Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you read anything about the living conditions of those contracting this virus? I've tried to find some demographics info on this but so far been unable.
Nah. There's a lot of guess work but it's hard to say.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well that's the other thing. We consider that no Australians have died from this and it's likely that their receiving world class treatment - things those living in poorer countries do not have the luxury of affording.
Yep. Definitely a major factor. I think a larger number of the ones in China died due to the hospitals being too heavily inundated.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
people who have been in china are still coming in and they are getting taken aside for screening

but I don't like it because they have to offer up that they feel sick, they might want to lie and say they feel fine especially because it looks like they will be kidnapped if they say they feel sick

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Did anyone watch Four Corners last night. Alarming hospital conditions in China. Completely chaotic. Dead people in corridors..doctors stepping over them. The medical staff having stress attacks unable to treat so many people. Video of "authorities" carting off families out of their homes to who knows where and filming of them actually welding up and sealing in people in their homes....(so the person secretly filming on their phone said).

Watch it on iview...frightening stuff.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone watch Four Corners last night. Alarming hospital conditions in China. Completely chaotic. Dead people in corridors..doctors stepping over them. The medical staff having stress attacks unable to treat so many people. Video of "authorities" carting off families out of their homes to who knows where and filming of them actually welding up and sealing in people in their homes....(so the person secretly filming on their phone said).

Watch it on iview...frightening stuff.
Never miss 4 corners.

Have been following developments intently on you tube and a couple of news programs on Foxtel.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
people who have been in china are still coming in and they are getting taken aside for screening

but I don't like it because they have to offer up that they feel sick, they might want to lie and say they feel fine especially because it looks like they will be kidnapped if they say they feel sick
Oi, its not kidnapping if the Government does it. Its... population redistribution...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Got more detail? Like - any possibility of a mutation into something much more lethal?
Coronavirus like most viruses, has a short lifespan. And it has spread to many people. That gives it more time for mutation and if the mutation is effective then it'll enhance that mutation.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Coronavirus like most viruses, has a short lifespan. And it has spread to many people. That gives it more time for mutation and if the mutation is effective then it'll enhance that mutation.
Ok, so basically the longer it goes on, the more likely that it will get exponentially worse due to enhanced mutation. What we want is a quick decline and disappearance as was the case with sars.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok, so basically the longer it goes on, the more likely that it will get exponentially worse due to enhanced mutation. What we want is a quick decline and disappearance as was the case with sars.
Yep. There's a few things to keep in mind when it comes to SARS:

1) we got lucky. SARS spread pretty quickly but that was only due to poor quarantine and response. Eventually quarantine efforts worked. The virus stll exists in the population but it's not very potent

2) SARS is one of the main reasons why we won't have a vaccine for this virus for a long time. When SARS started, masses of pharmaceutical companies started working on vaccines. They spent billions developing vaccines and the virus ended itself. They're worried the same thing will happen with the current Coronavirus so they're afraid to spend money developing a vaccine

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, something that has the potential to ruin life on Earth, its already affecting global economics.
The Government needs to stop this entering this country, we up da shit..

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My best mate travelling home form work on the train.

Train packed, peak hours home rush.

He’s standing middle carriage.

Asian lady, sick, coughing, wearing those surgical mask.

She gets up, trips towards my mate.

At that very moment he had 2 options

1. catch her, be in risk of catching whatever it is she had

or

2. step aside and let her fall and hit her head

he choose option 2 and that’s what actually happened.

After she tripped a person then goes to comment, is that how you treat another human being?

For more context, my mate is Eurasian, he’s half Chinese. And has a 1 year old boy.

is he right or wrong?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So did you deduce that they were actually welding front doors closed and sealing people inside as it was made out in the mobile phone video? I couldn't fully verify what was said.
Never miss 4 corners.

Have been following developments intently on you tube and a couple of news programs on Foxtel.

Status
Not open for further replies.