Holbrook cannot come soon enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree we need a new coach...but why Holbrook...why not Griffin or Kevin Walters? Because they don't have the bulldog DNA?
i would have anthony griffin as head of recruitment, he can spot young talent

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
September 1st can't come soon enough.. at least we will know then which coach we will have and if we buy memberships for 2020 because according to Pay it's near pointless.. what an idiot.
Bingo. Just run for cover now as you will be abused by the lovers

sberry

New Pup
Reaction score
Hey Guys

First time poster, long time reader. I actually joined the Kennel the day before Des was fired (good luck charm) but I’m too much of a lazy prick to post anything. I almost did with the Latrell rumor (which I’m a huge fan of) but this Pay thing is forcing me into action so hopefully you guys don’t mind me ranting like a fucking lunatic for a bit – as a long suffering Bulldogs fan, I think I’m entitled to

I was having a very good day yesterday and then in the space of 12 hours, Ferrari fucks up in qualifying and now this ridiculous rumour of Holbrook signing with the Titans has ruined my day.

I’m still hopeful that it’s BS and that he has indeed signed with us

When you think about it, why the hell would he sign with the Titans? If you do a comparison between our clubs, we have them beat on every single factor:

· We have a 12-month turnaround compared to their 3-year turnaround

· We WILL be here in 10 years’ time – they MAY not be

· We can afford to pay him the highest salary if he’s successful – they can’t match us

· He’s from Sydney, and presumably his wife is too and he has 4 kids – so moving to Sydney would allow him and his wife to be closer to their families – Gold Coast is a 1-hour flight from Sydney

Last but not least, he’s a fuckign Bulldogs fan. When we were chasing Teddy, one of the reasons he chose the Roosters over us was because he grew up as a Rooster’s fan – that emotional attachment he had to the Roosters is what got him over the line with them. Finally, we have that powerful advantage working in our favour so how about we fuckign use it.

The ONLY advantage GC has over us is the lifestyle factor but being a family man, I can’t see that being a big factor

Staying in St Helens doesn't make much sense either since he only went over there to gain experience and build up his resume. Now that he’s been noticed by every NRL club, there is no point in staying over there as the best he can do is maintain his record

Based on all that, I was VERY confident Holbrook would sign with us….especially based on Assassin and Teddybear both posting last week that their sources had said it was a done deal at the Dogs for 3 years starting from 2020.

Personally, I trust their sources more than this someone posting he had signed with GC but who the fuck knows. Assassin mentioned his source was an ex-board member who had a 90% success rate so I don’t see why we he would make shit up. Also, SweetFA, who started the Holbrook rumour did mentioned that Hill was in the UK to speak to Holbrook which would at least suggest an offer has at least been made on our end

Not to mention there was a rumour last week that a Bulldogs official or powerbroker was bragging to all and sundry that it was a done deal at the Dogs so again I’m hoping that is the case.

This fucking roller-coaster of emotions is driving me nuts…just get it over with it already

Also, a couple of days ago somebody mentioned that Pay was going to be sacked before the Sharks game, during the Bye week, but then the fucking Sharks came out and played like shit (us) and we won. That stupid win probably fucked everything up as you can’t sack a coach after a great win.

Since then what has changed, we beat the Knights, due to Gavet getting binned and then we lost to the Broncos. If the rumour was true, then what has changed the boards mind to convince them to stick with Pay …nothing. Having 2 wins, when the opposition played shit, doesn’t change anything – Pay is still a shit coach.

