Bad news for e-cigarette users in australia

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow I had no idea. That is crazy. Why don't they just legalize and tax it? I guess maybe they are just taking ages to work out how to do it best .
The initial ban starting in July is apparently only for 12 months at this stage to "reassess the societal impact it may have on Australia".... in other words see how they can profit from it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow I had no idea. That is crazy. Why don't they just legalize and tax it? I guess maybe they are just taking ages to work out how to do it best .
Combination of things:

1) Tobacco companies give money to politicians as donations

2) introducing a new tax is a difficult process especially when that tax will increase the price of a product by 1000%

Easier just to ban them and force people to keep smoking cigarettes.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Combination of things:

1) Tobacco companies give money to politicians as donations

2) introducing a new tax is a difficult process especially when that tax will increase the price of a product by 1000%

Easier just to ban them and force people to keep smoking cigarettes.
I wonder how new Zealand manage it?

Apparently they are pushing the public to take vaping up over smoking - so I've heard??? Anyone over there know if that's true or not?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Conflicted.
One one hand, I hate government dictating what we can and can't do and I'm telling you how, Australia is chronic on this. It's stifling, I know. Too many rules. Can't even play pokerstars.

On the other hand, people really should t be doing nicotine anyway so it's a good thing.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this thread should be renamed either:

"Sanchos Gatorade bottle" or "Sancho likes taking his neighbours hose" :grinning:

Someone put a vote up for the new thread name please.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Typical move from these two faced, double standard bureaucratic *****! There it is, what they’re saying is they don’t want us to get healthier they just want Australian citizens to show them the money rather than providing a healthier, safer option for of us who have fallen prey to the toxic legal product which is cigarettes! You wonder why I fucking despise Governments, especially ours fucking hypocrites the lot of them!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was going to take up vaping when I gave up smoking cigarettes. A friend of mine is an importer of vaping products and was going to hook me up, but in the end I just said fuck it. Probably a good choice now that the government is going to fuck that up too.

On a side note,

Screenshot_20200626-182131_My QuitBuddy.jpg

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Vaping ban has been postponed until January 1st.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was going to take up vaping when I gave up smoking cigarettes. A friend of mine is an importer of vaping products and was going to hook me up, but in the end I just said fuck it. Probably a good choice now that the government is going to fuck that up too.

On a side note,

View attachment 15558
Lend us a couple of grand bro, don't say you haven't got 5k laying around ;)

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lend us a couple of grand bro, don't say you haven't got 5k laying around ;)
For you brother, no worries. Thing is, I've been spending that money on extra food now that I'm not smoking. I'm constantly eatting, it's ridiculous.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is the neigbour asking where is the garden hose.
Na, she’s just confused. She’s sure she used to water the roses on the other side of the yard. Now she’s a meter short!!!

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For you brother, no worries. Thing is, I've been spending that money on extra food now that I'm not smoking. I'm constantly eatting, it's ridiculous.
How good does food taste when you quit smoking!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Food is better than smokes bro so keep it going!