Official Round 5 - Bulldogs vs Roosters - Discussion Thread (postponed till Monday night)

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think he kicked well at all.
Same kick every time, didn't find the grass at all. No variation, no thought as to what kick was required at that point in the game, just bomb it and chase.
The only reason Lewis' kicking game wasn't torn to shreds was due to who he was kicking to.
If he kicks like that against the Roosters back 3 they'll murder us. Roosters will start every set with momentum and the class of there team will ensure the game is played with us on the back foot for 80 minutes.
If you can put a bomb up from 45-55m out with plenty of height and land it within the 10m and try line regularly then that’s gotta be your go-to option from that sort of range. It’s a staple of all the best kickers in the games arsenal. Take note of what Moses does at the Eels with his kicking. It’s field position gold, and is certainly easier said than done.

If he executes like this against the Roosters then it’ll go a long way to keeping their back 3 quiet.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you can put a bomb up from 45-55m out with plenty of height and land it within the 10m and try line regularly then that’s gotta be your go-to option from that sort of range. It’s a staple of all the best kickers in the games arsenal. Take note of what Moses does at the Eels with his kicking. It’s field position gold, and is certainly easier said than done.

If he executes like this against the Roosters then it’ll go a long way to keeping their back 3 quiet.
Nothing wrong with a difference in opinion.
We'll know who was right come Sunday.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely mate. Bring on Sunday
I'll make the prediction, if Lewis has the same kicking tactics Tedesco and BMoz (if he's still the right sided winger) will run for a minimum of 250m and 160m respectively, that's adding an extra 50m on there 2019 averages.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll make the prediction, if Lewis has the same kicking tactics Tedesco and BMoz (if he's still the right sided winger) will run for a minimum of 250m and 160m respectively, that's adding an extra 50m on there 2019 averages.
Teddy’s on fire running for 270m/game this year. And to be fair his yardage comes all over the park with the way he can break the line, not just kick returns.

But I tell you what mate if you’d like a friendly wager I’ll bet that we keep those 2 to sub 425m combined if LL is dominant kicker again.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So are you trying to tell me that Lewis didn’t actually kick well on Monday?

Don’t let your dislike of a particular player get in the way of being able to give rational and considered feedback on a topic. Common downfall of many posters on here.
He kicked long yes but didn't find grass ... So yeah I guess he kicked 'well' if that's smack bang between pure shit and good

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Teddy’s on fire running for 270m/game this year. And to be fair his yardage comes all over the park with the way he can break the line, not just kick returns.

But I tell you what mate if you’d like a friendly wager I’ll bet that we keep those 2 to sub 425m combined if LL is dominant kicker again.
You're on, I genuinely hope we do too, but I don't think we will.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the Vaso ready fellas, its going to be a rough ride!! 50+ Roosters

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are going to get massacred
Get the Vaso ready fellas, its going to be a rough ride!! 50+ Roosters
I think their going in dry...
Nope, we defend way better than the spastic Broncs. Nappa needs some angry ginge pills and pole axe Kearey. Foran needs to stay on the park with Hoppa and DWZ playing like we did last week. Game plan should be to send Elliot from the kick off to run straight to Tedesco whether he has the ball or not and kick him right in the jatz..

Dogs 1-12

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You're on, I genuinely hope we do too, but I don't think we will.
Beautiful.

But it wouldn’t be a friendly bet without something at stake. Lazy bit of cash or perhaps a temporary avatar/username punishment? I’ll leave it up to you

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
And to win more football games you need halfback that actually knows how to pass a ball. It's a shit reason and it's why Pay will never eventuate into anything as a coach.
No Wakeham this week,Harper on bench

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No Wakeham this week,Harper on bench
I've accepted that Wakeham is never going to play halfback under Pay...but Harper bench? Who is starting? Crichton with DWZ/Hoppa centre? Brah I was told Pay doesn't break up winning combinations hahaha

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Wakeham should be 14 and Harper left in reserves.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Beautiful.

But it wouldn’t be a friendly bet without something at stake. Lazy bit of cash or perhaps a temporary avatar/username punishment? I’ll leave it up to you
Let's go with the avatar / username punishment shall we. 1 weeks worth should be about right?

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why play Harper if he isnt going to be here next year! my thoughts are that maybe he has a clause in his contract and can backflip on the Manly deal.