Adam Elliot post game interview

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
wasn't Pay the defence coach at Canberra? He at least should be able to improve the defence.

No doubt we lose in D when Tolamn & Hopoate are not there.
The game has evolved...We haven't !!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's an absolute joke that they've re-signed the bulk of it, fucking shambles from the board.

Jackson @ 700k is embarrassing, you can get so many better players that are performing at a far higher level for that sort of coin. I'm not saying we should've re-signed Elliott, but doing so for a couple 100k less and going after a strike backrower would be a far better value.

Hopefully there's some sort of overhaul this off season with the coaching staff and we have a massive preseason and kids like Topine, Doorey, etc are fast tracked to the top grade because we need something different.
I guess they still had CHN in the plans with the strike back rower but now he is gone they are pretty much forced into letting Elliott go and playing Jackson in the middle.

Plowing over a million into Jackson/Elliott/C Smith is terrible list management.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I guess they still had CHN in the plans with the strike back rower but now he is gone they are pretty much forced into letting Elliott go and playing Jackson in the middle.

Plowing over a million into Jackson/Elliott/C Smith is terrible list management.
Forgot about Smith :tearsofjoy:

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we are going to have to let him go. There's no other position for him if Jacko plays lock, where he should've been the last 3years.... Anyhow, I got nothing against Elliot but there's not enough coin for him to be a benchy. Invest the coin in fafita

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s definitely hinting hes going to the highest bidder despite the club carrying his constant knock ons and penalties he gives away for the last 4 years

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
He’s definitely hinting hes going to the highest bidder despite the club carrying his constant knock ons and penalties he gives away for the last 4 years
He is hinting that he wants a contract that is in the ballpark of those offers. Doesn't mean we have to match it. Just be in that ballpark. Say 100K less. No idea of what sort of money is being thrown around. But that said, it's always a risk moving clubs.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where’s the interview? I couldn’t give a Fuk anymore who ever wants to leave should leave tho I can see it biting Us in the ass like every other player that’s left us under a better coach he’s big potential

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For his defence !
Our defence in the centres is terrible !!!
do you want him centre’s or club wanted him to play centres . Never heard about him refusing to play the position

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is hinting that he wants a contract that is in the ballpark of those offers. Doesn't mean we have to match it. Just be in that ballpark. Say 100K less. No idea of what sort of money is being thrown around. But that said, it's always a risk moving clubs.
That’s certainly not what i got out of it at all ,he even said the old ive got a family now and have to think with my head not my heart

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you're the best of a bad bunch, yeh he can ask for more

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That’s certainly not what i got out of it at all ,he even said the old ive got a family now and have to think with my head not my heart
Let's say we offer Elliott 400k and he gets an offer from the Knights for 500k or 600k, he's going to want more than 400k, more so 450-550k. If another team, especially a top team, is offering more than us we have to meet in the middle somewhere. I don't think we can afford to lose Elliott personally. I'm sick of losing players that'll bleed for us on the field. Not only that, he's our best forward and we're not going to be able to replace him with anyone around the same level/output for the same amount. I will be very disappointed with the board and recruitment team if Elliott isn't here in 2021.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Only if its the Titans.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More importantly we/ the powerbrokers need to more than ever this thursday make the right descion on our coaching future, its the reason why we havent resigned or signed other talent going forward.
Most here wanted pay to come on board when he was signed, as we can see now and some noted back then including myself,we need a coach with pulling power to attact topline talent who also has a good track record.
Otherwise its same old shit and more wasted years.
While i havent agreed with some of deans backline choices i have to commend him on the way he carries himself.
We need to move forward and move people on , coaches and players alike.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
More importantly we/ the powerbrokers need to more than ever this thursday make the right descion on our coaching future, its the reason why we havent resigned or signed other talent going forward.
Most here wanted pay to come on board when he was signed, as we can see now and some noted back then including myself,we need a coach with pulling power to attact topline talent who also has a good track record.
Otherwise its same old shit and more wasted years.
While i havent agreed with some of deans backline choices i have to commend him on the way he carries himself.
We need to move forward and move people on , coaches and players alike.
We need to make a decision now so if a top coach isn't available now we have to extend Pay for one more year. It isn't rocket science. Whoever our coach is we're paying overs for players. A top/super coach might save us a little bit, but again are they available?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Tricky one this.

