News Diamond Dogs! Canterbury set to launch $14 million bid for Turbo twins and David Fifita

Banned
Reaction score
1 million Latrell is still way better than 600k Sivo.... Sivo seems like a really raw player that's still learning the game and will always be a winger..
Stats also show he's crossing the line less the older he gets!

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we don't get any of them it only makes those clubs struggle to keep other players which they may have to release and we can make a play for. I think Dog's are playing bluff.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Fifita has to choose between Brisbane, The Roosters, Souths and us then I dare say we'll be a distant last when it comes time to make a decision.

Be prepared for more Napa like panic signings to try and "please the fans" after every other player worth signing rejects us.

I wouldn't mind if we signed all of the best young prospects as a back up plan, but they're all going to Nth Qld or other clubs and even then, we've lost some of our best juniors in the last two seasons under this regime when that was supposed to be what they were focusing on...

Instead we'll end up with more mediocre players like Meaney, Britt and Cogger who are solid but not good enough to help take the club to the next level.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Fifita has to choose between Brisbane, The Roosters, Souths and us then I dare say we'll be a distant last when it comes time to make a decision.

Be prepared for more Napa like panic signings to try and "please the fans" after every other player worth signing rejects us.

I wouldn't mind if we signed all of the best young prospects as a back up plan, but they're all going to Nth Qld or other clubs and even then, we've lost some of our best juniors in the last two seasons under this regime when that was supposed to be what they were focusing on...

Instead we'll end up with more mediocre players like Meaney, Britt and Cogger who are solid but not good enough to help take the club to the next level.
Maybe, or more signings like CHN, DWZ and Stimpson.. Not always Doom and Gloom mate.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would pay 1.1 million for Fifita....otherwise he will be off to the roosters....he is young....he is a rare talent...he is just what we need to build club around
Pigs you could argue u would go that far for all three considering they would put you in the mix for a title.

The reason you would go for the trboz is merely because that would probably be the cherry on top for Fafita in his decision process. Its not necessarily just about money anymore, we would have a team that could really challenge.

Business side of things? The sponsors and player managers would be beating the door down. The return in profits could be something we really need to become a powerhouse again.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe, or more signings like CHN, DWZ and Stimpson.. Not always Doom and Gloom mate.
Those three were good signings. But with $5 million plus to spend, they need to sign at least three or more upper echelon talents whether they're established stars or future stars.

Right now it's looking more and more likely that the best younger and established players will sign elsewhere or stay where they are. Which would be extremely disappointing after we've all waited years for the cap situation to finally be sorted and to have money to spend.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL rivals are clamouring for David Fifita. But it’s the Broncos in the box seat

Brisbane Broncos reportedly remain in the box seat to re-sign boom forward David Fifita despite a host of NRL rivals clamouring for the 19-year-old’s signature.
Fifita, who is about to enter the final year of his contract at Brisbane, is one of the most sought-after young talents in the game with the Roosters, Rabbitohs, Bulldogs and Eels among the clubs trying to lure him from Red Hill.

Such is his talent, it is believed Fifita could command as much as $1 million a season.

According to Fairfax, however, he is likely to snub the offers of a move to Sydney to remain in Queensland, even if the Broncos are unable to match the dollar sums being offered by other clubs.

Fifita may sign a short-term deal with a view to extending once the Broncos have breathing room in their salary cap. The space could be generated once Jack Bird’s lucrative deal expires at the end of 2021.

It would be a massive boost for the Broncos who have already locked down fellow young gun forward Payne Haas until the end of the 2024 season.

Fifita’s decision, meanwhile. is likely to have major ramifications for Roosters star Latrell Mitchell.

Foxsports.com.au’s James Hooper on Thursday reported the premiers’ pursuit of Fifita could force the star centre out of Bondi.

Mitchell will head to the open market from November 1 and clubs are lining up for a chance at securing one of the most explosive players in the NRL.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/94f433b94ca2e51347935a8964a193ae

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Those three were good signings. But with $6 million plus to spend, they need to sign at least three or more upper echelon talents whether they're established stars or future stars.

Right now it's looking more and more likely that the best younger and established players will sign elsewhere or stay where they are. Which would be extremely disappointing after we've all waited years for the cap situation to finally be sorted and to have money to spend.
Agree we need to get someone, but we cant just say they aren't doing their job when we cant approach anyone at this stage.
We need to see where the cards land after next Friday Nov 1, think this off season will be crazy.

If we don't get anyone of major quality, i'll be right with you bagging our recruitment team. Building now for 2021 is of the Highest Priority for this club to move forward and out of the current rut.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Bulldogs were a laughing stock when they publicly announced they were after Api Koroisau, Jesse Ramien and Herman Ese’ese but landed none even with the apparent $$$ we had to throw at them.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It does seem like a lot of doom and gloom doesn’t it. I get the feeling we could sign the whole kangaroos squad and some people wouldn’t be happy
I just don't quite buy in to the "no one wants to come here" argument, Canterbury is one of the proudest clubs in the comp and wont stay down. The club has done a great job in getting us out of the shit that Raelene, Des & Co left the joint in, we are starting to build a nice foundation right now and have the opportunity to buy 1-2 major $$ signings for 2021 along with some retention and other solid signings to make us serious contenders.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The Bulldogs were a laughing stock when they publicly announced they were after Api Koroisau, Jesse Ramien and Herman Ese’ese but landed none even with the apparent $$$ we had to throw at them.
I liked the clubs policy of not discussing recruitment. They get bombarded with emails and calls from “recruitment experts” and bowed to pressure. I hope they go back to not releasing info until we have signed players and the cooling off period has lapsed.

Also, some of the info released to the media has been crap to get them off our tail as with the DWZ signing. It has backfired though with some fans blowing up further and made some reporters like Paul Kent hate us even more which I don’t care about

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is always a plus side... It means other teams are paying overs and leaving the market to recruit or retain whilst the other names that pop up will come cheaper due to less competition.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just don't quite buy in to the "no one wants to come here" argument, Canterbury is one of the proudest clubs in the comp and wont stay down. The club has done a great job in getting us out of the shit that Raelene, Des & Co left the joint in, we are starting to build a nice foundation right now and have the opportunity to buy 1-2 major $$ signings for 2021 along with some retention and other solid signings to make us serious contenders.
The future will be bright only if the people in charge have this mentality The club comes FIRST !
Individuals success
derives from the clubs success !

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is always a plus side... It means other teams are paying overs and leaving the market to recruit or retain whilst the other names that pop up will come cheaper due to less competition.
It's always good to get what you want !
But...It's more important to get what you need !!!