After last night.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foran is not in the future plans. Unfortunatley, he is done and dusted. We wont be winning a comp next year with or without him.

Playing Foran just holds back the future development and combination of the spine all together.

Foran can finish off his Dogs contract, playing injured in Cup or can look for another club.

Lewis is not a half let alone a hooker. Lewis cannot kick if his life was dependent on it
If Foran is here next year as long as he is fit, he’ll start, you don’t play him in reserves on 1 mill

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
When I used to wish for things or say how much I wanted something, my dad used to say, "wish in one hand, and shit in the other, and tell me which one gets full first". The point being, we wont be massively overhauling our team next year. We will be lucky to make a few small changes. 2021 is obviously the big changing of the guard, but as I understand it, this thread is more about next year, hence the limited changes.
I've never been an advocate for mass changes so I don't see why your telling me this.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
After last nights great effort.. oh boy, pay still has to go..!! :tired:

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Welcome glad to see your conviction and willingness to speak your mind.

I just think Lewis is worth a go at hooker instead of Lichaa or JMK. But then again I have also suggested Meaney & Crichton to be tried this year in our other problem area centres.

I just don’t want to die wandering.

Anyway once again welcome.
Cheers brother

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
DWZ, JMK, Jackson and Napa (if fit) fill their roles. Need to buy an elite half and an above avg winger but I don't think any elite halves are for sale. I'd trade anyone else to get an elite half but I'd want to keep Hoppa, Cogger, Lewis, CHN, but still let them go if need be.

Compare those positions with Manly and Melbourne

DCE / Munster / Foran
JTurbo / Kaufusi Bromich Nelson / Napa Jackson
Taufua / Addo-Carr / Smith
Koroisau / Smith / JMK
Turbo / Hughes / DWZ

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Foran is here next year as long as he is fit, he’ll start, you don’t play him in reserves on 1 mill
$1m or $1 it does not matter.

He is nothing but a distraction and hindering the future development of our spine

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If our halves got paid a bonus for every repeat set or kick leading to try I bet we'd be fringe top 8 by now

I swear we get the fewest repeat sets from kicks and fewest tries from kicks

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You realise with him not at fullback we still on the bottom of the ladder.
I'm thinking more down the line as a premiership winning team. Just think you need a more electric and well rounded footballer but then again he is only 23. Damn we got a young squad.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Found the back 3 every time last night.

On another note, all our halves need to learn how to put a spiral and torpedo bomb up. For the last 5 years all i have been seeing is shallow end over end chip kicks
Pretty sure Lewis put up a few yesterday... his bombs aren't easy catches. And of course you are going to find the back three when u put up high kicks. He doesn't try to drive them and place them and its doesn't make much of a difference unless you're trying to hit 40/20z

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If our halves got paid a bonus for every repeat set or kick leading to try I bet we'd be fringe top 8 by now

I swear we get the fewest repeat sets from kicks and fewest tries from kicks
Constantly done so probably part of the gameplan.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Found the back 3 every time last night.

On another note, all our halves need to learn how to put a spiral and torpedo bomb up. For the last 5 years all i have been seeing is shallow end over end chip kicks
It's only natural a bomb will find a defending player. The hang time makes this so. But if it's in the air long enough the defense has the time to man up and keep them pinned in their end of the field. Lewis achieved this on almost all of his kicks, therefore his kicking game was on point in my opinion.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
After last night, who would you keep for the future and which positions need help.

In my opinion to become a top 4 side and potential premiers the dogs are missing in these positions...

1...…..
2.DWZ
3.Hoppa
4...…..
5.Smith
6. Wakeham / Lewis / Coggar
7. Wakeham / Lewis / Coggar
8...…..
9...…..
10...…
11.CHN
12.Stimpson
13.Jacko

14. JMK
15. Tolman
16. Napa
17. Elliot

What's you're say?

Who can be promoted and who should we buy?
Why would you put our best FB since Barba in the 2? Someone else has DWZ in the 5. Have i stepped into bizarro world?

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's only natural a bomb will find a defending player. The hang time makes this so. But if it's in the air long enough the defense has the time to man up and keep them pinned in their end of the field. Lewis achieved this on almost all of his kicks, therefore his kicking game was on point in my opinion.
Fair enough.

We are all entitled to our own opinions, and imo his kicking game was crap and his kicking game in general is nonexistent

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why would you put our best FB since Barba in the 2? Someone else has DWZ in the 5. Have i stepped into bizarro world?
If we don't sign Latrell for 1m when he's available, we're crazy. On that $ he almost has to (doesn't have to, but would be 1st player actually signed for 1m playing at Centre?) play Fullback. If we can't get Trbojevic or Latrell then it's a real conversation to leave DWZ at Fullback.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DWZ is doing well at FB but considering we will have a fair bit of cap to play with in 2021 wouldn't go someone that is more likely to help u win a GF?

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Leave Dallin at fullback and i would go hard for Ramian and Possibly curtis Scott if not young Jake Averillo from the 20s has first grade written all over him. Probly Centre
Word has it the sharks are circling for Ramian and might possibly sign him

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Word has it the sharks are circling for Ramian and might possibly sign him
If they have 500k in the cap for next year (remember they're penalised next year) then I think Ramien going back to the Sharks is potentially a good fit, but keep in mind they have Xerri, Morris and Dugan already fighting over 2 Centre positions.