He’s playing superb footy but from all reports he’s chasing in the area of 600k/season.

I think we need to prioritise our spending towards securing key spine position players, which I’d say would mean we can’t go paying Elliott the top dollar he’s after.

I’d rather we invest the cash in the spine. Averillo also off contract at the end of 2021, we should get on the front foot in topping up his deal with an early extension.

With Thompson joining the ranks I’m happy with our pack. Tolman looks like he’s got another good year in him, extend him a year on a cheap deal with either he or Thommo at lock. Some good young forwards coming through the ranks who’ll be cherry ripe for first grade by 2022.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tricky one this.

He’s playing superb footy but from all reports he’s chasing in the area of 600k/season.

I think we need to prioritise our spending towards securing key spine position players, which I’d say would mean we can’t go paying Elliott the top dollar he’s after.
you are correct it is tricky , he is worth keeping and you can see him kicking off at another club but what he probably is asking is overs.

it’s all well and good the recruitment strategy was to free as much and go on a big splurge BUT I don’t think management took into account
- the player market and existing roster are well aware that there is money in the kitty , they will all be asking for $$ from the pie as they know it’s available
- a player doing the hard yards during the shit times would want to be compensated during the good times ( ie think about your workplace , your co Lamy going shut you doing hard yards , all of a sudden they get a good contract for extra business and they hire more people on bigger bucks than you , ofc you would want something from that pie )
- in elliots case he supposedly took less than what was on offer elsewhere last contract which I think clubs cap issue meant he couldn’t get more , so this time around wants the extras
- players seem that loyalty is not two way street , during his time he has seen players shopped around and released , maybe also they see no loyalty with sackings of okunber and chn

then You factor in he may be offered more by a club that is doing decent in competition and may be not only missing out on dollars but premiership glory

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's say we offer Elliott 400k and he gets an offer from the Knights for 500k or 600k, he's going to want more than 400k, more so 450-550k. If another team, especially a top team, is offering more than us we have to meet in the middle somewhere. I don't think we can afford to lose Elliott personally. I'm sick of losing players that'll bleed for us on the field. Not only that, he's our best forward and we're not going to be able to replace him with anyone around the same level/output for the same amount. I will be very disappointed with the board and recruitment team if Elliott isn't here in 2021.
They are very hypothetical figures my point is if its silly $$ hes not worth paying overs and if others get constantly selected despite being shit for years im sure we have alot more talented forwards than him in saying that i hope we keep him

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tricky one this.

I’d rather we invest the cash in the spine. Averillo also off contract at the end of 2021, we should get on the front foot in topping up his deal with an early extension.

With Thompson joining the ranks I’m happy with our pack. Tolman looks like he’s got another good year in him, extend him a year on a cheap deal with either he or Thommo at lock. Some good young forwards coming through the ranks who’ll be cherry ripe for first grade by 2022.
For once I agree with you ha

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
you are correct it is tricky , he is worth keeping and you can see him kicking off at another club but what he probably is asking is overs.

it’s all well and good the recruitment strategy was to free as much and go on a big splurge BUT I don’t think management took into account
- the player market and existing roster are well aware that there is money in the kitty , they will all be asking for $$ from the pie as they know it’s available
- a player doing the hard yards during the shit times would want to be compensated during the good times ( ie think about your workplace , your co Lamy going shut you doing hard yards , all of a sudden they get a good contract for extra business and they hire more people on bigger bucks than you , ofc you would want something from that pie )
- in elliots case he supposedly took less than what was on offer elsewhere last contract which I think clubs cap issue meant he couldn’t get more , so this time around wants the extras
- players seem that loyalty is not two way street , during his time he has seen players shopped around and released , maybe also they see no loyalty with sackings of okunber and chn

then You factor in he may be offered more by a club that is doing decent in competition and may be not only missing out on dollars but premiership glory
I think it’s just as simple as he’s 27 next year, prime of his career, he’ll never get another chance in his lifetime to earn as much as he will in his next contract so he’s gonna try and maximise that opportunity. Can’t argue with him, you and I would do the same thing in his position.

Paying top dollar for him just doesn’t make sense for us with the current composition of our roster.

He wouldn’t have been disillusioned by the club showing CHN and Okumbor the gate. Right call. Those 2 dunderheads put their cocks ahead of the team at the worst possible time.