my mum would be enough for me to pop the cyanide pill.

You can't even think of any decent insults, all you've got is "so negative"

It really burns deep into the cockles nasweed, that burn is so deep it will never go away :tearsofjoy:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
@Glen Steale ,
You are right, Mcqueen would be an excellent pick up at the right price. Not as a marquee, just a hard nosed first grader. It was only 3 years ago he was playing for Australia.

I know we were interested in him last year and had talks with the Tigers to take hid contract on with a bit of freight paid for the tigers, but he didn't want to come for whatever reason.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You are hilarious. What nights do you perform at the Comedy club?

McQueen, Proctor, James (off a knee recon) and 34 years olds in Smith and Greene.
Player..... Smith is 37, not 34.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's the truth, you don't like hearing it? We're favourites to beat the Titans and maybe the Warriors, that's about it. That's what it was before a ball was kicked.
You are the perfect example of MEDIOCRITY SYMPATHISER

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So let's just say he miraculously survives and gets a 1 year extension, he buys who he wants and we make the finals. Will you be happy with that or call for his head?

BTW he never would get who "he wants", it will be who the "recruitment team wants".

Go Dogs
So you want me to answer when you claim he will never get who he wants? Obviously not trusted and respected enough to get who he wants.

He is clearly a dud who doesn't know how to coach and shown no improvement so yeah I will and I am calling for his head. You may be happy with fighting for the spoon every year with him but fuck that.

Every year he is here is a write off year so every year he is here I will call for his empty head.

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I dont kiss and tell. Maybe a few board members should have the same approach :kissingheart:
Haha. I didn’t think you knew who the mystery managers were :grinning: