News Pay confirms interest in api and Raimen

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For any club to pick up Api from manly they will need to pay full freight.
Manly aren’t willing to chip in a cent
I’ve been told he’s on roughly 550-600k a year
Don’t think he’s worth that much now that he’s inj prone
Just my 2 cents
But I know for a fact the only thing stopping him from signing is financial.
Fuck that. If Manly are playing hardball, then tough luck. Good luck trying to re-sign the Turbos and everyone else with Api eating up that much. We desperately need a hooker but not that badly!

Unless Api is signed for around 400k, he's not worth it considering he's missed nearly 30 games the last two seasons...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are in between a rock and hard place in relation to paying freight on Api because we aren’t the only club interested in him. Manly are going to be looking for the best deal and he will probably go to the club willing to pick up the most of his contract.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ese’ese is all but over the line unless ...
Tigers lose packer and can medically retire matulino
Ese’ese manager holding out for tigers last min bid
Dogs should give Ese’ese and his greedy manager a deadline to sign or else
He’s already had his medical clearance come through at belmore
Why the hard on for tigers?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We are in between a rock and hard place in relation to paying freight on Api because we aren’t the only club interested in him. Manly are going to be looking for the best deal and he will probably go to the club willing to pick up the most of his contract.
Fuck Manly and Koriosau if that's the case, someone else will pop up down the track

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck Manly and Koriosau if that's the case, someone else will pop up down the track
I wouldn’t care paying full freight if it’s $600k hooker has been a trouble area for such a long time and he fixes it. Anyway I’m always hesitant to believe all the numbers that get thrown around in these situations there’s so many things that might not be accurate and we will never know the full details anyway.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Making panic decisions like the Napa signing or paying full freight for Api will just get the club in another cap mess.

As much as we need another hooker, I'd rather another season of JMK than get into a bidding war for Api.

I still don't know why the club aren't going all out to sign Grant or Robson if he's still available. Both would cost no more than 300k and would be ready to contribute straight away.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Making panic decisions like the Napa signing or paying full freight for Api will just get the club in another cap mess.

As much as we need another hooker, I'd rather another season of JMK than get into a bidding war for Api.

I still don't know why the club aren't going all out to sign Grant or Robson if he's still available. Both would cost no more than 300k and would be ready to contribute straight away.
Personally I wouldn’t have a issue paying full freight for Api but that’s me. Going another season with JMK just doesn’t cut it.

Grant is contracted and if the player and club say no it’s a bit hard to go all out for them. There’s hasn’t been any news in relation to Robson for a while and last we heard it was a done deal at the Cowboys.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn’t have a issue paying full freight for Api but that’s me. Going another season with JMK just doesn’t cut it.

Grant is contracted and if the player and club say no it’s a bit hard to go all out for them. There’s hasn’t been any news in relation to Robson for a while and last we heard it was a done deal at the Cowboys.
Going another season with pay just doesn't cut it.

Leave jmk alone, the kid is a machine and was getting better and better before he got injured, he started to split the defences at ease

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Going another season with pay just doesn't cut it.

Leave jmk alone, the kid is a machine and was getting better and better before he got injured, he started to split the defences at ease
JMK a machine? He’s a bench utility at best and wouldn’t be starting at any other club.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We aren’t winning the comp next season but paying $600k for Api is madness and takes us back to a few years ago.
I’d rather another season of JMK and we’d have the ability to take the broom throughout the whole roster

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What other club is going to pay 600k for Koroisau? If no one then we'll be able to get Manly to pay a portion. There's no way they'll keep Koroisau on the books when Fainu is just as good, if not better, and they have to free cap space for the Trbojevic brothers (probably main reason why I wouldn't sign him, since I want the Trbojevic brothers).

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK a machine? He’s a bench utility at best and wouldn’t be starting at any other club.
Mate, it took cronk for example time and countless practise sessions, to become the player he become.
Look at jmk attributes,he can produce bullet passes ..off the ground mind you left and right,( doesn't need to take a step or two like lichaa) he is quick, he can kick, and now starting to split the defences....did I mention he tackles his heart out....we have a good one, let him evolve ......What don't you like about him ?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What other club is going to pay 600k for Koroisau? If no one then we'll be able to get Manly to pay a portion. There's no way they'll keep Koroisau on the books when Fainu is just as good, if not better, and they have to free cap space for the Trbojevic brothers (probably main reason why I wouldn't sign him, since I want the Trbojevic brothers).
Let's not fall into this trap.
If we are serious about the turbo boys, why help manly by taking their overpaid hooker

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate, it took cronk for example time and countless practise sessions, to become the player he become.
Look at jmk attributes,he can produce bullet passes ..off the ground mind you left and right,( doesn't need to take a step or two like lichaa) he is quick, he can kick, and now starting to split the defences....did I mention he tackles his heart out....we have a good one, let him evolve ......What don't you like about him ?
He has no vision and never engages the markers. Every run he makes is telegraphed and he has decided to run before the ball is even played. It’s not like he has seen no one at marker then decided to run. He just lacks any attacking flair it was his downfall in the halves and it’s a problem at hooker too. To his credit he does tackle and his service is up to standard but we just need more then that from a hooker these days.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

If they play hard ball I'd ask Havilli if he'd like a starting gig and just use JMK at 14. Could even ask Joey Lussick if he's keen to return from SL

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has no vision and never engages the markers. Every run he makes is telegraphed and he has decided to run before the ball is even played. It’s not like he has seen no one at marker then decided to run. He just lacks any attacking flair it was his downfall in the halves and it’s a problem at hooker too. To his credit he does tackle and his service is up to standard but we just need more then that from a hooker these days.
Earlier in the season, yes you are spot on.
But recently before he got injured, he started to engage the markers, and run the ball without it being telegraphed or run before the play the ball as you mentioned.
I was quite impressed with his progression and just unlucky he got injured.
Vision, I think he has it, remember the cut out ball he threw and won the game in the trial again Canberra, was hoping to see more of it to be honest, but definitely a work in progress.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If pay can get these two there will be little glimpse of respect for him... (not alot) and I still stand firm by what I say #payout .. and he will give our new coach something better to work with :-)

However still not convinced until it happens..!!

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Grant extended for one year

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Earlier in the season, yes you are spot on.
But recently before he got injured, he started to engage the markers, and run the ball without it being telegraphed or run before the play the ball as you mentioned.
I was quite impressed with his progression and just unlucky he got injured.
Vision, I think he has it, remember the cut out ball he threw and won the game in the trial again Canberra, was hoping to see more of it to be honest, but definitely a work in progress.
I agree he has shown some signs but he just hasn’t shown enough to be our number one hooker next year for mine. Have him on the bench as a utility with a experienced hooker starting would help with his development even more. This conversation might be all for nothing anyway if we don’t buy another hooker because he will be guaranteed the starting role with Lichaa gone.