Bad news for e-cigarette users in australia

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Australian government has put in to place a complete and total ban on importing vaping products that contain nicotine, with the new law coming into effect on July 1st 2020, with fines of up to $200,000 and possible prison time for individuals who attempt to import nicotine from July 1 onwards.

The Australian government makes billions of dollars per year on tobacco taxes and are not to happy with the downturn in tobacco sales since the introduction of E-cigarettes in Australia.

The Australian government has moved forward with the new legislation knowing full well the effects it will have on almost 1 million E-cigarette users and thousands of small businesses in Australia.

Vaping for many is considered a much safer, healthier and affordable alternative to smoking yet government is adamant that the new changes are for the best interests of our country.

I took up vaping to help with extreme anxiety due to PTSD, and I for one absolutely outraged by these changes.

Any vapers out better stock up on nicotine before July 1.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty messed up. They've made no attempt to hide the fact that this is purely driven by tobacco company money and cigarette tax money that they can't afford to lose.

Greg Hunt with his hands in the kitty.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Could see it from a mile away. Once they figure out how they can tax vaping as heavily it will be back on the market.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Australian government has put in to place a complete and total ban on importing vaping products that contain nicotine, with the new law coming into effect on July 1st 2020, with fines of up to $200,000 and possible prison time for individuals who attempt to import nicotine from July 1 onwards.

The Australian government makes billions of dollars per year on tobacco taxes and are not to happy with the downturn in tobacco sales since the introduction of E-cigarettes in Australia.

The Australian government has moved forward with the new legislation knowing full well the effects it will have on almost 1 million E-cigarette users and thousands of small businesses in Australia.

Vaping for many is considered a much safer, healthier and affordable alternative to smoking yet government is adamant that the new changes are for the best interests of our country.

I took up vaping to help with extreme anxiety due to PTSD, and I for one absolutely outraged by these changes.

Any vapers out better stock up on nicotine before July 1.
If you see the right GP you should be able to get a medical exemption

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lucky I smoke weed out of a Gatorade bottle and my neighbours hose, this shouldn't impact me.
You want me to get you some medicinal pot? Hasn't got THC though....

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lucky I smoke weed out of a Gatorade bottle and my neighbours hose, this shouldn't impact me.
Got home from work, took my brother to training, did a few rounds . Just booked dinner and about to rip my first cone now lol

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you see the right GP you should be able to get a medical exemption
I'll have to look into it, not to sure of what they consider 3 months supply and what form the nicotine is. I'm about to buy a couple of litres of straight nicotine which should get me through a few years... I'll just mix up my own.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll have to look into it, not to sure of what they consider 3 months supply and what form the nicotine is. I'm about to buy a couple of litres of straight nicotine which should get me through a few years... I'll just mix up my own.
Make sure you freeze it Nic salt will store better

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Got home from work, took my brother to training, did a few rounds . Just booked dinner and about to rip my first cone now lol
I actually upgraded my Gatorade bottle to a Volcano but ended up selling it as it wasn't getting used all that often anymore. I'm a fucking upstanding citizen n that these days ;)

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually upgraded my Gatorade bottle to a Volcano but ended up selling it as it wasn't getting used all that often anymore. I'm a fucking upstanding citizen n that these days ;)
Bro get a gatorbeug! It’s the glass version of thst and Powerade and even the icebreaker ones . I got a gatorbeug. In a creepy druggy kind of way I put the leaf symbol in my tinder and matched with a few girls who smoke cones .. everyone who sees your beug is impressed ha

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
So can you not buy nicotine vape juice in Australia? You have to import it?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So can you not buy nicotine vape juice in Australia? You have to import it?
Yeah. Sale of it in Australia has always been illegal so people would import it. Now they're making it illegal to import it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
On a personal note. My friends run the Lgealise Vaping Australia political campaign. That's not why I support legalising vaping though. As I'm usually an annoying prick, I studied vaping research a lot especially considering that my friends are treating it as the holy grail.

From what I found it's considered by many including several British Health Authorities to be 95% safer than smoking. That's not to say it's 100% safe. Long term studies haven't been done and there's always the risk of contamination like the Vitamin E Acetate issue that caused many lung injuries and deaths in America last year. But from all research that's been carried out, it's so much safer and healthier than smoking.

The Tobacco industry has run campaigns attempting to destroy it because it's taking profits off them. For an example of how bad the Tobacco industry influence is, the Morrison Government (specifically Health Minister Greg Hunt) was given the research showing that its at least 95% healthier than smoking and how did they react? That's why we now have a complete ban on vaping.

The US government actively tried to ban vaping and was only stopped by state governments blocking the federal government until the Altria Group (Tobacco giant) released their own vaping product called Juul. The US government (Republicans and Democrats) supported Juul while saying that all other vaping products are dangerous.

It's just depressing to see how much pressure money can put on political powers in both Australia and America.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
On a personal note. My friends run the Lgealise Vaping Australia political campaign. That's not why I support legalising vaping though. As I'm usually an annoying prick, I studied vaping research a lot especially considering that my friends are treating it as the holy grail.

From what I found it's considered by many including several British Health Authorities to be 95% safer than smoking. That's not to say it's 100% safe. Long term studies haven't been done and there's always the risk of contamination like the Vitamin E Acetate issue that caused many lung injuries and deaths in America last year. But from all research that's been carried out, it's so much safer and healthier than smoking.

The Tobacco industry has run campaigns attempting to destroy it because it's taking profits off them. For an example of how bad the Tobacco industry influence is, the Morrison Government (specifically Health Minister Greg Hunt) was given the research showing that its at least 95% healthier than smoking and how did they react? That's why we now have a complete ban on vaping.

The US government actively tried to ban vaping and was only stopped by state governments blocking the federal government until the Altria Group (Tobacco giant) released their own vaping product called Juul. The US government (Republicans and Democrats) supported Juul while saying that all other vaping products are dangerous.

It's just depressing to see how much pressure money can put on political powers in both Australia and America.
Its not just the pressure from the tobacco companies they also make massive amounts from tax.

Its a complete scummy move from this government but not one that is unexpected

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah. Sale of it in Australia has always been illegal so people would import it. Now they're making it illegal to import it.
Wow I had no idea. That is crazy. Why don't they just legalize and tax it? I guess maybe they are just taking ages to work out how to do it best .

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow I had no idea. That is crazy. Why don't they just legalize and tax it? I guess maybe they are just taking ages to work out how to do it best .
Because tobacco companies aren't the only ones who produce the nicotine juice for e cigarettes. So they'd be lobbying to keep it illegal