News Dogs rookie reveals the moment he learned of shock Round 1 call-up

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
“I was (surprised). We trialled both times with ‘Cogs’, that was the starting side, they both had equal minutes. I was surprised, but that’s what head coaches are for. I believe in Dean and on Thursday we’ll see if he’s made the right choice,” Lewis said.

“I feel comfortable with ‘Wakes’ and I can’t wait to play. He’s a good fella and I hope we all play well so that things don’t turn around and we start pointing fingers.”

I don't think Lewis was singing from the same hymn book when he was convinced it was Cogger.

A

Alexander the Great

It could be his plan. Who fucking knows with these meatheads.

At the end if the day we have 3 players flighting it out for 1 spot. Foran is 100% walking back into his spot.
It puts pressure on Lewis to perform knowing that Foran will come right back into the team once fit.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It could be his plan. Who fucking knows with these meatheads.

At the end if the day we have 3 players flighting it out for 1 spot. Foran is 100% walking back into his spot.
What happens if Wakeham and Lewis play really well together and we're in the top 4 by the time Foran is ready to come back?

A

Alexander the Great

He is a bit simple though. Have you seen his interview's?

Does anyone know if he is related to the lichaa's? Must be from froudice
Lewis is a future origin player. He’s tuff and has a strong defensive attitude.

A

Alexander the Great

You would need Foran in the team if we were going into the finals. Wakeham or Lewis both have not played finals footy.

Really Lewis should be lock
What happens if Wakeham and Lewis play really well together and we're in the top 4 by the time Foran is ready to come back?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still dont agree with holland over katoa and stimson not in the 17

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis's comments are pretty self-righteous coming from a player that hasn't proven himself yet. If I'm kind, maybe he was trying not to put pressure on Wakeham and went overboard, but he talked him down all the same.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lachlan could have and should have refrained from comments regarding validation in the coming game against the Eels.

Whilst he’s technically accurate, it just sounds like he’s a jilted besty of Cogger.

In the process, he’s created unnecessary pressure on Wakeham.

He needed to back his teammate and show him he’s got his support, you can articulate that without sounding like your upset for your buddy...

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is starting to annoy me..
How he expected cogger to partner him right ?? Sounds like he doesn’t rate Wakeham. Wakeham is a confident player and he will have a great time

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Pay will do what he did lst year, rotate the players in and out ... Stimson will come in at some stage I reckon and Ogden and others...
When injuries come in fair enough but stimson was good enough to be in storms 17 all year but not for dean please

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think some of his comments are very damaging, his halves partner is questioning his selection and ability.

When Lewis says things like he hopes everyone does their job so fingers aren't pointed, it's not really needed or fair on a kid who's played 3 games.

Sometimes it's better just to say nothing.

Lewis probably prefers playing with Cogger because Cogger will take a back seat where as Lachy knows that Wakeham is all business and his mind will be set on making the team his

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How he expected cogger to partner him right ?? Sounds like he doesn’t rate Wakeham. Wakeham is a confident player and he will have a great time
As far as I'm concerned he hasn't earned the right to speak like that.. a lot of people have both cogger and wakeham ahead of him , so the cockyness is not appreciated.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
When injuries come in fair enough but stimson was good enough to be in storms 17 all year but not for dean please
Fair play to Dean if he makes Stimson start in reserves. He will get his turn no doubt, and I personally am a big fan, but he's lacked a bit of enthusiasm over the summer and a stint in the lower grades might be just what he needs