My issue with Pay is very simple – yes we have a shit roster, but that’s no excuse for having no attacking structures. Why the fuck are our forwards still hogging the ball inside the opposition 20? Because Lichaa keeps giving them the ball. When you have the greatest halfbacks in the game – Johns, Thurston, Alexander, Kimmorely all stating that they can’t see our attacking structure, there's a reason for that…because it doesn’t exist. THAT IS 1000000% PAYS’ FAULT…NOT THE PLAYERS

Not to mention Pay’s obsession with fucking Elliot? I think Mr I was right, maybe he feels guilty for the Mad Monday incident so he keeps picking him to make it up to him

Don’t forget the fact (and it’s a fact because it comes from the players families) that he doesn't talk to certain players. But don’t worry folks, Kerrod Holland can use his power of telepathy to read pay’s mind to know how what he has to improve as a player and get back into the NRL side

To win a premiership, you need good players and a good coach. Yes, you can probably fluke a premiership with an average coach, but to have long term consistent, sustained success, you need both

Look at F1, Bottas and Raikkonen have the same cars as their teammates, but are no match for Vettel and Hamilton. Why, because Raikkonen and Bottas are AVERAGE drivers in good cars. Vettel and Hamilton are world champions because they are great divers in great cars.

Fuck me it’s amateur hour with Pay….and with the Anderson’s refusal to sack him because they lack the balls to do so. Can you imagine Bullfrog or Nick Politis tolerating that shit?

Maybe after today’s loss, he’ll get the boot and Holbrook will be announced – either way, we’ll know this week…FINALLY.

Like a few people have mentioned, this is a very critical decision for me. I used to watch every single game, watch every NRL show, listen to every radio show, etc. My engagement in league was at 100% when we were successful. But since 2017, I seriously couldn’t give a fuck about the NRL anymore. I watch the Dogs game and that’s it. And even so, the emotion I have after a loss is almost non-existent. I get pissed for 5 minutes and that’s it. It used to take me days sometimes to get over a loss. Hell, I used to get so nervous, I couldn’t even watch games live

If we sign Holbrook, I can see the light. I can see us being a top 4 side in 2021 and challenging for the comp every year for the next 10 years. The next few years will be awesome.

If Holbrook signs with GC, I can’t see the light so I’ll be done with the NRL. As someone mentioned in a different post, they were looking for any reason to justify to themselves to abandon the NRL – I am in the same boat. This will be the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. Of course, one day we will get back on top, but I’m not going to wait around for that – I may be a fuckign idiot but I'm not a masochist – I don’t have the patience to tolerate another 4-5 years of mediocrity. Life is too short, and too stressful, to continue supporting a team that is deliberately punishing itself. Some people will criticize me, and probably rightly so, for not being a real fan and they are absolutely right – but at the end of the day I just can’t do it. I am doing it protect myself; not as a way to punish the game or the club. I love the club, and I always will, but it’s just too painful and stressful to watch them go through this.

I always laugh at these idiots who spend every 5 minutes on their phone checking their social media (I don’t because I don’t have social media) yet I find myself doing the same thing. I’m on the fucking forum every 5 minutes, or on the league news sites looking for anything positive about the club that I can look forward to because I don’t get any enjoyment form the game anymore.

Missing out on Hollbrook would be a bigger kick in the balls than missing out on Tedesco, Jerome Hughes, Reece Robson and Sam Walker COMBINED (plus letting Cook go). I’ll probably hang around the forum for a couple of weeks to find out why but then I’m done. I’ll probably come back in 5 years but this disgusting nightmare is over

Fuck me, I just realized how long this post is...sorry about that guys. Just couldn't help myself

One final thing I’m curious about…. the silence is deafening from all the posters on here who usually have the inside gossip. All those guys who knew about the Latrell Mitchell deal before the regular members did are eerily quiet…either because they don’t know anything because there is nothing to know (FUCK I HOPE NOT) or they do know what's going on but they’ve been burned following the Latrell deal and have opted to keep quiet so as not to betray their sources or alert the media (FINGERS CROSSED)

If you do know something…good or bad…please let us know.

Cheers

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey Guys

First time poster, long time reader. I actually joined the Kennel the day before Des was fired (good luck charm) but I’m too much of a lazy prick to post anything. I almost did with the Latrell rumor (which I’m a huge fan of) but this Pay thing is forcing me into action so hopefully you guys don’t mind me ranting like a fucking lunatic for a bit – as a long suffering Bulldogs fan, I think I’m entitled to

I was having a very good day yesterday and then in the space of 12 hours, Ferrari fucks up in qualifying and now this ridiculous rumour of Holbrook signing with the Titans has ruined my day.

When you think about it, why the hell would he sign with the Titans? If you do a comparison between our clubs, we have them beat on every single factor:

· We can afford to pay him the highest salary if he’s successful – they can’t match us

· He’s from Sydney, and presumably his wife is too and he has 4 kids – so moving to Sydney would allow him and his wife to be closer to their families – Gold Coast is a 1-hour flight from Sydney

Last but not least, he’s a fuckign Bulldogs fan. When we were chasing Teddy, one of the reasons he chose the Roosters over us was because he grew up as a Rooster’s fan – that emotional attachment he had to the Roosters is what got him over the line with them. Finally, we have that powerful advantage working in our favour so how about we fuckign use it.

The ONLY advantage GC has over us is the lifestyle factor but being a family man, I can’t see that being a big factor

Staying in St Helens doesn't make much sense either since he only went over there to gain experience and build up his resume. Now that he’s been noticed by every NRL club, there is no point in staying over there as the best he can do is maintain his record

Based on all that, I was VERY confident Holbrook would sign with us….especially based on Assassin and Teddybear both posting last week that their sources had said it was a done deal at the Dogs for 3 years starting from 2020.

Personally, I trust their sources more than this someone posting he had signed with GC but who the fuck knows. Assassin mentioned his source was an ex-board member who had a 90% success rate so I don’t see why we he would make shit up. Also, SweetFA, who started the Holbrook rumour did mentioned that Hill was in the UK to speak to Holbrook which would at least suggest an offer has at least been made on our end

Not to mention there was a rumour last week that a Bulldogs official or powerbroker was bragging to all and sundry that it was a done deal at the Dogs so again I’m hoping that is the case.

This fucking roller-coaster of emotions is driving me nuts…just get it over with it already

Also, a couple of days ago somebody mentioned that Pay was going to be sacked before the Sharks game, during the Bye week, but then the fucking Sharks came out and played like shit (us) and we won. That stupid win probably fucked everything up as you can’t sack a coach after a great win.

Since then what has changed, we beat the Knights, due to Gavet getting binned and then we lost to the Broncos. If the rumour was true, then what has changed the boards mind to convince them to stick with Pay …nothing. Having 2 wins, when the opposition played shit, doesn’t change anything – Pay is still a shit coach.

My issue with Pay is very simple – yes we have a shit roster, but that’s no excuse for having no attacking structures. Why the fuck are our forwards still hogging the ball inside the opposition 20? Because Lichaa keeps giving them the ball. When you have the greatest halfbacks in the game – Johns, Thurston, Alexander, Kimmorely all stating that they can’t see our attacking structure, there's a reason for that…because it doesn’t exist. THAT IS 1000000% PAYS’ FAULT…NOT THE PLAYERS

Not to mention Pay’s obsession with fucking Elliot? I think Mr I was right, maybe he feels guilty for the Mad Monday incident so he keeps picking him to make it up to him

Don’t forget the fact (and it’s a fact because it comes from the players families) that he doesn't talk to certain players. But don’t worry folks, Kerrod Holland can use his power of telepathy to read pay’s mind to know how what he has to improve as a player and get back into the NRL side

To win a premiership, you need good players and a good coach. Yes, you can probably fluke a premiership with an average coach, but to have long term consistent, sustained success, you need both

Look at F1, Bottas and Raikkonen have the same cars as their teammates, but are no match for Vettel and Hamilton. Why, because Raikkonen and Bottas are AVERAGE drivers in good cars. Vettel and Hamilton are world champions because they are great divers in great cars.

Fuck me it’s amateur hour with Pay….and with the Anderson’s refusal to sack him because they lack the balls to do so. Can you imagine Bullfrog or Nick Politis tolerating that shit?

Maybe after today’s loss, he’ll get the boot and Holbrook will be announced – either way, we’ll know this week…FINALLY.

Like a few people have mentioned, this is a very critical decision for me. I used to watch every single game, watch every NRL show, listen to every radio show, etc. My engagement in league was at 100% when we were successful. But since 2017, I seriously couldn’t give a fuck about the NRL anymore. I watch the Dogs game and that’s it. And even so, the emotion I have after a loss is almost non-existent. I get pissed for 5 minutes and that’s it. It used to take me days sometimes to get over a loss. Hell, I used to get so nervous, I couldn’t even watch games live

If we sign Holbrook, I can see the light. I can see us being a top 4 side in 2021 and challenging for the comp every year for the next 10 years. The next few years will be awesome.

If Holbrook signs with GC, I can’t see the light so I’ll be done with the NRL. As someone mentioned in a different post, they were looking for any reason to justify to themselves to abandon the NRL – I am in the same boat. This will be the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. Of course, one day we will get back on top, but I’m not going to wait around for that – I may be a fuckign idiot but I'm not a masochist – I don’t have the patience to tolerate another 4-5 years of mediocrity. Life is too short, and too stressful, to continue supporting a team that is deliberately punishing itself. Some people will criticize me, and probably rightly so, for not being a real fan and they are absolutely right – but at the end of the day I just can’t do it. I am doing it protect myself; not as a way to punish the game or the club. I love the club, and I always will, but it’s just too painful and stressful to watch them go through this.

I always laugh at these idiots who spend every 5 minutes on their phone checking their social media (I don’t because I don’t have social media) yet I find myself doing the same thing. I’m on the fucking forum every 5 minutes, or on the league news sites looking for anything positive about the club that I can look forward to because I don’t get any enjoyment form the game anymore.

Missing out on Hollbrook would be a bigger kick in the balls than missing out on Tedesco, Jerome Hughes, Reece Robson and Sam Walker COMBINED (plus letting Cook go). I’ll probably hang around the forum for a couple of weeks to find out why but then I’m done. I’ll probably come back in 5 years but this disgusting nightmare is over

Fuck me, I just realized how long this post is...sorry about that guys. Just couldn't help myself

One final thing I’m curious about…. the silence is deafening from all the posters on here who usually have the inside gossip. All those guys who knew about the Latrell Mitchell deal before the regular members did are eerily quiet…either because they don’t know anything because there is nothing to know (FUCK I HOPE NOT) or they do know what's going on but they’ve been burned following the Latrell deal and have opted to keep quiet so as not to betray their sources or alert the media (FINGERS CROSSED)

Cheers
Welcome mate..

Full marks for effort bud, long write up. But I Couldn’t read , just skim read..!! But we all know pay needs to go.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Cheers
It’s a difficult situation we are in.i don’t think Holbrook is going to change much.we just don’t have the players to compete at the moment.we missed 50 tackles last week.thats got nothing to do with pay it’s attitude.rhyse Martin was a shit defender he was lazy.no big loss.
Mariner is the same lazy in defence.
Lachlan Lewis likes seeing his head on video.mate ur a rookie stop talking it up and work on your game.he started making basic errors and rightly so pay dropped him.We all need to remember pay inherited this side.we didn’t need Napa.that was a knee jerk signing.we should have said to Newcastle you take Klemperer give us Herman.
We need a Hooker ASAP.lichaa just hasn’t worked.we also need a centre gagai yes please.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The reason Pay is here isn't because the board do not want to sack him, but there is no one available that they consider better then him (that wants to come to the club in its current state). If they think Holbrook is the man then he'll be here next year (or the year after) otherwise they'll wait until a better coach, e.g. Flanagan (not sure who else) is available for 2021. What's the point signing Holbrook for next year when he's going to struggle with the squad we have (ruin his reputation and confidence) and we're going to be forced to stay with him when maybe someone better just came on the market. We need a long term coach and not flip flop between people. I myself, but a lot of people don't actually know what to look for with "attacking structures" and I'm pretty sure every team runs majority of the same plays anyways. They just run them at better times and mix up the pace. I personally think it's what happens outside the structures that win you games, feeling/instinctual players, top players, etc. Also if you think Lichaa passing to forwards in the 20 is Pay's fault, then it's also Des' fault because he did the same thing with Des as a coach too. Look how Des is doing now (there team is miles ahead of ours, strike players everywhere).

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well said mate. Just run for cover now the pay fan boys will come out and abuse you and call you fair weathered fans (when you are likely a member like me
For over a decade at only 30 lol), well for the next 20 minutes anyway till he once again shows his out of his depth.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Most here hate Des, but weve gone off the scale completely since he left ..

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Bulldogs players do have talent, but to me some have become complacent.

Lachlan Lewis is a good example. IMO he believed his own hype. (now watch him have a blinder)

Pay has to have the balls to drop & promote players.

He seems to be a great bloke, but he has to have a tough side & go off at them at training etc.

I know the players have set training hours etc, but do any of them do extra. (in their own time)

Yes the players seem to run out of gas, don't know if the training is stale or if the players aren't giving 100% during training.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Cheers
Welcome mate ,
So youve been too lazy to post anything then the post you do is a novel

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The Bulldogs players do have talent, but to me some have become complacent.

Lachlan Lewis is a good example. IMO he believed his own hype. (now watch him have a blinder)

Pay has to have the balls to drop & promote players.

He seems to be a great bloke, but he has to have a tough side & go off at them at training etc.

I know the players have set training hours etc, but do any of them do extra. (in their own time)

Yes the players seem to run out of gas, don't know if the training is stale or if the players aren't giving 100% during training.
I disagree with Lewis, he has a very good head on his shoulders. He's actually came out and said he didn't deserve all the hype he received to (didn't think he earned it).

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I disagree with Lewis, he has a very good head on his shoulders. He's actually came out and said he didn't deserve all the hype he received to (didn't think he earned it).
Maybe he should have said that in all the interviews he did.

Not when he was dropped.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holbrook wants to sign with us but the board are considering keeping pay for the remainder of his contract. Stupid move ! That's the last time I heard. I hope I'm wrong and things have changed since then. Guys we need to be more Vocal show that we want pay axed like maybe putting a big sign Infront of Belmore saying sack pay and one at every game in the grand stands lol

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the rumours are true They won’t sign any decent players with it as a coach if I was a player in my prime and had to choose to be coached by pay or Trent Robinson or one of those coaches it a no brainer

sberry

New Pup
Reaction score
sorry guys. I just started typing and then boom
My issue is it's all about perception. Pay has the perception of being a bad coach...fair or not, when you only have a win rate of 30%, shit (non-existent) attacking structures and it's known that you don't speak to some players while having favourites - who the fuck would want to sign with us? Holbrook on the other hand has an 80% win rarte and players talk about him in glowing terms (Coote for example) so the perception is he is a good coach - justified or not. If holbrook is coach, we are MUCH more likely to sign players without having to pay massive overs
Apparently we were after Lomax, well if you're in Lomax's shoes, are you more likely to sign with us with Pay or Holbrook as coach? Seriously?

sberry

New Pup
Reaction score
Holbrook wants to sign with us but the board are considering keeping pay for the remainder of his contract. Stupid move ! That's the last time I heard. I hope I'm wrong and things have changed since then. Guys we need to be more Vocal show that we want pay axed like maybe putting a big sign Infront of Belmore saying sack pay and one at every game in the grand stands lol
Exactly - I would have expected "sack pay, sign holbrook or we sack lynn and chris" signs at the games. I'd be willing to pay $20 for anyone to do that. You could probably get 50 people to join in. That would be a good gig. Spend $100 on a sign, $100 for tickets/food and then get paid $800 for holding up a sign and picking your nose while watching Tols take his 4th tackle hit ups.
Maybe the Andersons are completely ignorant and have no idea that keeping Pay is an unpopular decision

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I stopped reading fictional novels at school.....

Status
Not open for further replies.