Social Media Return for Reynolds??

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whispers getting louder he’s coming back. I must say I am disappointed. However if we’re only paying max 150K I think it’s a good thing. At least the **** tries hard and will try anything to win. We’ve missed that.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds has a fight on his hands to retain a Wests Tigers bench spot, while any hopes of a third attempt to return home to Canterbury also appear to be quickly fading.

Harry Grant has impressed everyone at the Tigers since arriving from Melbourne, with Cameron Smith's former dummy-half under-study a huge chance to wear the No.9 jersey in the joint venture's next game.
The Wests Tigers have returned to the club as the NRL powers towards a May 28 return date. #NRL

Should that happen, Grant's good friend Billy Walters - not Reynolds - will likely get the nod to fill the utility role on the bench.

Reynolds, impossible to miss on Monday with his bleached locks, reached out to the Bulldogs a few weeks ago about a return, which prompted the club to then make some inquiries to the Tigers about an immediate release.

Advertisement
While Canterbury coach Dean Pay left the door ajar for Reynolds late last week, the Herald has been told by sources close to both western Sydney clubs the move simply will not happen unless the playmaker is prepared to accept minimum wage.

Reynolds will earn north of $750,000 the next two seasons, and while Canterbury acknowledge they need experience in their pack, Reynolds' price tag is just too high and he would only be seen as a short-term fix.

With no reserve grade in which to impress coach Michael Maguire, the only way for Reynolds to push his case for a recall is to blitz it on the training paddock.

Technically Reynolds cannot be approached by a rival club with more than 12 months remaining on his deal, but the Tigers were happy to listen to any proposals put forward by the Dogs. There has been no contact in a fortnight, and that is not expected to change.

Advertisement
The Tigers are mindful of not letting the negotiations become a distraction for Reynolds, especially after it became an emotional burden last year when talk of a Belmore return again surfaced.

Canterbury have 27 players on their roster and are awaiting confirmation from the NRL if they have to sign replacements for sacked duo Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor.

Co-captain Moses Mbye, who played with Reynolds at the Bulldogs, said of his friend: "I personally haven't spoken to him about it, I think he's had a tough couple of years and he hasn't had much reward for the hard work he's put in, so whatever happens with 'Grub', be it here or elsewhere, it would be good to see him playing first-grade footy and back where he belongs. Whatever is best for him I'm certainly supportive.''

Mbye said Grant was unproven in the NRL and there had been plenty of handy NSW and Queensland Cup players ''who haven't cut the mustard at NRL level''.

Advertisement
"But we have really big expectations of Harry, and what he has shown in his first week of training has been exceptional,'' Mbye said of his fellow Queenslander.

"It's a good headache to have for the head coach. We've got depth, which is something we haven't had the past couple of seasons.''

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Whispers getting louder he’s coming back. I must say I am disappointed. However if we’re only paying max 150K I think it’s a good thing. At least the c*** tries hard and will try anything to win. We’ve missed that.
150k lol, we'd probably pay 450k :tearsofjoy:

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds has a fight on his hands to retain a Wests Tigers bench spot, while any hopes of a third attempt to return home to Canterbury also appear to be quickly fading.

Harry Grant has impressed everyone at the Tigers since arriving from Melbourne, with Cameron Smith's former dummy-half under-study a huge chance to wear the No.9 jersey in the joint venture's next game.
The Wests Tigers have returned to the club as the NRL powers towards a May 28 return date. #NRL

Should that happen, Grant's good friend Billy Walters - not Reynolds - will likely get the nod to fill the utility role on the bench.

Reynolds, impossible to miss on Monday with his bleached locks, reached out to the Bulldogs a few weeks ago about a return, which prompted the club to then make some inquiries to the Tigers about an immediate release.

Advertisement
While Canterbury coach Dean Pay left the door ajar for Reynolds late last week, the Herald has been told by sources close to both western Sydney clubs the move simply will not happen unless the playmaker is prepared to accept minimum wage.

Reynolds will earn north of $750,000 the next two seasons, and while Canterbury acknowledge they need experience in their pack, Reynolds' price tag is just too high and he would only be seen as a short-term fix.

With no reserve grade in which to impress coach Michael Maguire, the only way for Reynolds to push his case for a recall is to blitz it on the training paddock.

