ScoMo's Holiday Outrage

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if he knows his days in the top job is limited
In my eyes there will be some difference but not much. This morriscum is devoid of emotion, he can stick to his prosperity cult and live with Brian Houston being his role model.

Whoever replaces him, of the leading contenders (except dutton), are smidgen better than him.

If its dutton, well then we're still fucked, i expect full on gestapo

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
NSW state liberal transport minister saying Morrison deserved it (the reception in cobargo) and that Morrison should open the cheque book.

Guess that flimsy surplus is too important for the federal libs.

I mean come the fuck on, even when ministers from his own side are calling him out, what the fuck are the rest of you defending?
This is what I mean. People can't fairly assess what our pollies are doing anymore.

Its all perceptions on who your party is. Bugger how they are governing. We vote for them and therefore tacitly don't care what they do...as long as it doesn't affect, or cost, me I can't be bothered.

When did this start happening?

We used to respect Parliament and our politicians to a far greater degree.

Was it children overboard when the first major manipulation of news started to sway elections. I don't remember a political party needing to demonise a religion or boat people to such an extent to use fear and hate before that.

Anyone else remember other scare campaigns prior to the current free for all.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
This is what I mean. People can't fairly assess what our pollies are doing anymore.

Its all perceptions on who your party is. Bugger how they are governing. We vote for them and therefore tacitly don't care what they do...as long as it doesn't affect, or cost, me I can't be bothered.

Was it children overboard when the first major manipulation of news started to sway elections. I don't remember a political party needing to demonise a religion or boat people to such an extent to use fear and hate before that.

People forget Mark Latham was favoured to defeat John Howard in 2004.

But the Libs knew Marks personality.
They knew if they got one of their guys to pose as a cameraman and press his buttons the wrong way he'd lash out and do something to make him lose popular favour.

And it worked, he punched a liberal plant posing as a neutral cameraman and reporter.

But I suppose if Mark was a bit smarter back then like Zlatan Ibrahimovic, he would of asked why a reporter was holding his own camera as that makes no sense?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It shows how dumb some people are that they jump on a bandwagon even when Morrison in this moment has done nothing wrong at all.

Sheep following the media narrative.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It shows how dumb some people are that they jump on a bandwagon even when Morrison in this moment has done nothing wrong at all.

Sheep following the media narrative.
Don't really follow the mainstream.
I didn't know what that slimy dried up turd looked like until 4 months in to his fair election where the people decided he would be our new P.M..

Oh wait.. fuck that last part new happened.
Tony Turnbull and Malcolm Abbott must feel raughted?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How disgusting is it that hundreds of Australians have gone on holidays to the South Coast while there is a national emergency?

How dare they have holidays booked in advance, they should have known things would get worse.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Newstart hasn't been raised in ages

Pensions still low

Indue card

Drug testing welfare recipients

These things being implemented with no scientific evidence that it works.

They're labelling poor people as deserving the shit they get, dont forget this scummo comes from a prosperity cult, ie if you're poor you deserve to be poor

And lastly I think shorten shits all over Morrison and Albanese.
I lost some respect for the Australian population after the lib/Nat coalition got back in. They had no policy for us to hold them accountable for. The majority of the population is suffering from a lower standard of living under successive liberal governments. But we're stupidly easy to fool with scare tactics. I worked at a nursing home during the election and the residents were easily convinced to have more concern about the budget surplus than funding for the hospital devices they rely on and pension growth.

NSW state liberal transport minister saying Morrison deserved it (the reception in cobargo) and that Morrison should open the cheque book.

Guess that flimsy surplus is too important for the federal libs.

I mean come the fuck on, even when ministers from his own side are calling him out, what the fuck are the rest of you defending?
The budget surplus could certainly have been spent hiring some of the hundreds of firefighting aircraft that are sitting inactive overseas. This extreme fire season wasn't a surprising occurrence to many who are employed in the industry. So it's extremely negligent that more wasn't done to prepare for it all.

Howard altered the media ownership laws which basically allowed a few people to get a monopoly on the views we see. For the most part people just don't dig any deeper than headlines. And the liberal party seems to have refined the politics of scare tactics down to a T. They've also worked out that a huge portion of the country can't focus on much more than three word slogans when politics are the topic. I really have lost respect for our population.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How disgusting is it that hundreds of Australians have gone on holidays to the South Coast while there is a national emergency?

How dare they have holidays booked in advance, they should have known things would get worse.
Not much hope for you if you can't tell the difference.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Heaps don't give a flying fuck Morrison went on holidays.

