News How the Bulldogs signed Super League star Luke Thompson

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate the only one who’s running with anything is you and your stubborn view that a) you know the value of contracts and b) you use said ‘knowledge’ to drive some incorrect assumption of what the Dogs have to pay to sign someone.

Breaking into clubs? How ridiculous.
You’re shredding your own credibility with such foolish remarks.
Just translating what you're basically saying to me. You're just as arrogant (and "ridiculous") as me.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Just translating what you're basically saying to me. You're just as arrogant as me.
No Brady I’m not - because I don’t make claims without evidence and dig my heels in when challenged. Now that’s arrogant!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Value is what the market will pay for a good or service. I don’t believe Foran had other $1m a year offers back in Sydney (always was coming back to look after his kids) I think Des made his son an offer he couldn’t refuse. Other clubs would have been gun shy due to
His injury history at Parra and warriors prior to signing with us. Anyway the main point was I don’t think Thommo is on overs if $700k is correct.
Everyone values people differently so it depends on person to person. I'm just saying my opinion based on what I value him as and what I've heard/seen he's on. If Foran had no other offers I don't see how it's possible to pay him that much (1m flat/3 years) with no competition. I think it's more likely another club did offer him somewhere around 800k/year and we had to up our offer to something he couldn't reject. Yes also he is Des' baby.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least 200k actually. I think he's worth something between 400-500k. Funny how Raiders get Bateman for unders and we're paying top dollar. I see some warning signs, but hey!
How do you know batemans on 350k? Was it reported anywhere more trustworthy then one of the newspapers?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No Brady I’m not - because I don’t make claims without evidence and dig my heels in when challenged. Now that’s arrogant!
I'm very arrogant and think I'm always right. I'll change my opinion when I see elsewise. Very similar to Gould in that sense.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How do you know batemans on 350k? Was it reported anywhere more trustworthy then one of the newspapers?
I linked all the articles (that I could find in 30 seconds) in a previous post. One is on the official NRL website (which usually don't include what a player is on).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'm very arrogant and think I'm always right. I'll change my opinion when I see elsewise.
Clearly that’s the case. I’m off to enjoy the rest of my Saturday night. I’ll leave you with a little tip: when you’re in a hole - stop digging.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Clearly that’s the case. I’m off to enjoy the rest of my Saturday night. I’ll leave you with a little tip: when you’re in a hole - stop digging.
I've been in much deeper holes. I don't think I'm in a hole tho and I'm still able to say the same things I was saying months ago.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I've been in much deeper holes. I don't think I'm in a hole tho and I'm still able to say the same things I was saying months ago.
Did you pay overs to get out of them?

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I linked all the articles (that I could find in 30 seconds) in a previous post. One is on the official NRL website (which usually don't include what a player is on).
I would think if its 350k maybe first year then up from that for consecutive years like how des used to do back ended deals. I highly doubt bateman is only on 350k a year. Although I guess thats approx 700k in pounds for him

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would think if its 350k maybe first year then up from that for consecutive years like how des used to do back ended deals. I highly doubt bateman is only on 350k a year. Although I guess thats approx 700k in pounds for him
He was seeking an upgrade towards the end of last season/year. Raiders will have to meet in the middle otherwise I see him joining another club (similar to Matterson). People might have a go at him for doing so but he's doing it to support his family. There is a really heartwarming video piece of Bateman you can find.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That one was lame. You're better than that.
And you’re better (or should be) than stooping to suggesting to breaking into clubs to prove contract values. On that note Brady - it’s been fascinating but there’s a bottle of wine with my name on it - and that’s more appealing. Cheers.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And you’re better (or should be) than stooping to suggesting to breaking into clubs to prove contract values. On that note Brady - it’s been fascinating but there’s a bottle of wine with my name on it - and that’s more appealing. Cheers.
Enjoy your night. Love you :hearteyes: .

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was seeking an upgrade towards the end of last season/year. Raiders will have to meet in the middle otherwise I see him joining another club (similar to Matterson). People might have a go at him for doing so but he's doing it to support his family. There is a really heartwarming video piece of Bateman you can find.
Yeah well hes worth it. Anyway no point arguing over a players price.
Lets just all hope Thompsons worth whatever it is we are paying him. I think he will fire for us, coming over with a point to prove.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t even bother any more
There is no constructive conversation going on
Arguing for the sake of it.