Official Round 6 - Bulldogs vs Sharks - Discussion Thread

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sitting next to a Sharks supporter mate and he's devo that Lewis is out.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis got 3 years worth of games based on simply having a big kick.

To drop wakeham after 5 or 6 first grade games would be ridiculous
Lewis' kicks have the respect of every fullback. He never misses them.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
WTF did we sign Katao? I really don't understand why he hasn't got a look in yet. Anyone?

And to get in before the "Pay's shit" posts ... anything more than that? ANy rumours of his training approach? Just not good enough?
I also wonder too. He was ok in the trials and his passing looked crisp out of DH. There must be a reason why Pay doesn’t like him. Pretty sure he was against vaccinations. Idk if got it in the end?

Katoa was good for Penrith in 18 and represented Tonga. I read somewhere on the Kennel that Katoa actually approached the club for a spot. I simply cannot comprehend how the board and Pay thoughT Holland and JMK was enough..

Yes, we missed out on the likes of Robson, Turpin, Grant & Koriasau. You could even sign Luke or Britain as cover. “Apparently we didn’t want to pay extras for Robson or Grant”. Yet we signed Stimson for a position we didn’t need to strengthen.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
lol I knew this from the start off the week regarding Wakeham . He was not played earlier due too level grounding his mindset abit . Katoa is terrible .( jmk is a lot better )

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
First time posting. Been coming on here for years and no better time I thought to post considering the mess we are in. Hopefully we get a win today and looking forward to seeing how Wakeham and Foran go together

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wakeham should be given the same amount of games as Lewis from here

Such good news

We should win today

Belmore Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
[QUOTE="EB18, post: 3755537, member: 24268"Hopefully we never see Lewis in the havles again at nrl level. We know too well his not up to it.[/QUOTE]

Unless it’s for a different club!!

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine if our no.7 throws passes to actual fellow Bulldogs players and not fresh air, could be a thing that catches on

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
As long as he puts his body on the line in defence and puts passes on chests he'll be fine
Probably would have helped him to have Katoa at dummy half but we can't expect miracles from Pay I suppose.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lol I knew this from the start off the week regarding Wakeham . He was not played earlier due too level grounding his mindset abit . Katoa is terrible .( jmk is a lot better )
terrible?
What are you judging him from the trials?

I think katoa is a lot better then jmk

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Oh well that's ok then. Two points aren't as important.

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm a little dissapointed to see lewis dropped completely, his defence is outstanding,
And despite how poor it is he still has a kicking game as well, it would be good to see the kid transition into another position, maybe lock or even hooker.
In saying that, how good is it that wakeham gets a start.
In my opinion, this is the strongest side we have ran on with in a long time.
I'm still not overly convinced remis is or ever will be a world class centre and we do have bodies able to fill that spot.
I would love to see him back on the wing.
Also I really want averillo to get his hands on the ball ... a lot ...
He is talented... critchton needs to be a better finisher ... he is too predictable and his lines are really bad when he gets the ball, he's a liability in defence
But long and short, I'm looking forward to the game today with the new halves pairing
UP THE DOGGIES ....
Win lose or draw ... I love my team, just not the current crop of players
Oh and Elliot refusing to extend until he knows who's coaching next year .... BYE BYE birdy ... he's arguably our most consistent forward this year, but out the gate you go if you think you can dictate or coaching roster

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I also wonder too. He was ok in the trials and his passing looked crisp out of DH. There must be a reason why Pay doesn’t like him. Pretty sure he was against vaccinations. Idk if got it in the end?

Katoa was good for Penrith in 18 and represented Tonga. I read somewhere on the Kennel that Katoa actually approached the club for a spot. I simply cannot comprehend how the board and Pay thoughT Holland and JMK was enough..

Yes, we missed out on the likes of Robson, Turpin, Grant & Koriasau. You could even sign Luke or Britain as cover. “Apparently we didn’t want to pay extras for Robson or Grant”. Yet we signed Stimson for a position we didn’t need to strengthen.
Exactly.

It's as clear as day that the club saw the hooker position as one that needed to be upgraded on. We went after a multitude of potential targets striking out on each one. OK. So be it.

But we eventually settled for Katoa who's an actual hooker. It's his position. And for some reason he hasn't even been on the bench yet. But JMK plus Holland, two players whose natural positions AREN'T hooker, keep playing in front of him? Baffling to me.

You lot can carry on as much as you like about Lewis. I personally am more puzzled by Katoa as we're absolutely screaming out for a semi-decent hooker but continually overlook the guy. At least give him some time off the bench to show us what he has? #payout