Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ha...head in the sand type of guy. Have you ever bought a car from Australian fleet sales? if not they would pre-approve your application. You get first Pick from any high mileage, premium priced, just out of warranty European cars.

Maybe go to wuhan on your next trip, book New Zealand on Monday? Or better yet head to USA and see an nba game, or just stay local, buy some pre-sale Easter tickets perhaps.

Tom Hanks was thinking just like you.
China's a great idea boost $485 return no ques for the great wall and the virus will be worse in oz over the next few weeks

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Confirmed cases in the USA have doubled in the last 24 hours, from 1200 to 2500. They will be acting quickly to try and stop that rate of climb, if it continues at that rate in a week it will be 320,000. Mind you, I don't think they have enough test kits available at the moment to be able to test that many people, let alone confirm positive numbers.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So...time to panic?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Confirmed cases in the USA have doubled in the last 24 hours, from 1200 to 2500. They will be acting quickly to try and stop that rate of climb, if it continues at that rate in a week it will be 320,000. Mind you, I don't think they have enough test kits available at the moment to be able to test that many people, let alone confirm positive numbers.
Globally there is another 10,000 cases in the last 12 hours and we're now up to 248 cases in Australia.

Unfortunately there's not many test kits to go around. That and they don't have the hospital staff to test everyone. The other problem is that the testing isn't 100% accurate. There's different swabs they can get. Back of throat swab is about 30% accurate. Nasal swab (which is pretty uncomfortable to do) is about 40% accurate. The most accurate is discharge from the lungs but that requires you to be heavily infected, with strong symptoms, and be able to cough it up. And even then it's only about 70% accurate.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's never time to panic, for the simple reason that no matter how bad things get, panic will only make it worse.
Idk man, I panicked my way to some zafarelli pasta and flour this morning. Also got enough chickpeas and lentils to turn me into one lol.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Idk man, I panicked my way to some zafarelli pasta and flour this morning. Also got enough chickpeas and lentils to turn me into one lol.
That sounds sensible, so long as you didn't commit any criminal acts in the process.

Pretty soon you might be able to experiment on how many different ways you can prepare lentils. Hope you have some chilis, love them with lentils.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm telling you they will be encouraging people to get the virus soon to build immunity to it .the world economy can't handle it

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That sounds sensible, so long as you didn't commit any criminal acts in the process.

Pretty soon you might be able to experiment on how many different ways you can prepare lentils. Hope you have some chilis, love them with lentils.
I grow my own chillies!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Globally there is another 10,000 cases in the last 12 hours and we're now up to 248 cases in Australia.

Unfortunately there's not many test kits to go around. That and they don't have the hospital staff to test everyone. The other problem is that the testing isn't 100% accurate. There's different swabs they can get. Back of throat swab is about 30% accurate. Nasal swab (which is pretty uncomfortable to do) is about 40% accurate. The most accurate is discharge from the lungs but that requires you to be heavily infected, with strong symptoms, and be able to cough it up. And even then it's only about 70% accurate.
How many confirmed deaths?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
America is screwed and if you thought Morrison was a bad leader wait until you see Trump under any sort of crisis.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Just going to eat them straight out the can like a post apocalyptic veteran.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm absolutely over this!

NZ PM's conference today has single handedly ruined everything for us. Our wedding was in 2 weeks exactly in Auckland and I've just spent the last 5 hours telling my guests that the wedding is over. The emotional, financial and physical ride getting to this stage all for nothing.

Then you see these ***** at Woolies taking anything they can off the shelves. Just fucking over people and the reactive world we live in today!
Man sorry to hear mate. Hopefully something turns out in your favour here.
All the best

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the government decided to initiate a complete lockdown of Sydney or any other area that is responsible for large scale production, it would create more issues than the virus ever would.

If you have serious health issues that makes you likely to be at risk of this virus, then I can understand prepping accordingly and implementing a self imposed period of isolation. But all advice right now is telling people that the mortality rate isn't incredibly high among otherwise healthy people.

I don't think this is a zombie apocalypse type of situation where the struggle for resources will reach life or death proportions. But mass panic will no doubt contribute to some scarcity. It's a sad day for humanity when we stop trying to work together. It just highlights the difference between good people and assholes when you see some deciding to try to unload shelves through panic. Thankfully it's only been toilet paper so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.