Pay accepts fate could be decided at board meeting

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I see Bradyk is on automated response mode once again. Good luck with the night shift fellas.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No I figured you were into that cause that’s what came to your mind first
How many times you been sucking off pay or Anderson
Havent had a chance due to covid 19 and its restrictions.

How many times have you been slapped across the forehead with Pay and Anderson's dick?

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Havent had a chance due to covid 19 and its restrictions.

How many times have you been slapped across the forehead with Pay and Anderson's dick?
Are you trying to tell us something bro, isn’t it pride month or something just let it out, that’s all you seem to talk about, dicks

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who ever the coach moving forward is (be it pay or other) will have 2 bites of the cherry. They’ll have 3+ million next season and another 3-4 million the season after that.

Macquire said we were not an attractive prospect when he interviewed for the position. I’m sure a lot of top coaches would love the opportunity with an open cheque book and 10-15 positions to fill.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So you're happy to finish 12th and finish 15th this year?

If we fluke 15th spot you're happen to re-sign pay?
I'm a realist. That means I set realistic expectations. I understand how and why we're in this situation. It isn't because of the coach or players. It's because of our past management why we're rebuilding and why we have one of the worst rosters in the NRL on paper and a rebuild coach as our coach. We're overachieved to date. We've picked up multiple wins over teams we shouldn't of beat. We've finished higher on the ladder than expected. I'll always compare our situation to the Knights pre 2017 and our 2021 is their 2017 but we have a better base to work with and more salary cap space to spend in the first year. I'm happy to give this coach another year with a competitive roster on paper if a top coach isn't available as I have literally no reason to think otherwise. Next year if we recruit well (even if we don't) expectations will be higher.

I'm not happy but it's reality to answer your question. If we're expected to finish 15th and finished 14th that's higher than expected. The eye test is also important but we're definitely passing it right now.

Reactions: DT

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm a realist. That means I set realistic expectations. I understand how and why we're in this situation. It isn't because of the coach or players. It's because of our past management why we're rebuilding and why we have one of the worst rosters in the NRL on paper and a rebuild coach as our coach. We're overachieved to date. We've picked up multiple wins over teams we shouldn't of beat. We've finished higher on the ladder than expected. I'll always compare our situation to the Knights pre 2017 and our 2021 is their 2017 but we have a better base to work with and more salary cap space to spend in the first year. I'm happy to give this coach another year with a competitive roster on paper if a top coach isn't available as I have literally no reason to think otherwise.

I'm not happy but it's reality to answer your question. If we're expected to finish 15th and finished 14th that's higher than expected. The eye test is also important but we're definitely passing it right now.
Your deluded aha

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm a realist. That means I set realistic expectations. I understand how and why we're in this situation. It isn't because of the coach or players. It's because of our past management why we're rebuilding and why we have one of the worst rosters in the NRL on paper and a rebuild coach as our coach. We're overachieved to date. We've picked up multiple wins over teams we shouldn't of beat. We've finished higher on the ladder than expected. I'll always compare our situation to the Knights pre 2017 and our 2021 is their 2017 but we have a better base to work with and more salary cap space to spend in the first year. I'm happy to give this coach another year with a competitive roster on paper if a top coach isn't available as I have literally no reason to think otherwise.

Fair enough. I tend to focus on the basics IE game plans, players in position and bench rotation.

I just think he is not the man for the job. Every year with him as the coach is a wasted year.

But each to their own.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fair enough.

I just think he is not the man for the job. But each to their own.
There is a 99% chance we'll need a top coach. I just don't think one's available until 2022.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And you still haven’t replied to mine
No one here, especially you, can comment on game plans. I don't see an issue personally. I have a pretty similar opinion with the interchange too.
I've said I don't agree with some of Pay's roster decisions from the outside. We're pretty close to our best line-up now tho imo.
I think the biggest issue is the players aren't good enough 1-17 (I don't mean all of them are shit, just overall).

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can't argue any point I've made. You can give your opinion in one word or type "lol" but that's about it.
You still can’t tell me how pay still hasn’t learnt to perfect a simple game plan, operate the interchange, and make the right team selections

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There is a 99% chance we'll need a top coach. I just don't think one's available until 2022.
I see it as a rock and a hard place situation with us, if we had a decent roster, we could maybe get away with having a half-decent coach. But we have a shit roster with a shit coach who can't attract decent players.

Basically I don't want another write-off year next year.

But obviously easier said than done...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I see it as a rock and a hard place situation with us, if we had a decent roster, we could maybe get away with having a half-decent coach. But we have a shit roster with a shit coach who can't attract decent players.

Basically I don't want another write-offs year next year.
Next year expectations will be higher and there's no reason why we can't have a top eight roster. If it's much the same I'm 100% with you and the others and I'll want one of Pay, the board, or possibly both out. At this stage I have more issues with the board than Pay personally. If a top coach is available we also need to be ruthless regarding Pay.