What they do give a flying fuck about, his office lying saying he wasn't on holidays, wasn't in Hawaii.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If he did nothing wrong, why did his office lie about it? The reality is leaders are expected to lead in times of crisis. His government was warned well in advance that this would be a bad fire season and the fires had already started before he got on the plane. That's not even mentioning his forced handshake incident. The man is a shitbag. Of all of the victims this fire season will claim, he is not one of them. Fuck him.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This could've been in the Grind My Gears thread, but I'm interested in a wider discussion about this.

Now, I'm a fan of ScoMo, however, I'm really trying to see this outrage from an unbiased perspective, and I just don't see it.

Our Prime Minister is flesh and blood, human, like the rest of us. He is also a man who is strong, and open. He is doing his best to do a fair job (which is by no means easy) and, and as far as I'm concerned, is the best PM we've had since John Howard.

People are outraged that he went on a holiday. Why? He is entitled to go on a holiday. There are ALWAYS going to be problems in the country, and he has every right to go on a holiday and take a break like the rest of us. What can he do, what possible difference will it make if he's here in the country or not? His physical presence here in Australia will not stop the nation from burning. It will not make the slightest bit of difference whether he is here or not, and he is NOT deserting us, he is simply going on a vacation.

If he decides to visit the affected areas after his holiday is over, is that so bad? He's still doing the deed, just at a later date.

I'm sorry if you disagree, but the way I see this is people who complain over this are people who most likely didn't vote for him in the first place, people who are upset with what has happened to their homes/land (hey, we are one country, it affects us all), and people who just like to whine and complain - like vegans.
No difference to Police Commissioner going Home to bed during the Lindt Cafe seige, wrong and doesn’t go down well with public.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lost some respect for the Australian population after the lib/Nat coalition got back in. They had no policy for us to hold them accountable for. The majority of the population is suffering from a lower standard of living under successive liberal governments. But we're stupidly easy to fool with scare tactics. I worked at a nursing home during the election and the residents were easily convinced to have more concern about the budget surplus than funding for the hospital devices they rely on and pension growth.

The budget surplus could certainly have been spent hiring some of the hundreds of firefighting aircraft that are sitting inactive overseas. This extreme fire season wasn't a surprising occurrence to many who are employed in the industry. So it's extremely negligent that more wasn't done to prepare for it all.

Howard altered the media ownership laws which basically allowed a few people to get a monopoly on the views we see. For the most part people just don't dig any deeper than headlines. And the liberal party seems to have refined the politics of scare tactics down to a T. They've also worked out that a huge portion of the country can't focus on much more than three word slogans when politics are the topic. I really have lost respect for our population.
Don't have to be Einstein to see who you vote for!
I worked on Public Housing repairs for two years met some wonderful families living and happily living in a commission house and looking after them, unfortunately that was about 5% of the population I met at the time, the rest were either on drugs booze or just too lazy even to pick up their shit while we were working in their homes saying that nearly all of them could afford takeaway for their meals and always had beer handy but lived in a shithole they didn't even clean! This is what you get when you give too many easy handouts ,

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don't have to be Einstein to see who you vote for!
I worked on Public Housing repairs for two years met some wonderful families living and happily living in a commission house and looking after them, unfortunately that was about 5% of the population I met at the time, the rest were either on drugs booze or just too lazy even to pick up their shit while we were working in their homes saying that nearly all of them could afford takeaway for their meals and always had beer handy but lived in a shithole they didn't even clean! This is what you get when you give too many easy handouts ,
So vote for Scomo and he'll make them pick up after themselves?

They're still out there no matter who's in Govt.

Or is that the Opposition's fault as well as pink batts, school halls, spending to stop a recession during the GFC, that is still wheeled out to avert attention and accountability by Friedburg and Cormann etc.

Critical thinking needed here.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol it’s always the same In every thread. Mental gymnastics in order to try and put the blame on anyone right wing like Morrison (albeit not even that right wing).
I’m sure the prime minister had people in charge over seeing the disaster who get paid to look after that area. It’s all political outrage. It’s good that the sensitives got arrested outside his home though. You dont get to use politics as a means to rock up to someone’s home. In America you’d rightfully be shot on the spot for trespassing. They should allow that law in Australia.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just to add. The outrage should be pointed towards the gays not allowing backburning yearly. Not saying that would have stopped a bushfire because they’re inevitable, but it would have lessened the craziness of these fires no doubt. It’s time to stop implementing facts with emotions and implement facts with logic and actual facts.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Everybody's getting in an opinion.

FB_IMG_1578046040432.jpeg