Movie Discussion

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Talking of Fonzie, I used to have a t-shirt that had this on it except the sentences were swapped around so it said AAAYYY!!! first. It used to get me a few looks back in the day lol.

fonzie.jpg

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118655/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

A 1960s secret agent is brought out of cryofreeze to oppose his greatest enemy in the 1990s, where his social attitudes are glaringly out of place.

This movie was great when I first watched it back in 1998. I couldn't get over how funny it was. It was the first Mike Myers movie that I watch, and I actually thought he was a pom after watching it. Vintage 90s-type comedy for anyone looking for a good laugh.

Elizabeth Hurley... FMD. She was banging in this movie.

8/10.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Central Intelligence

upload_2019-12-17_8-1-52.jpeg

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1489889/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

After he reconnects with an awkward pal from high school through Facebook, a mild-mannered accountant is lured into the world of international espionage.

For anyone who hasn't seen this movie, it's an action-comedy, and Kevin Hart is by far the funniest in this movie. It's one of those movies that's full of twists and turns, and you just don't know what to expect next. Not a bad movie.

7/10.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118655/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

A 1960s secret agent is brought out of cryofreeze to oppose his greatest enemy in the 1990s, where his social attitudes are glaringly out of place.

This movie was great when I first watched it back in 1998. I couldn't get over how funny it was. It was the first Mike Myers movie that I watch, and I actually thought he was a pom after watching it. Vintage 90s-type comedy for anyone looking for a good laugh.

Elizabeth Hurley... FMD. She was banging in this movie.

8/10.
Yep. All three were hilarious.. first two probably the best.

Apparently this scene was cut from the American release..

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yep. All three were hilarious.. first two probably the best.

Apparently this scene was cut from the American release..

That scene was. There was also a scene where 2 people died and they didn't show their family & friends reactions when they found out. One was for the guard who was in the room with Austin and Vanessa when they were being lowered into the water, and the other was the guard who was run over by the steam roller.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That scene was. There was also a scene where 2 people died and they didn't show their family & friends reactions when they found out. One was for the guard who was in the room with Austin and Vanessa when they were being lowered into the water, and the other was the guard who was run over by the steam roller.

Interesting. Apparently Americans have a different word for sherbet but surely that's not the reason..I'm sure most would have still got the reference ? Do you know anything about it?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Interesting. Apparently Americans have a different word for sherbet but surely that's not the reason..I'm sure most would have still got the reference ? Do you know anything about it?
I wouldn't have a clue about it to be honest. I don't think the term sherbet is the reason why that scene was cut as the other deleted scenes had no language/interpretation barrier. In fact the deleted bar scene for the guard that had his head eaten off was filmed at hooters which is huge in the US.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The Rezort

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3923662/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

The Rezort, a safari park, offers paying guests the opportunity to kill as many zombies as they please following an outbreak.

After a security malfunction, all the zombies are released all over the island, including the area that's specifically meant for the guests only. All hell breaks lose, and before you know it, the team are fighting for their lives and trying to make it to the beach to escape as the island is to be blown up. As you'd expect, they venture out together as a team, and one-by-one they start being killed off by zombies.

As you'd expect... the hot chick survives. The hot chick also happens to be an Aussie :D

4/10.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Caught the new Star Wars today. Won't spoil it for anyone but I will just say that it's full of fan service. Ignore the bad reviews too. If you read them the main critique is that the Asian girl from the second film didn't get enough screen time.

Very enjoyable. Many will hate it but I honestly think it was better than epsidoes 1-3 and episodes 7 and 8.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Won't spoil it for anyone but I will just say that it's full of fan service. .
I think that's been the theme for the whole "new" 6 films though - I don't think they were going to appeal to those beyond their fans, and maybe their children? Still - that is many millions of people, all buying the lego, the merch etc, so its a very profitable captive audience!

I for one wouldn't see it, but also wouldn't have reason to hate it either.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, in the Gentlemen, Guy Richie is returning to his gangsta/geezer roots from movies like Lock Stock, Snatch and Rock n Rolla. But will it be good? i saw some comments from advance screenings all positive, but you tend to get those sorts of comments from those (that's why they have them). i think Hugh Grant, a really good actor, is finally old and craggy looking enough to start doing good roles, rather than the pouffy haired malarkey of Four Weddings etc.

Going to be in Bangkok early January and will see a couple of films to get out of the heat. Think i'll check it out.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Rezort

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3923662/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

The Rezort, a safari park, offers paying guests the opportunity to kill as many zombies as they please following an outbreak.

After a security malfunction, all the zombies are released all over the island, including the area that's specifically meant for the guests only. All hell breaks lose, and before you know it, the team are fighting for their lives and trying to make it to the beach to escape as the island is to be blown up. As you'd expect, they venture out together as a team, and one-by-one they start being killed off by zombies.

As you'd expect... the hot chick survives. The hot chick also happens to be an Aussie :D

4/10.
How any movies do you watch a week?

Have you considered a hobby, or a girlfriend? :p

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
CBGB looks at New York's dynamic punk rock scene through the lens of the ground-breaking Lower East Side club started by eccentric Hilly Kristal in 1973 originally as a home for "country, bluegrass and blues" (thus the club's name) and which showcased cutting-edge bands through its closing in 2006. The Talking Heads, Patti Smith, The Ramones, Blondie, The Dead Boys, Bad Brains, Green Day, Soul Asylum, The Police, Bruce Springsteen, Everclear, George Thorogood, The Velvet Underground, Sonic Youth, The Black Crowes, The Flaming Lips, The Goo Goo Dolls, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, The B-52s, The Runaways, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Tool and The Wallflowers are just some of the thousands of bands that played the club over the years.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Caught the new Star Wars today. Won't spoil it for anyone but I will just say that it's full of fan service. Ignore the bad reviews too. If you read them the main critique is that the Asian girl from the second film didn't get enough screen time.

Very enjoyable. Many will hate it but I honestly think it was better than epsidoes 1-3 and episodes 7 and 8.
I caught it at midnight, I really enjoyed it. A lot going on and will require some more viewings to take everything in. There are some things I am not 100% happy about but most of those could have been fixed if Disney actually had a 3 movie plan from the start instead of making it up one movie at a time.

Hopefully if they ever do another trilogy they will take that approach.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Yeah I saw all the reviews, I was like wait what’s going on. So I went to vox hahaha and sure enough not enough asian women, racist and sexist people will like this Star Wars more. So it’s essentially stilll woke coz of women Mary Sue character but it isn’t a antifa like last Jedi abomination, so vox no like. Also if you don’t believe vox accuses people who like this new one as racists and sexists have a look at their article. So you’re a racist and sexist.