Opinion Foran announcement

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

8 out of the last 11 games we have played with Foran have resulted in wins.

When he doesn't play with us, we lose. When he does, we win.

This is Joey like. The last person that's presence resulted in an 80+ win rate and almost a certain 100% lost rate (and a belting) was Andrew Johns. His presence made Newcastle premiership contenders and when he was out for a long period. Spooners.

The only players that have come close are Smith for the Storm and Trbojevic for Manly, but they aren't as striking as this lift rate by Kieran Foran. His presence simply equals wins.

Therefore,
I am officially announcing my endorsement of re-signing Kieran Foran on a further (one year) deal, in the vicinity of 500-600k provided he isn't too injury affected.

Anything less And the other NrL gamblers will swoop in, there's not a huge amount of world class talent in the game atm. Teams will circle. Nasheed.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let's wait and see how he holds up after two or three more games first before we demand he's re-signed.. He added a lot to the team but also had limited involvement and was struggling to move at times.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think we can re-sign him for cheaper and I've always said we should re-sign him unless we're able to pick up a top half (marquee) on contract. The longer we wait (just like Elliott) the more expensive he'll be to re-sign if he performs well.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's wait and see how he holds up after two or three more games first before we demand he's re-signed.. He added a lot to the team but also had limited involvement and was struggling to move at times.
Ok. I will happily add an asterisk to my post to wait until at least round 16.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we can re-sign him for cheaper and I've always said we should re-sign him unless we're able to pick up a top half (marquee) on contract. The longer we wait (just like Elliott) the more expensive he'll be to re-sign if he performs well.
Another Perspective. Interesting.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Marrying Brady and Btraindog's perspectives together, I think perhaps rd 10-12 is a good time to strike for a contract into 2021 if he's still fit and performing.
If George Williams, Pearce or Daly Cherry or the like become available we can reconsider.

The hack to a premiership is getting players undervalue.
This can be through juniors (Roosters), logistics barriers (Brisbane) or scooping up bad boys (Sharks), gambling on Brits (Raiders), cheating (is 20 years ago) but perhaps our own 2021 hack is rolling the dice on the injury prone.

just buying players at market value doesn't really work. It buys a 5th and 6th place team, hell, even a 4, but the special ones usually have players undervalued or performing above pay grade.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marrying Brady and Btraindog's perspectives together, I think perhaps rd 10-12 is a good time to strike for a contract into 2021 if he's still fit and performing.
If George Williams, Pearce or Daly Cherry or the like become available we can reconsider.

The hack to a premiership is getting players undervalue.
This can be through juniors (Roosters), logistics barriers (Brisbane) or scooping up bad boys (Sharks), gambling on Brits (Raiders), cheating (is 20 years ago) but perhaps our own 2021 hack is rolling the dice on the injury prone.

just buying players at market value doesn't really work. It buys a 5th and 6th place team, hell, even a 4, but the special ones usually have players undervalued or performing above pay grade.
I believe that paying overs for players too often does more harm than good. One clear example is Hunt, all that money was he worth it, I'd say definitely no.
I believe that St George's problems are caused by the fact that the remainder of the team are pissed off by the very fact that he is been paid all that money for very little contribution.
I would bet my house that St George are in the poo because of player attitude.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve said from the start and my opinion hasn’t changed, when he is on he is easily our best. I honestly think we should sit him down and work out a fair price before others get a look in. He sounds like he likes the joint and wants to repay us.

unless we are signing a marquee superstar worth 1 mil, there’s no one better out there that’s for sure.

just need to treat him slightly differently with how injury prone he can be

Malla

Reaction score
He should retire from rep footy.

If we had a better half back to pair with him, his job would be so much easier. Would have to do less and probably won't find himself injured as much.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s not enough sticky tape and bubble to hold him together for the rest of this year let alone next season

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I believe that paying overs for players too often does more harm than good. One clear example is Hunt, all that money was he worth it, I'd say definitely no.
I believe that St George's problems are caused by the fact that the remainder of the team are pissed off by the very fact that he is been paid all that money for very little contribution.
I would bet my house that St George are in the poo because of player attitude.
I doubt that's the reason. I don't think players are jealous mums.
Player attitude maybe but not because Hunt is on a good contract.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How is this official? Is nasheed now in charge of player retention and recruitment

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Nothing you say is new, however he has lasted 1 game back and your talking resigning him again and 500-600k is nothing to sneeze at? How about he lasts another 12 or so games before we consider this? Because someone else will sign him you say? Well that's life, if he is genuine in his comments to "return the favour" to Canterbury then he will give us an option to respond to any offer he may receive. Until this point he has still been an bad investment regardless of how we go for the odd game he's fit for.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran should stand out the back directing the plays like the trainers used to do. Very limited risk of injury that way and might just get through the season....

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe that would explain the stimson, crichton and britt signings :tongueclosed:
Wouldn't have signed Crichton.

I would ensure we get Bateman. Then make a play at ryan Hall and Jake Friend from the roosters. Then I'd secure Holland for 3 more years on a deal that is satisfactory for him. Then resign Foran and look for a big angry forward, probably from the broncos. We must hang off broncos discards due to their monopoly. I'd also hope for Milford as FB.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
See how he goes the next few games, then the rest of the year, he is definitely important to the team and is our best experience in the halves, can’t write fix of just yet.

He may be close to retirement, he may not, his body will tell us that very soon.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran should stand out the back directing the plays like the trainers Cronk used to do. Very limited risk of injury that way and might just get through the season....
Fixed it.

Go Dogs