Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Another short term deal...

Jippst

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If true , happy about this . I reckon he’s a better middle forward than who we already have starting.. like to see more minutes though

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good retention. He just needs more game time now!!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
What's the bet that's all we do. Add Thompson and re-sign all the players we already have and expect something different. We're building a strong culture, DNA, young, more games under the belt, rebuilds take time, be patient blah blah.

Translation: Yes, we have heaps of money but fuk me no **** actually wants to sign with us?

* How do you know this MR Bulldogs recruitment guy?
* Well not one single player has called me!
* You do realise that you have to find and approach them don't you?
* Huh???????????????

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Again, trying to understand the logic.. Why keep re-signing players who can't play more than 20 minutes a game on a bottom four team?

I like RFM and don't mind us re-signing him. But if he can't play decent minutes now then the club can't rate him too highly?

Either way, he's a solid player. But if he's worth keeping then isn't he worth playing more than garbage time minutes?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Out of anyone on here I thought you’d be pretty happy about this one mate?
Not unhappy, i'm just a bit confused by our recruitment and retention.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tough crowd geeeebus.

Good re-signing, needs more minutes yes. Might change next year when some others aren’t given a contract.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Needs to repay the club from today with a standout performance

He’s only shown glimpses of his potential and ability but a two year deal extension is a great result for him as not sure on form he would be hot property in the market place

I would give him another crack on the edge as we desperately lack a ball playing edge player with the loss of CHN

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tough crowd geeeebus.

Good re-signing, needs more minutes yes. Might change next year when some others aren’t given a contract.
No one is complaining about re-signing him. But the point is, if he was worth keeping next year, wouldn't he be worth playing now? He only has Britt, Stimson and Elliott in front of him and he still gets no minutes.

If we recruit well and sign others to go with Thompson, then won't RFM play less than he is now? He's good to have as backup but it makes no sense why he and Renouf can't get more than 25 minutes on a bottom placed team.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well just a suggestion but no need to wait till next year he can have more minutes now. Snip some of Tolman minutes down. Assuming he’s playing through the middle.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wouldn't think this deal made sense for RFM tbh. Pay has fucked him around time and time again. Just as he was hitting his straps as an international backrower he got injured and it's fucked him about. Now he's a middle forward.

Glad we are keeping him, I refuse to lose out in the Lane v RFM career sweepstakes.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No one is complaining about re-signing him. But the point is, if he was worth keeping next year, wouldn't he be worth playing now? He only has Britt, Stimson and Elliott in front of him and he still gets no minutes.

If we recruit well and sign others to go with Thompson, then won't RFM play less than he is now? He's good to have as backup but it makes no sense why he and Renouf can't get more than 25 minutes on a bottom placed team.
I agree needs more minutes. We’ve played one game after along break and they are both had a shit pre season (RT did anyway think RFM did [emoji51])
Maybe once we move on some non performers things may change.
Either way a good retention for mine. We are short one dominant forward, hopefully that gets announced soon.
I’d have him before them 2 stated above also. Things will change

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree needs more minutes. We’ve played one game after along break and they are both had a shit pre season (RT did anyway think RFM did [emoji51])
Maybe once we move on some non performers things may change.
Either way a good retention for mine. We are short one dominant forward, hopefully that gets announced soon.
I’d have him before them 2 stated above also. Things will change
RFM has always been inconsistent but he hasn't been given consistent minutes for a while. I'd like to see him on an edge to replace Britt and Renouf starting or playing at least 40 minutes so we can finally see what these guys can do if given an opportunity.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wakeham (if he hasn't already), Elliott and Foran (at a price that works for the club) are the only players we should be even thinking about re-signing from the current top 30 now RFM is staying.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
RFM has always been inconsistent but he hasn't been given consistent minutes for a while. I'd like to see him on an edge to replace Britt and Renouf starting or playing at least 40 minutes so we can finally see what these guys can do if given an opportunity.
That’s what I’d like to see also. RT it’s time to step up and start and run a muck.
RFM and his offloads should help spark something for our attack, if like to see Averillo hang off him but they’ll be opposite sides of the field. Possibly Meaney can take that spot.