Technically Reynolds cannot be approached by a rival club with more than 12 months remaining on his deal, but the Tigers were happy to listen to any proposals put forward by the Dogs. There has been no contact in a fortnight, and that is not expected to change.

Advertisement
The Tigers are mindful of not letting the negotiations become a distraction for Reynolds, especially after it became an emotional burden last year when talk of a Belmore return again surfaced.

Canterbury have 27 players on their roster and are awaiting confirmation from the NRL if they have to sign replacements for sacked duo Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor.

Co-captain Moses Mbye, who played with Reynolds at the Bulldogs, said of his friend: "I personally haven't spoken to him about it, I think he's had a tough couple of years and he hasn't had much reward for the hard work he's put in, so whatever happens with 'Grub', be it here or elsewhere, it would be good to see him playing first-grade footy and back where he belongs. Whatever is best for him I'm certainly supportive.''

Mbye said Grant was unproven in the NRL and there had been plenty of handy NSW and Queensland Cup players ''who haven't cut the mustard at NRL level''.

Advertisement
"But we have really big expectations of Harry, and what he has shown in his first week of training has been exceptional,'' Mbye said of his fellow Queenslander.

"It's a good headache to have for the head coach. We've got depth, which is something we haven't had the past couple of seasons.''
Grant and Walters - hard not to be a tad jealous!

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously, overlooking all the rubbish being bandied about, this might be a good result.
Wakeham and Foran as halves.
Lewis in the centres instead of Smith.
Smith back to wing.
Reynolds as hooker.
Averillo on the bench as insurance.
Unless the club is successful in signing someone else, this might be the best option.
It's one hell of an idea alright. Let's sign a bloke not wanted by the tigers who has bung shoulders, can't tackle, and has a pretty average passing game to play hooker for us. This is certainly a signing I would expect from a club trying to turn itself into a formidable premiership challenger. There's no downside really.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Minimum wage sounds just dandy.

Funny comment from Mbye regarding not cutting it at NRL level, was he talking about himself?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I love how Mbye (co-captain) and Benji said the same thing: ‘I haven’t spoken to him about it’ - yeah, right! Yet apparently he’s ribbed about it at training...

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tigers were, may still be, interested in Wakeham - if the Dogs took Reynolds it would just allow the Tigers to free up more money to offer Wakeham more - as I said earlier - crazy.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If we go signing Reynolds for anything other than minimum I’ll be fucking furious too.

He is busted just like Foran sadly. Without anywhere near the same talent. His heart and commitment can’t be questioned. Just body can’t cope.

Fucking tigers land Harry grant who we would dream over and we get left sacking our best forward and talking about this... fark me. Is our management doing anything?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He can set up a try or two that old man reynolds.
Has some individual brilliance too, unorthodox and defences find it hard to contain.
If we go signing Reynolds for anything other than minimum I’ll be fucking furious too.

He is busted just like Foran sadly. Without anywhere near the same talent. His heart and commitment can’t be questioned. Just body can’t cope.

Fucking tigers land Harry grant who we would dream over and we get left sacking our best forward and talking about this... fark me. Is our management doing anything?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It could look like this.

6.reynolds.
7.foran
9.Jmk
13. Lewis

14. Wakeham.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It could look like this.

6.reynolds.
7.foran
9.Jmk
13. Lewis

14. Wakeham.
Why do people always say Lewis to lock? He doesn’t even like taking the line on he shits himself and pressure passes which half the time lead to errors

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis doesn't come across like a player that shits himself
Puts his body on the line.
Why do people always say Lewis to lock? He doesn’t even like taking the line on he shits himself and pressure passes which half the time lead to errors

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I never thought this would even be a possibility by our club, sounds like it may be a thing however.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Next year in my opinion;
1. Holland
6. Reynolds
7. Foran
9. JMK

^ if they keep fit, that's as good as anyone in the competition. Even if they have Lewis at 6 and Reynolds in a super sub role.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Absolutely dreadful.
Unfortunately it may be our only choice. Wakeham may be the long term 7 but with no reserve grade and a shorten comp I dont think the club want to take the risk. With foz n grub we may be able to jag a few wins and threaten the 8. I know you Love to hate grub but we lack that killer instinct, the fight. The kick chase never give up attitude. The club has lacked leaderships on the field. The future does look brighter with a few kids coming through like harper Averillo and Rt but we still need an old head. Reynold's on 400k or foz on 700k for next year if you had that choice.