News Why Kieran Foran isn't angry about looming $500,000 pay cut

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s not money well spent

Lewis could play ever game and it wouldn’t be money well spent..

I would take Foran for 6games a year, over an average footballer who plays every game.
Lol, obviously I wasn't meaning literally... either way it would be absolutely ridiculous to re-sign him

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I can live off 130k and pay mortgage etc then this **** will be fine on 600k ..

they got it so good

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's unfair putting that on Foran every player today is in it for the money.
I agree...
It's not Foran's fault, he didn't force the club to sign him.
Hitler signed a physically and mentally broken man for three million dollars for 3 years, that's more than 10% of our cap !
Now, the management have obligations and duty of care for our club,
Can we afford to continue with the mistake ???
I would hate nothing more to see us rehabilitate Foran to watch him succeed at Womanly !
But I believe it is time to cut our losses and move on from Hitler's nightmare !!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree...
It's not Foran's fault, he didn't force the club to sign him.
Hitler signed a physically and mentally broken man for three million dollars for 3 years, that's more than 10% of our cap !
Now, the management have obligations and duty of care for our club,
Can we afford to continue with the mistake ???
I would hate nothing more to see us rehabilitate Foran to watch him succeed at Womanly !
But I believe it is time to cut our losses and move on from Hitler's nightmare !!!
One way or another it will be over at the end of this year. He will either sign somewhere else, retire or sign a very low deal with us.

The biggest issue is the size of Foran's current deal and that's finally over at the end of October.

A

Alexander the Great

They are not that stupid. Sure they have made mistakes but no chance in hell they sign Foran again.
Id rather eat glass rather to see him sign again get injured and have to watch a season of Hooky Lewis with his bogan bombs all game.

We have a habit of not learning from our mistakes. The mistake was signing him injury prone and on top of that for for to much money in the first place. Lets see this time around if we learn from our mistake.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Cmon dawg.and @Chris Harding,
If someone said to you you'll get a million after three years of working then something happens and the rugs pulled under yiud be pissed too.

this hatred of Foran has got to stop. I will not tolerate it any more and any future kennellers who do are on notice.
Remember. This guys only crime is getting injured after giving us 110 percent on the field. That's all. He's not like Matt Orford in 2010 who rocked up for a paycheque. He just gets wounded in battle giving us his all. Don't celebrate his losing money. Once he retires hes useless with no skills.
I don't hate Foran. I believe he's trying to do his best for the club. But we need consistancy in the halves that he can't offer. Building a team around someone who is only there half the time hasn't worked and won't.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They are not that stupid. Sure they have made mistakes but no chance in hell they sign Foran again.
Id rather eat glass rather to see him sign again get injured and have to watch a season of Hooky Lewis with his bogan bombs all game.
lol Lewis bogan bombs. Poor bloke does his best, he just hasnt got it.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One way or another it will be over at the end of this year. He will either sign somewhere else, retire or sign a very low deal with us.

The biggest issue is the size of Foran's current deal and that's finally over at the end of October.
You are right...finally it will be over or will it ?
He will probably sign on for a minimal wage contract with Womanly + a brown bag to go with that !!!

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like where? And on who?
Jacob Miller, Josh Drinkwater, Albert Kelly or Jackson Hastings. All playing in England and are better than our current crop of fill ins.

Let’s get one of these before June 30

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is a good player just more suited to be a lock imo.
I dont know what he's suited to be. I dont care for the "I dont know where but he has to be in the team somewhere' mentallity. 25% of the team playing outside there natural positions. No wonder we look clunky. Id say the only experiment thats payed off has been Meany and thats nothing to write home about. I do like Meany, he has progressed so credit to him. I am actually surprised that Hoppa's going ok at centre the last 2 years. We tried that experiment once before (I think with Mbye to fullback?) and he was ordinary. Anywhos....

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jacob Miller, Josh Drinkwater, Albert Kelly or Jackson Hastings. All playing in England and are better than our current crop of fill ins.

I agree on Hastings only to play hooker or half

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
To be honest I don't really care that this year will likely not happen. Having us avoid another disappointing year is a positive. I feel for the players though but couldn't care about the NRL as a whole.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

All those players combined are not better then Foran

so I still don’t see money spent elsewhere as the better choice.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
You gotta feel sorry for the bloke.

He slugged it out all this time to get the big third year back loaded payday and this happens.

Hopefully the club can be a bit generous in a 12 month extension. Least they can do if they have a heart
Lol if the club had a heart....what are u fukin talking about.....foran is the one who needs to show some heart and offer his services for 400k after being injutred for most of the time...I think the club would be stupid to re sign him...we cannot afford another year where his body breaks down

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
All those players combined are not better then Foran

so I still don’t see money spent elsewhere as the better choice.
We need an experienced half. We're stuck with Foran until we're able to find one imo. We know Foran fit is worth 1m. We know Foran is likely to miss 1/2 his games (unless he has just been very unlucky, but we're going to go off his last three seasons with us). So we offer him a 400-500k contract to compensate that (if people seriously think he's not worth that and no other club will pay close to that than we can get him for cheaper...). If we're running into 2021 without an experienced half with the roster we have/most likely going to have I think it's going to be very hard for us to make the eight. The only player I see that we can sign to replace Foran is Milford but I'd still keep Foran even with signing Milford tbh. One to two years on that deal is what he's worth (400-500k). Foran will also be very good for Wakeham and his development. Even with keeping Foran I think we still have enough salary cap remaining to buy Fifita, Friend and Cotric to add to Luke Thompson if that's the path we wanted to take.