Official Round 5 - Bulldogs vs Roosters - Discussion Thread (postponed till Monday night)

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder what is going through Thompson’s head in his Hotel room lol

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay must know he is gone once the season is up.

The only reason for the board keeping him is due to covid cost cutting. Not a good time to be paying two first grade coaches in the 1 season.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
After the first 25 minutes I didn't think we were too bad. Obviously that start isn't acceptable but it's because of giving six agains, penalties and errors. We don't have the cattle to defend against that. We also don't have the cattle to put on a lot of points, especially against the top sides. There was also a period where we should of scored a try or two and we got very close. If you go through and watch the replay almost all, if not all, of the Roosters tries were because of what I said above. The effort was there. I know the scoreline sucks but until we have a better squad this is going to keep happening here and there (we were much better tonight than vs Manly, by a lot).

The biggest issue I have in the team is Napa. He was a player we paid overs for and he's one of our worst players week in and out (imo). I really fail to see what he's offering.

On the flip side of that Averillo is going to be very good for us with our 2021 roster.

There's a lot of smaller other things but I really can't be bothered.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you got beat 42-6 to the Rorters, would you be chatting and laughing with them?

I’d be making a bee line for the sheds so I could go home and kick the cat (if I had one)
That's what the Bronks did when they get smacked by Crooks, and they looked like a set of entitled sore losers, and got told off for it rightly. You can bet they are hurting inside, but it is important to show you are a good sport.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a load of shit. This team is not to NRL standard. You can beat bottom teams and your one of the bottom teams. Not going to make any finals for the next 5.years minimum. There is no point of supporting this team. Something must change. I think it should start from management. At the top. We are just not bloody competitive enough. Something MUST be DONE! PLEASE DO BLOODY SOMETHING ABOUT IT......SOMEONE......
Go and support another team then.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s amazing what money can do for the roosters holy uncle nick thanks

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck look at Trent Robinson... mentoring Flanagan in the sheds.

Pay would be looking at his feet in silence in the sheds
I will say this, as good as Roosters are, this bloke is a fraud until he goes to a struggling club with a cap compliant team to show if he can coach.

f’n Paul Langmack could coach this team to 3 comps in a row when you get given no cap, plus a SBW here and a Cronk there and a Morris twin here and a Tedesco there when other clubs would have serious questions asked.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he needs to be our 14, and I don’t mean that as a sledge to the kid.

get 1st grade tough.
Come in later
X factor

f’n wasted in the centres and the defense he is asked to do at his age out of position will kill him
I would like to see him in the number 6 for a run, put Foran in 7 and see how we go he has the footwork and ball skills defence is a concern but I think he will spark some attack. Either that or Wakeham needs to come in as halfback no point keeping him out of the team we need to see what we have in him and see if he's our answer going forward.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Where's Pays butt buddies?
We were just outclassed tonight Assassin. Not one of our 17 would make the Roosters side. Some of the effort at different stages disappointed me, Napa in particular.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Early tip for next week.Drop a winger and make same side as v Saints....